Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sexual addiction is nothing more than a continuing pattern of unwanted compulsive sexual behavior that has had a negative impact on an individual's personal, social and/or economic standing.

. Sexual Addiction is not a disease by medical standards. It is not an excuse for having marital affairs, nor is it a defense in criminal proceedings involving sexual behavior. It is neither rare, nor incurable. Sexual addiction is not found in the majority of rapists and stalkers. The vast majority of sexual addicts are no more likely to engage in child molestation or rape than a randomly-selected stranger. In fact, many times, the sexual addict is actually less likely to engage in such behaviors due to their skewed value system.

A proposed mental condition termed "hypersexual disorder" is being considered for inclusion in the appendix of the DSM-V, due for publication in May 2013. Its placement in the appendix would indicate hypersexual disorder is a phenomenon worthy of scientific interest but in need of more research before being considered an official disorder.

Currently, the DSM-IV has an entry for "sexual disorder not otherwise specified," defined as distress about repeated sexual relationships with a succession of lovers who exist "as things to be used," a description Many say is vague and limited.

To meet the proposed criteria for hypersexual disorder, an adult would have to meet four of the following five criteria, repeatedly, over a period of at least six months: spend excessive time engaged in sexual fantasies, urges and behaviors; use sex in response to unpleasant moods like anxiety, depression or boredom; use sex in response to stressful life events; unsuccessfully try to control or reduce sexual activities; and pursue sex despite risks for physical or emotional harm. The behavior also must cause personal distress or impairment in a person's social or work life (www.psychologytoday.com)

*I don't see GBC being able to use this as a defense at all. Like in other cases it may show he has compulsive behaviour and was a creep but this alone does not invoke brain chemistry that would or could be perceived to be sufficiently so disrupted, altered or compromised to a point where one could justify or claim that their addiction caused them to inadvertently kill their wife.

In terms of a sex game gone wrong. Highly unlikely I'd say. New hair do, kids potentially around, getting stuff ready for school next day, getting ready for conference, a Thursday night etc. etc. can't see it at all - even though I know someone just put it out there.

My money is on Allison hitting the roof about TM going the next day. I'd say GBC lost it. throw in the money and possible thoughts he had about collecting insurance money and I'd say it was possible in a moment of rage it all got out of hand and he overreacted. If Allison argued about the conference, TM, money, reputation, counselling, maybe knowing of other affairs, the lies etc. etc. it all, when combined, may have been enough to make him use force to shut her up and he overdid it because I feel he was so unhinged and merely gripping life (aka his public persona) by the finger tips. Allison may have threatened to expose him for example for what he is and in a fit of rage all of his frustration with everything, including pressure from TM has come out.

Nice to see you all. I've been way too busy with work and think I've caught up but have probably missed a few things. Great to see money raised at golf day

Thank you Pulp Fiction for your info on the sexual addication, very interesting. Also big thanks to Daisyinthedesert and minni. Have to say I really enjoy reading and discussing other ideas.

The one thing I really cant get my head around, no matter how hard I try, is how did someone with a finance background and a father with a finance background get into so much financial mess.
If gbc had grandiose ideas and wanted to spend recklessly to make himself appear to be a high flyer, wouldnt nbc be able to step in and tone down some of these grandiose ideas e.g. moving to Toowong Towers when your business is struggling and realestate itself isnt exactly booming. People are being cautious. How could two heads together not be able to see common sense, personality issues or not?

The one thing I really cant get my head around, no matter how hard I try, is how did someone with a finance background and a father with a finance background get into so much financial mess.
If gbc had grandiose ideas and wanted to spend recklessly to make himself appear to be a high flyer, wouldnt nbc be able to step in and tone down some of these grandiose ideas e.g. moving to Toowong Towers when your business is struggling and realestate itself isnt exactly booming. People are being cautious. How could two heads together not be able to see common sense, personality issues or not?

not so sure NBC had a lot of finance knowledge or indeed a lot of money. one of my staff was in the same class as gbc at toowoomba grammar and said the bcs were not at all well off and they were selling tupperware or something to make ends meet. also said that his classmates always thought that gbc was gay

not so sure NBC had a lot of finance knowledge or indeed a lot of money. one of my staff was in the same class as gbc at toowoomba grammar and said the bcs were not at all well off and they were selling tupperware or something to make ends meet. also said that his classmates always thought that gbc was gay

To be fair squizzey, I have knocked along side many Zimbabweans re-making their way in Australia, and it is a financial stretch to get resettled. Also the accent (which GBC seems to have retained the hint of) does come across as gay to the ears of an average Aussie kid ...

Sexual addiction is nothing more than a continuing pattern of unwanted compulsive sexual behavior that has had a negative impact on an individual's personal, social and/or economic standing.

. Sexual Addiction is not a disease by medical standards. It is not an excuse for having marital affairs, nor is it a defense in criminal proceedings involving sexual behavior. It is neither rare, nor incurable. Sexual addiction is not found in the majority of rapists and stalkers. The vast majority of sexual addicts are no more likely to engage in child molestation or rape than a randomly-selected stranger. In fact, many times, the sexual addict is actually less likely to engage in such behaviors due to their skewed value system.

A proposed mental condition termed "hypersexual disorder" is being considered for inclusion in the appendix of the DSM-V, due for publication in May 2013. Its placement in the appendix would indicate hypersexual disorder is a phenomenon worthy of scientific interest but in need of more research before being considered an official disorder.

Currently, the DSM-IV has an entry for "sexual disorder not otherwise specified," defined as distress about repeated sexual relationships with a succession of lovers who exist "as things to be used," a description Many say is vague and limited.

To meet the proposed criteria for hypersexual disorder, an adult would have to meet four of the following five criteria, repeatedly, over a period of at least six months: spend excessive time engaged in sexual fantasies, urges and behaviors; use sex in response to unpleasant moods like anxiety, depression or boredom; use sex in response to stressful life events; unsuccessfully try to control or reduce sexual activities; and pursue sex despite risks for physical or emotional harm. The behavior also must cause personal distress or impairment in a person's social or work life (www.psychologytoday.com)

*I don't see GBC being able to use this as a defense at all. Like in other cases it may show he has compulsive behaviour and was a creep but this alone does not invoke brain chemistry that would or could be perceived to be sufficiently so disrupted, altered or compromised to a point where one could justify or claim that their addiction caused them to inadvertently kill their wife.

In terms of a sex game gone wrong. Highly unlikely I'd say. New hair do, kids potentially around, getting stuff ready for school next day, getting ready for conference, a Thursday night etc. etc. can't see it at all - even though I know someone just put it out there.

My money is on Allison hitting the roof about TM going the next day. I'd say GBC lost it. throw in the money and possible thoughts he had about collecting insurance money and I'd say it was possible in a moment of rage it all got out of hand and he overreacted. If Allison argued about the conference, TM, money, reputation, counselling, maybe knowing of other affairs, the lies etc. etc. it all, when combined, may have been enough to make him use force to shut her up and he overdid it because I feel he was so unhinged and merely gripping life (aka his public persona) by the finger tips. Allison may have threatened to expose him for example for what he is and in a fit of rage all of his frustration with everything, including pressure from TM has come out.

Thanks for posting this.
Personally, I don't believe for a second that GBC is actually suffering from sexual addiction or hyper sexual disorder. I see his current 'actions' as an attempt to garner sympathy, and to try and minimise (if not reverse) the impact that his rancid behaviour (prior to Allisons murder) had on his image, and on the public perception of him.

All MOO.

Thanks for posting this.
Personally, I don't believe for a second that GBC is actually suffering from sexual addiction or hyper sexual disorder. I see his current 'actions' as an attempt to garner sympathy, and to try and minimise (if not reverse) the impact that his rancid behaviour (prior to Allisons murder) had on his image, and on the public perception of him.

All MOO.

Is it definitely accurate he is displaying this behavior ?...IMO if it was true and he was using it in an attempt to garner some kind of sympathy for his previous actions would that not jeopardize any future contact or custody(if he was released) he would wish to have with his girls ...

To be fair squizzey, I have knocked along side many Zimbabweans re-making their way in Australia, and it is a financial stretch to get resettled. Also the accent (which GBC seems to have retained the hint of) does come across as gay to the ears of an average Aussie kid ...

i wasnt putting crap on them. just meaning to say that their whole attitude seems as though it could be one big facade

Is it definitely accurate he is displaying this behavior ?...IMO if it was true and he was using it in an attempt to garner some kind of sympathy for his previous actions would that not jeopardize any future contact or custody(if he was released) he would wish to have with his girls ...

If he was displaying this behavior in prison he would have been charged immediately.

The law in prison is no different to your local shopping centre. Exposing himself while masturbating in public is a criminal offense. It is NOT tolerated by anyone in prison be it an officer or anyone else. I believe the above not to be true.

Why would an officer go and tell you this without charging him????????

The information about GBC's behaviour is contained on the last paragraph
Hi Onlyone,

I cannot give you verification as my information comes from a source that cannot be identified. I will say MOO etc so that the powers that be remain happy but it is from the horse's mouth so to speak.....

My understanding is that OW will be given supervised access because she was named by GBC as guardian of the children. I had an altercation with another member earlier on here (just after he was arrested) but GBC named her as guardian. Essentially as he hasn't harmed the girls his "rights" (and I use that word because of what it recognises not because it may be the correct legal term) as their father still remain intact and he is able to assert who will look after the girls but he still makes the decisions. He put this all in place just before he was arrested. What has subsequently happened is that the courts have ignored this in what is quite unusual. The belief is that the seniors BC's are in some way involved and will try to unduly influence the girls as they are potential witnesses. The facetime call in fact changed a lot of decisions!! IMO

OW is not believed to have been involved but because she potentially knew after the fact they are still keeping her out of the way as well. The decision is apparently reviewed every 6 weeks but is expected to stay as status quo until the end of the year. In the Dickies favour is that they have been resistant to hammering GBC in the press and therefore have come across as less likely to influence the girls.

The BC family haven't allowed the Dickies access to the belongings because they belong to GBC. Unfortunately being an *advertiser censored**&le isn't grounds to force the issue. The local community has triumphed and come to the rescue here and it's been just amazing.

It is an incredibly stressful situation and there is a lot of stress and fear but they are living day to day and moment to moment hoping and praying it all goes their way.

On another point IMO GBC has been told to keep his mouth shut but I think eventually it will become too much for him - he will need to boast of his exploits. I have also heard from a friend who works at the prison that he is exhibiting behaviour that is quite sexually graphic. There is a thought he is trying to pass himself off as a sex addict!! Ewwww shudder IMO IMO

My posts have been in response to the final paragraph - how accurate this information is, is of course open to speculation, I personally believe that the poster has given information based on their belief that it is accurate :D

All MOO.

I think there are a few reasons why the forum is much quieter.

I can't see how one can or should even have to provide a link for every 'what if'. I think MOOing should be considered enough. If someone says for example, "My friend works at the prison and said GBC does this or that", then I think that's perfectly acceptable. People are free to take it or leave it, IMO.

If most of the discussion about this case has to go to the chatroom, then again, what's the point of this main thread?

MOO

I can't see how one can or should even have to provide a link for every 'what if'. I think MOOing should be considered enough. If someone says for example, "My friend works at the prison and said GBC does this or that", then I think that's perfectly acceptable.

If most of the discussion about this case has to go to the chatroom, then again, what's the point of this main thread?

MOO
At the moment, and unless the case goes before the courts, not much apart from going over the to date known facts to see if there is a new angle.

I think it's a bit of a grey area. For example, we have all wondered and speculated how Allison was killed. Was she strangled, suffocated, drowned etc? None of us know, so we can't provide links or really substantiate any of those maybes, but it should still be OK to discuss, IMO.

I can't see how one can or should even have to provide a link for every 'what if'. I think MOOing should be considered enough. If someone says for example, "My friend works at the prison and said GBC does this or that", then I think that's perfectly acceptable. People are free to take it or leave it, IMO.

MOO

Yes they may be free to say this and that but it is not correct to say that he is committing criminal offences while in there without being charged ect.

I have 22 years prison service and I for one can tell you that this behavior is not excepted in any form, at any time, by anyone.

If he was displaying this behavior in prison he would have been charged immediately.

The law in prison is no different to your local shopping centre. Exposing himself while masturbating in public is a criminal offense. It is NOT tolerated by anyone in prison be it an officer or anyone else. I believe the above not to be true.

Why would an officer go and tell you this without charging him????????

This is interesting Keentoknow, and something I've never really thought about before. I understand you have experience in the prison system, so can I ask a question please?

One hears of a lot of dodgy behaviour that goes on inside prisons, such as violence and drug taking. Is it true that this type of thing happens, and if so is it generally dealt with according to the law? Or do you think some prison officers just turn a blind eye to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie