Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Alioop, sorry and all. It's a big ask, I know. Apologies. Just try and forget the timing, the circumstances, that Allison is still missing, (not necessarily deceased but missing), and the fact they might in the near future be the bereaved; and see if you can front up just one more time. About 32 sec mark. This "kiss" bit might even be a cover up ...

I wish I hadn't looked again but you are right she has a good feel around his chest, maybe for something in a shirt pocket or something hanging around his neck under his jumper?

Clutching at straws, IMO
(The other straws went to water.)
Unless I am off track completely, the first story was supposed to be along the lines of
"Allison went for a walk and hasn't come home."
Insinuating possibly something might have happened along the walk. Random stranger or something similar.
What I can't work out is why the lawyer is going along with the changes of script. I understand he is a very good lawyer.

Yes he is a good lawyer and is using what he has available to him, in this case some not very compelling stuff about a possible suicide theory. If the BC's are prepared to pay him to have a go at using this to try to get GBC bail then why not. I am sure he advised that whilst worth a go, that it probably would not be successful in getting bail granted.

Clutching at straws, IMO
(The other straws went to water.)
Unless I am off track completely, the first story was supposed to be along the lines of
"Allison went for a walk and hasn't come home."
Insinuating possibly something might have happened along the walk. Random stranger or something similar.
What I can't work out is why the lawyer is going along with the changes of script. I understand he is a very good lawyer.

Initially, in the early days when police were frantically searching for Alison, I certainly believed she had gone for a walk. There were reports of mobile phone signals, screams in the night etc. I conjured up the image that Alison had met with a random attacker. But it did not all gel. Why the intense interest in GBC and his home? If the family had got its story straight I doubt whether GBC would have been arrested.hypothetically eg. "yes the marriage was in difficulty, we had an argument about money and/or my lover, Alison yelled at me, scratched my face and ran out of the house. She was distriessed because of my affair and I hadn't ended it when I promised I would. I waited for her to cool off and return and then I became quite worried. I rang my father to come over and mind the children and then went for a drive to try and find her. I did not want her out alone at night. After searching for hours I rang the police.".

GBC is not the first or last person to have an affair or treat his partner with derision. That is bad enough but would have been forgotten if he had not continued to make serious blunders. It will certainly be interesting the angle the defense will take. They have already introdroduced the suicide theory, but it will need to be stonger. Depression and empty Zoloft packets don't lead to a woman walking 14 kms alone at night (seemingly without any witnessess) and inexplicity deciding to abadon her children (whom by all accounts she adored), to either jump of a bridge or lie under it. Its still does not seem to be clear whether she jumped, was dragged to her final resting place.

Is it possible he will recant his earlier brief statement and say embarrassment stopped him making a full disclosure at the time. It is how I hypothetically stated it, he is very sorry but one lie, led to the next etc. and he didn't not know how to extricate himself from the hole he had dug?????

"yes the marriage was in difficulty, we had an argument about money and/or my lover, Alison yelled at me, scratched my face and ran out of the house. She was distriessed because of my affair and I hadn't ended it when I promised I would. I waited for her to cool off and return and then I became quite worried. I rang my father to come over and mind the children and then went for a drive to try and find her. I did not want her out alone at night. After searching for hours I rang the police.".

Is it possible he will recant his earlier brief statement and say embarrassment stopped him making a full disclosure at the time. It is how I hypothetically stated it, he is very sorry but one lie, led to the next etc. and he didn't not know how to extricate himself from the hole he had dug?????

Only trouble with Allison being out alone at night was, GBC was actually asleep all night. So how did he know how and in what state Allison went out?
Also Allison went for a walk last night, or uh... was it this morning...
Was it a normal regular walk or a walk following an argument?
(Was it a sort of sweaty type walk following an expensive beautiful hairdo for tomorrow's conference)

So you see, there wasn't many hours between when he noticed her missing and when he called the police.

Only trouble with Allison being out alone at night was, GBC was actually asleep all night. So how did he know how and in what state Allison went out?
Also Allison went for a walk last night, or uh... was it this morning...
Was it a normal regular walk or a walk following an argument?
(Was it a sort of sweaty type walk following an expensive beautiful hairdo for tomorrow's conference)

So you see, there wasn't many hours between when he noticed her missing and when he called the police.

But if he changed his story to being awake all night following and argument etc. it could put a different slant on the story. After all GBC saw himself as a "pillar of the community"--could he plausibly recant and say he did not tell the truth to begin with because he was embarrased that news of the affair may get out and that his wife scratched him. He could say that he was ashamed to admit he had put himself in such an awkward position. It is just one angle he could play in my humble opinion. Lets face it, the versions he has given already are hardly believeable. WHy not try another angle???

I think it was just that Ian and OW didn't think that Allison was suicidal. No one did until the defence lawyers have seen the police evidence and picked out a few things that they thought were enough to have another go at bail on the basis of a "suicide theory" ,no doubt under pressure by the BC's to get him out of jail on bail.

You know something strange? Here is a paradox and it is about hair.
If someone is really depressed....I mean DEPRESSED.
Well the hardest thing in the world is to actually pick up a hairbrush and apply it to one's head. It, the brush, the arm, the hand, is so darned heavy, the hair seems so far away from the hand, and the hair is so inconsequential.

(Not that I believe any of the 'new evidence" but I wish a qualified psychiatric Doctor or Nurse would speak about this.) It just doesn't work. Full stop. It's about as educated as inferring death by Zoloft.

Initially, in the early days when police were frantically searching for Alison, I certainly believed she had gone for a walk. There were reports of mobile phone signals, screams in the night etc. I conjured up the image that Alison had met with a random attacker. But it did not all gel. Why the intense interest in GBC and his home? If the family had got its story straight I doubt whether GBC would have been arrested.hypothetically eg. "yes the marriage was in difficulty, we had an argument about money and/or my lover, Alison yelled at me, scratched my face and ran out of the house. She was distriessed because of my affair and I hadn't ended it when I promised I would. I waited for her to cool off and return and then I became quite worried. I rang my father to come over and mind the children and then went for a drive to try and find her. I did not want her out alone at night. After searching for hours I rang the police.".

GBC is not the first or last person to have an affair or treat his partner with derision. That is bad enough but would have been forgotten if he had not continued to make serious blunders. It will certainly be interesting the angle the defense will take. They have already introdroduced the suicide theory, but it will need to be stonger. Depression and empty Zoloft packets don't lead to a woman walking 14 kms alone at night (seemingly without any witnessess) and inexplicity deciding to abadon her children (whom by all accounts she adored), to either jump of a bridge or lie under it. Its still does not seem to be clear whether she jumped, was dragged to her final resting place.

Totally agree with you about the hole he has dug.
And extricating himself from same. (Try TV movie or Play Act...Take One, No, not good enough. Axe.
Take Two, Still not good enough. Axe that too)

Oh what a tangled web .......

I wish I hadn't looked again but you are right she has a good feel around his chest, maybe for something in a shirt pocket or something hanging around his neck under his jumper?

Whilst I regretted seeing it again on YouTube, I did enjoy reading the associated comments.

The bridge looked lovely today.

To Possumheart, Where you write these words:
"A guilty conscience needs to confess"
One needs to HAVE a conscience in order to feel guilt.
(sorry to be picky, but it does rather stand out)
I have personal experience with this, so recognize first hand the emptiness that lies within such a soul.

To Possumheart, Where you write these words:
"A guilty conscience needs to confess"
One needs to HAVE a conscience in order to feel guilt.
(sorry to be picky, but it does rather stand out)
I have personal experience with this, so recognize first hand the emptiness that lies within such a soul.

So sad, isn't it. Really really sad.

It will be a busy time for WS sleuthers in Feb, March and April 2013:
Feb 27th 2013 Robert Fardon: DPP challenge to Supreme Court Justice's decision re parole;
March 11th, 12th, 13th Gerard Baden-Clay: Committal Hearing for murder charges Allison;
March 12th, 13th Adrian Ernest Bayley: Committal Hearing for murder charges Jill Meagher;
March 15th Adrian Bayley's lawyers to receive Brief of evidence on 7 new charges;
March 18th, 19th, 20th Gerard Baden-Clay: continued Committal Hearing for murder etc;
March 27th Steven Hunter Committal Hearing for murder charges Sarah Cafferkey;
April 26th Adrian Bayley court appearance re 7 new charges.

With everything we have kicked around, turned upside down and inside out, can anyone on Webslueths give me any absolute proof GBC murdered Allison? Everything we have spoken about could be turned around to be co-incidence or neglect. Nothing at this point he has done is unlawful or puts him at the bridge or actually murdered Allison.

What I'm getting at is, I can't wait to hear the further evidence the police have on GBC to have kept him inside and convict him for murder without doubt.

I know we are going to be absolutely gobsmacked with the further evidence & I can't bloody well wait!!

This is going to be good (hopefully)

They've got you

It will be a busy time for WS sleuthers in Feb, March and April 2013:
Feb 27th 2013 Robert Fardon: DPP challenge to Supreme Court Justice's decision re parole;
March 11th, 12th, 13th Gerard Baden-Clay: Committal Hearing for murder charges Allison;
March 12th, 13th Adrian Ernest Bayley: Committal Hearing for murder charges Jill Meagher;
March 15th Adrian Bayley's lawyers to receive Brief of evidence on 7 new charges;
March 18th, 19th, 20th Gerard Baden-Clay: continued Committal Hearing for murder etc;
March 27th Steven Hunter Committal Hearing for murder charges Sarah Cafferkey;
April 26th Adrian Bayley court appearance re 7 new charges.

Thanks Fuskier. However, i very much wish this list didn't exist :-(

The police interviewed TM several times & I'm sure they put the pressure on her because she had reason to murder Allison as well. Remember after TM & Allison saw each other at the gym and both girls gave GBC abusive calls and texts. TM referred to Allison as the 'lady of leisure' so she obviously absolutely resented Allison.

Really, why was the layout of TM's house in Allison's diary? Therapy does not gell.

I would have loved to see the smart*rse attitude knocked out of her when the police told her she was a person of interest so fess up now girlfriend! Oh I bet she spilt the beans to save her own bacon. Poor baby.

They'll get you too girlfriend

I agree, the therapy doen't gel, and we only have it from GBC's mouth at this stage. I would love to hear/read a statement from the counsellor saying she asked them to talk for 15 minute blocks every night about his infidelity, and also that it was good for their relationship for him to draw the layout of Toni's place.

That just all seems too odd for me, and like absolute torture for Allison.

GBC, however, being the <modsnip> that he was, would have loved these tasks. He would revel in watching Allisons pain during these tasks.

Makes me really wonder.

I bet it was only in his dreams that the counsellor asked them to do these things.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member