Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dedicated sleuther in action!!! Taking it on for the greater good...... :hero:

I salute you :)

LOL :floorlaugh: Thanks

There is an affair happening, she is trying to break up with him.
Corrupt lawyers..... :yawn:

Bingo!! I heard it.
It's a judge on the stand. Honestly I got a little vomit in my mouth when I heard it. .
"Upon the advice of council I am here today to assert my right under the 5th ammendment against self incrimination"
When questioned the judge on the stand just keep stating he takes the 5th.
"You know any judge you bring in here will plead the 5th"

Surely though by their age EBC and GBC would have heard this term used many times before, NO? It's used a lot in American TV shows and movies. BUT in fairness, the words "taking the 5th" seem to be used a lot in this episode so you may google it for clarification to figure out what the heck the show is all about. But another again, if you had to explain having it n the phone woulg google have come up with the particular show at the time? Maybe nothing sinister in this : (

Funny thing about mud that is subject to tides (and I don't know if the Kholo mud does this) And it is that footprints stay imprinted in that mud for weeks sometimes. Even the water rising and falling over them.
Then again the person who placed her there was very clever at obliteration of evidences.
I was with Mani when those photos were taken and there was a roof tile marking where Allison was found. It wasn't till Minni looked at the photos that we realised there was a 'body imprint' in the mud. It seems that the mud had held her shape. It would have been near impossible for anyone to place her there IMO....although the photo that shows her body looks like she was placed on her side with her knees bent and hands behind her back.

Indro, your post is so sobering.
What an awful shock you must have got when Minni spotted the imprint. You wouldn't have been looking for anything like that, as quite some time had passed, and bang, there it is.
Spot on Ladybird about that type of mud.
Indro, do you think the tile was placed there as a marker by someone?

Indro, your post is so sobering.
What an awful shock you must have got when Minni spotted the imprint. You wouldn't have been looking for anything like that, as quite some time had passed, and bang, there it is.
Spot on Ladybird about that type of mud.
Indro, do you think the tile was placed there as a marker by someone?
Yes, I always said that the tile was a marker...I just didn't realise until Min spotted the imprint that it was for Allison's body.
I haven't been back for some time, but there was several months last year that I was there every other week and that tile never moved even after heavy rain.

Yes, I always said that the tile was a marker...I just didn't realise until Min spotted the imprint that it was for Allison's body.
I haven't been back for some time, but there was several months last year that I was there every other week and that tile never moved even after heavy rain.

I cant believe how flukey it was that she landed where she did. The tidal mud obviously so sticky, she wedged and didn't float away. Another metre or so onto the bridge and she'd have likely ended up a lot further away, and who knows what that outcome might have been.

I've seen wildlife documentaries where animals get stuck in that mud whilst still alive, and unless they are rescued by humans, its a fatal situation to be in.

I think I remember the photos being marked Sept, 2012. (some of Manis from the other day) Was that when you took the ones you are referring to? Thats a long time from April. Amazing.

Thanks for your personal account by the way.

Gosh, it is so good to see some of the originals back here. Thanks Amee, Case Closed, Possumheart, Berry. Appreciate input from everyone. Thanks.

Does anybody have information regarding GBC's visitors? Have family members visited him regularly or have they kept a distance now that some time has gone by? Has any local spotted the girls with Nigelain at the local shops? Just curious.

Wonderful, insightful posts as usual. Thanks.
Just for interest, Women's Weekly, March 2013 - page 96, profiles this case leading into the committal.

I cant believe how flukey it was that she landed where she did. The tidal mud obviously so sticky, she wedged and didn't float away. Another metre or so onto the bridge and she'd have likely ended up a lot further away, and who knows what that outcome might have been.

I've seen wildlife documentaries where animals get stuck in that mud whilst still alive, and unless they are rescued by humans, its a fatal situation to be in.

I think I remember the photos being marked Sept, 2012. (some of Manis from the other day) Was that when you took the ones you are referring to? Thats a long time from April. Amazing.

Thanks for your personal account by the way.
It was early July. We met a few times between June & August.
One of our cars got bogged, my battery went flat....thank goodness for RACQ break down rescue!

I was with Mani when those photos were taken and there was a roof tile marking where Allison was found. It wasn't till Minni looked at the photos that we realised there was a 'body imprint' in the mud. It seems that the mud had held her shape. It would have been near impossible for anyone to place her there IMO....although the photo that shows her body looks like she was placed on her side with her knees bent and hands behind her back.

Indromum, that must have been awful to realise, so sad. I think I remember seeing this photo long, long ago, and the discussion afterwards. Any chance you could post it again? Would like another look, just to reaffirm position and mud etc. that Brissie River mud is like quicksand and I'd make a bet that there is still some remnants of the imprint.

Wonderful, insightful posts as usual. Thanks.
Just for interest, Women's Weekly, March 2013 - page 96, profiles this case leading into the committal.

Good to see that the media is still onto it. Especially an Australia wide publication. I expect it will all explode in two weeks time. And now we have the Gold Coast guy home and having interviews and DNA samples taken. HMMM!!!

It was early July. We met a few times between June & August.
One of our cars got bogged, my battery went flat....thank goodness for RACQ break down rescue!

I hope you are still in touch. Say "hi" to Mani for us, hope she's back on here soon!

Zoloft - apologies if this point has been discussed before, but could he have forced-fed her Zoloft and in the process chipped her tooth?

Interesting - but they have charged him with her murder at Brookfield. I believe they have evidence that the house was a crime scene. The police very quickly sprung into action on that Friday morning - much quicker than GBC expected. I believe he thought they would just file a missing persons report and treat it as a 'gone off for a time out' rather than launching a full scale search - he's a very silly and vain man - so used to having his drivel believed - particularly by young and impressionable women - didn't work with the policemen though ( insert evil laugh)

Hi Maigret...Thats interesting thank you. So when they charged him, does it detail that he is charged with murder specifically at Brookfield? I didnt know they could do that! I wonder what happens if they dont know where a murder has actually happened - eg, if the body has been dumped in a river or ocean and washes up somewhere? Do they just say location unknown or similar...sorry my knowledge of these things is woeful!

Hi Saxons, nice to see you back.

Yes the murder charge states the location of the alleged murder at their Brookfield address so the police must believe she was dead when transported to Kholo Creek.

I think if they don't believe they know the place of death they just say, place unknown in the charge sheet but Allison's death certificate which I have seen, says

Place of Death - Found deceased at Kholo Creek Crossing, Anstead.
Date of Death - Between 19 April 2012 and 30 April 2012

This is because the murder charge place and date of death are allegations by police, not known facts and are unable to be determined at this stage. Though the state of her body was consistent with her being deceased for about the time she was missing.

Hi Saxons, nice to see you back.

Yes the murder charge states the location of the alleged murder at their Brookfield address so the police must believe she was dead when transported to Kholo Creek.

I think if they don't believe they know the place of death they just say, place unknown in the charge sheet but Allison's death certificate which I have seen, says

Place of Death - Found deceased at Kholo Creek Crossing, Anstead.
Date of Death - Between 19 April 2012 and 30 April 2012

This is because the murder charge place and date of death are allegations by police, not known facts and are unable to be determined at this stage. Though the state of her body was consistent with her being deceased for about the time she was missing.

Great information thank you Ali. I guess I just am going mad trying to figure out all the comings and goings, vehicles, phones and its a puzzle that refuses to make sense. But I guess murder is not a sensible and rational event...

- respectfully snipped
It was his instinct, sixth sense, suspicion - call it what you like - and the fact that he had the gumption to call it in that it "didn't feel right" that led to the more senior detectives arriving on the scene about 20 minutes later, and the whole thing took off from there.

When I heard there was a missing woman- mother- in Qld last April, almost in the next sentence I heard that the husband, who had reported her missing after going to bed and sleeping all night, had given police a version of events to explain his facial scratches.

At the time this sounded very odd.

Who is unlucky enough to have his wife go missing and have noticable scratches on his face?

And then when I saw the scratches, I was so shocked.

Honestly, his razor took on the personality of Freddie Kruger, or he was in a struggle with someone who was possessed, or fighting for their life.
350631-baden-clay-evidence.jpg

These scratches are pretty unmistakable as gouges.
I have never seen anyones face looking like this.
(I have however watched Nightmare on Elm Street, and seen simliar markings. :( )

I kind of meant to post this under the other post about whether or not Allison could have inflicted the scratches in a fight, and this is what enraged Mr modsnip, but I honestly cannot see or imagine Allison, or pretty well anyone inflicting these sort of wounds upon another person unless she was fighting for her life.
Its my guess, these were acquired in her final throws of life. She knew her time was up unless she fought very, very hard at that point.

The police who responded to GBCs call were fantastic, I completely agree, but I think it was more than sixth sense. They were presented with a very peculiar scenario that morning, Not your run-of-the-mill start to the day for them, and I'm very glad they ramped it up pretty well immediately, (to GBC's complete surprise and horror).

Absolutely MOO. Could be mistaken. Its just a gut feeling when I look at these images.

Afterthought- maybe I'm over reacting here, but I really cant think of a time when, I've say, gone to work, and noticed someone with gouges like this on their face ?????

Doc, I should be asleep, but I'm now thinking more and more about these scratches. (Obsessor is at it again!!!)

I'm puzzled by the angle of the scratches- vertical. Parallel and vertical.

IF, and I know its only IF, these were caused by Allison in a struggle, it seems to me that they had to be caused by a downwards, ripping type action. I mean, if GBC was say kneeling over her on th bed, with a pillow over her face, the scratches would be more likely to go from back to front (of the face) wouldnt they? You would pull, as you scratched wouldn't you?
When I think about most face to face type situations, I can really only inagine the scratches being inflicted in a horizontal of diagonal direction.???

The dragging motion seems to be down, in this instant, which looks to me that Allison was reaching up towards his face, arms extended almost. Would this fit???

I started wondering what on earth could be a situation in which she was vertically below his head, and one scenario, that I hate to think about is, if she had the back of her head to his belly. Fitting with this, could we imagine Allison might have been sitting on the lounge watching the footy show, when GBC approached her from behind, and wrapped a rope around her neck and strangled her from behind?
I see a desperate gouge at "that" angle and of that ferocity resulting from this. The height would be about right too. He could have been holding incredibly tightly, and looking in the forward direction.

Not to do with the scratches, but, It would have been fairly silent. There would be next to no mess or no evidence. There would be ligature marks but these would have been destroyed by the decomposition.

If she was the other way around, ie. facing him during the event, (horrid to even think of this I know), and she was reaching up towards his head, like if she was collapsing to her knees or something, chances are he would have been looking down towards her, and again the scratches wouldn't be vertical. ???

Am I just overthinking this??? Does this make sense?

Another image....
349404-baden-clay-bail-hearing.jpg

I'm pretty sure there were three distinct parallel scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong