Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking at the phone records today and it really struck me when I made a table that GBC rang Allison's number twice and texted her twice when she supposedly has gone 'missing' yet later that day and the day after he doesn't appear to be able to get hold of NBC and rings him and EBC at least 10 times. Also no calls really from any of the family to Allison's number.

It just doesn't ring true. Wouldn't one of the first things you do when someone supposedly is missing (having a history ..NO not of depression...but massive relationship issues...) to keep ringing them from various numbers as they may not be answering the person they are trying to avoid. Something very fishy about all the phone records.

IMOO

Remember he is not a rationale thinker

IMHO only the way I see it in my head.

I think it was something GBC's desperate brain thought of as a way out of his messy financial state, then dismissed quickly as a stupid thing to even consider, but from time to time he let himself daydream about the money, and exactly how he would go about it

I think thar during a heated argument (probably IMO about TM being at the conference the next day, or perhaps even an argument about HOW he knew TM would be there - an admission to him talking to her or seeing her) the thought re-entered his mind and he went with it.

The reason that I've drawn this conclusion is because where some things seem quite thought out, other things are extremely sloppy.

I think he half planned to murder Allison, though not REALLY thinking that it was something he would or could go through with despite the (almost) million dollar prize.

Then in the heat of moment he was presented with the opportunity, and did it. Maybe his mind was even in daydream state to begin with (NOT AT ALL MAKING LIGHT OR EXCUSES)

I believe it was something that he had considered for a some time, and just needed a sitation to move the "thought" into "action"

It was last minute executed although pre-meditated and money-motivated.

Completely MOO

You know inspector - its actually a great little salon and they do a great job! Experienced hairdressers who listen in a pleasant salon - and its convenient.

This family were barely able to make ends meet so a hair appt seems like a huge luxury in those conditions. Perish the thought and this is not meant to cast aspersions on Allison but maybe she took an opportunity to get a bit of a revamp for her conference with no extra charge. I think if you have experienced budget cuts for a while you do get creative in getting things done. Its not meant to sound horrible that she did this just a practical consideration in her daily life.Not happy with my colour can we just adjust - which was done to coincide with the conference.

I have to admit I had thought the same thing Liadan. But it might just be coincidence too.

Does anyone know how is TM is wealthy. She was living in a rented flat.

I read somewhere that she had sold her house....and others have mentioned that she was not short of a 'bob'...Whether she was really, very wealthy or not I do not know.

Does anyone know how is TM is wealthy. She was living in a rented flat.

Who knows, but in one of her statements I think she indicates she received $100K from her equity in the home she had with her ex-defacto husband.

Someone recently was asking about the photo of the Captiva with the toys in back of it. I had the screen shot photo but couldn't locate the link for the video which it came from.

Finally located the link so I can now post the photo...

ScreenShot-toys.jpg

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/nati...554c17f24d/baden-clay-text-messages-revealed/

It's too neat! If those things had been in the car even for a few days they'd be all over the place. IMO

My son returned from Maui Thai class tonight (kickboxing) with exactly the same marks on his chest . His forearms were heavily padded to defend the spar partner. This session lasted 30 mins . Lots of kicks . His forearms looked the same even though they were padded. So it wouldn't take many blows to achieve that result without padding . As far as I'm aware there was no caterpillars in sight . Imo

IMHO only the way I see it in my head.

I think it was something GBC's desperate brain thought of as a way out of his messy financial state, then dismissed quickly as a stupid thing to even consider, but from time to time he let himself daydream about the money, and exactly how he would go about it

I think thar during a heated argument (probably IMO about TM being at the conference the next day, or perhaps even an argument about HOW he knew TM would be there - an admission to him talking to her or seeing her) the thought re-entered his mind and he went with it.

The reason that I've drawn this conclusion is because where some things seem quite thought out, other things are extremely sloppy.

I think he half planned to murder Allison, though not REALLY thinking that it was something he would or could go through with despite the (almost) million dollar prize.

Then in the heat of moment he was presented with the opportunity, and did it. Maybe his mind was even in daydream state to begin with (NOT AT ALL MAKING LIGHT OR EXCUSES)

I believe it was something that he had considered for a some time, and just needed a sitation to move the "thought" into "action"

It was last minute executed although pre-meditated and money-motivated.

Completely MOO
I have often thought the fight could have escalated when he brought up the subject of TM and the conference. As you said it could well have been a "How would you know she's going??" kind of thing.
I've also thought the same, maybe he's run through in his mind here & there about "what if something happened to her and I got that money?" but maybe never really seriously considered it.

Then again the fight could have been about alot of things, seems he had more than one problem. :juggle:

My son returned from Maui Thai class tonight (kickboxing) with exactly the same marks on his chest . His forearms were heavily padded to defend the spar partner. This session lasted 30 mins . Lots of kicks . His forearms looked the same even though they were padded. So it wouldn't take many blows to achieve that result without padding . As far as I'm aware there was no caterpillars in sight . Imo
Interesting. And that was with padding!! ... but no caterpillars? Damn. ;)

I read somewhere that she had sold her house....and others have mentioned that she was not short of a 'bob'...Whether she was really, very wealthy or not I do not know.

According to her police statement, she received $100000 in cash in her property settlement (which GBC was aware of) which is quite paltry really. She may also own other investments such as shares or investment properties.

She got $100000 from the sale of the home she had with her ex.

And I believe I read in statements that she brought in between 15k-50k per quarter, which I say would put her annual take home roughly 30k-100k. I also believe I read she wasn't on a weekly retainer like some of the other sales people in the same office.

IMOO

Thought some might be interested in reading this case from 1999 – Eugene Ricky Pulley has been found guilty and sentenced to life for the murder of his wife, Patty Jo Pulley. I actually found this case when I was researching fingernail scratches, and you’ll see why this case came up!

Here’s a couple of details that might give us hope that a conviction can be obtained when there’s apparently no definitive COD or eyewitnesses, and mostly circumstantial evidence. I know this is in the US, but I had many OMG moments as I was reading.

Pulley case:
• Eugene married to Patty Jo
• He was a pastor, she worked with him in the church
• Patty Jo was reported missing May 1999 and her remains were found Dec 2002 (quite a gap in time from when she disappeared) near a bridge over Hyco Creek
• A truck had been seen near this area the night she disappeared
• Conflicting stories given by Eugene to explain injuries on his body
o Scratches on face – drew suspicion – he gave different causes to different people, including squirrels, briars, ‘tripped and fell’, and a runaway dog!
o Other injuries included arm scratches and bruising
o Eugene got his own expert witnesses to testify that scratches could have been from briars, but in the end, the court seemed satisfied they were from fingernails
• Eugene reported his wife missing
• Eugene appeared distraught, emotional and in shock in the days following his wife’s disappearance
• Eugene did involve himself in the search for his wife
• Member of public apparently saw Eugene on a nearby road late on the night his wife disappeared – when offered assistance he refused help
• Another witness also saw both of Eugene/Patty Jo’s vehicles at their house, but a few minutes later, they were both gone
• The reverend at Eugene’s church approached him about improper use of the church’s credit card, Eugene was asked to reduce workload, ‘burnout’ was observed
• Eugene then disclosed that he was having relationship difficulties
• Eugene also confessed to an extramarital affair and financial difficulties, as well as engaging in phone sex calls
• When Eugene discussed indiscretions with Patty Jo, apparently she forgave him, but there were then issues of trust (also mention of Eugene’s sexual dysfunction)
• The defense claimed insufficient evidence, but he was convicted, and appeals were not successful (from what I could find so far).

The likely death of Patty Jo was asphyxiation, but I can’t find anything suggesting it was confirmed.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/nc-court-of-appeals/1150301.html# appeal summary

http://www.aoc.state.nc.us/www/public/coa/opinions/2006/pdf/050892-1.pdf more details

WOW!!

Hello All!

Strangeworld, thank you very much for this reference. Gerard's modus operandi bears striking similarities with that of Eugene. I tried to google images with 'nail scratches' and found heaps, all looking like those on Gerard's body.

Yesterday I was mucking around with the kids who were in the pool and I was on our balcony upstairs. They wanted me to lower their afternoon tea in a basket to them. I had to lean right over and my chest was squashed and as I reached out to swing the basket closer to them, my right armpit was slightly abraded on the balcony rail (I am right handed).

I can easily visualise gbc heaving poor Allison over the rail of the bridge, her tooth being chipped in the process, his chest being bruised from her weight "pulling" him forcefully against the bridge railing and then as he is dangling her over the edge, her jumper slips up her body to over her head and he leans to the right because he is right handed (do not know if this is the case...) and the last swing on her body (trying to heave ho her out as far as possible) before he lets go, causes a "hickey" type sub dermal bleeding rash at the junction of his arm and armpit. Just a theory moo.

Most sensible theory I've heard!

And I believe I read in statements that she brought in between 15k-50k per quarter, which I say would put her annual take home roughly 30k-100k. I also believe I read she wasn't on a weekly retainer like some of the other sales people in the same office.

IMOO

That was my understanding too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members