Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
In TM's statement # 4

#46 summary
Toni states that on night of 19 April 2012 both of her children were with her at her (now vacated) unit in St Lucia & that she remained at home all night (address is supplied in statement). The bedroom door of the room her children both share is left open, it is also situated close to the main entrance of the unit. She is not aware of any security cameras in her unit block.

According to real estate listings of other units in the same building (also known as ‘Jerdanefield Tower’) it features “secure building entry with intercom and swipe card access”.

http://www.thehomepage.com.au/property/residential/2336-jerdanefield-rd-st-lucia/391460

Types of swipe card systems used on buildings

Keycard lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Keycard lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBM

Should police need to verify TM’s claims she was at home all night on 19 April (in absence of any security cameras) I wonder if the building access security system had eyes & ears that night?

GREAT sleuthing, Camp Chair!!:loveyou:

I've been refreshing my memory with these gems. The granny pash, the vacuum cleaner, the mustard jacket, the toys being taken to the car, 'Settled' number plates, cars being impounded, mobile phone stuck to ear (GBC should have got surgery to remove it), computer seized, business as usual, going to a doctor after the caterpillar didn't use the razor properly - instead being out looking for his wife. But nothing tops the interview with Liv biting her lip and GBC talking in such a pathetic little-boy voice and being 'a little bit hurt, but I'm ok'. Never once did he beg the public to find Allison. Too focused on SELF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyVcEXIEKE&Feature+player.detailpage

I've been refreshing my memory with these gems. The granny pash, the vacuum cleaner, the mustard jacket, the toys being taken to the car, 'Settled' number plates, cars being impounded, mobile phone stuck to ear (GBC should have got surgery to remove it), computer seized, business as usual, going to a doctor after the caterpillar didn't use the razor properly - instead being out looking for his wife. But nothing tops the interview with Liv biting her lip and GBC talking in such a pathetic little-boy voice and being 'a little bit hurt, but I'm ok'. Never once did he beg the public to find Allison. Too focused on SELF.

Uggh!!!:facepalm: I forgot exactly how fakerooni he was in that interview!!! Jeez - that's the worst 'false sad' acting I've ever seen!!:banghead: JMO.

In TM's statement # 4

#46 summary
Toni states that on night of 19 April 2012 both of her children were with her at her (now vacated) unit in St Lucia & that she remained at home all night (address is supplied in statement). The bedroom door of the room her children both share is left open, it is also situated close to the main entrance of the unit. She is not aware of any security cameras in her unit block.

According to real estate listings of other units in the same building (also known as ‘Jerdanefield Tower’) it features “secure building entry with intercom and swipe card access”.

http://www.thehomepage.com.au/property/residential/2336-jerdanefield-rd-st-lucia/391460

Types of swipe card systems used on buildings

Keycard lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Keycard lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBM

Should police need to verify TM’s claims she was at home all night on 19 April (in absence of any security cameras) I wonder if the building access security system had eyes & ears that night?

With the whole purpose of swipe cards being for security, surely there would be a method of recording same. I suppose it would depend on the sophistication of that particular system/ apartment management. Not big enough for an onsite I wouldn't think. But then I could be wrong.
Lets hope QPS were onto it. Good catch CC. :bow:

It intrigues me how the statement says things like I had a conversation with X person about "something". When I worked as a health professional we always had to be very specific .......... Nothing vague. I wonder if they have other places where they keep records of all these "something" type statements with precise details of what they are. I am just curious. Perhaps someone who knows about these type of statements could explain more. In many ways I can understand the need for some of these things to be vague. ..... .. But it doesn't negate the other need for precise documentation too.

Hard to explain but I'll have a go. Family in the job explain it this way: The reason this is done is that the items, or people being referred to in the notes, are evidence in their own entity. Police notes are just that - notes as an aid to memory and not evidence in themselves. Usually the items (such as a note) are offered up in their own evidence. Or a person is produced as a witness in court to verify what they said. It's not for the police to make assumptions or judgements about what they saw or heard, simply to report and collect evidence.

It's called the 'best evidence' rule - reports of evidence are effectively hearsay. The best evidence is the evidence itself.
'I had a conversation with GBC'. They are recording the fact of the conversation, rather than the content of it. The content of it can be attested to in court by the police officer and by GBC.

You and I walk into a room where we think something bad might have happened, and we see a pool of blood on the carpet.
Police see a pool of red fluid which may be blood; that's what they report, and they collect evidence in order that its origin might be determined.
Does that help?

Under first bail application charge sheet & summary (page 11 of actual PDF doc) Police state:

On 30 April 2012, soon after the defendant was advised that a body had been located, the defendant’s financial advisor made a further query with one of the deceased’s life insurers. On 1 May 2012, prior to confirmed identification of the deceased, the life insurer was advised by the defendant’s financial advisor of a pending claim on that policy. The defendant urgently sought a death certificate to be issued for the deceased. When a certificate was issued, on 21 May 2012, the defendant lodged claims in relation to each of these policies and had further asked that these claims be expedited.

Statement of Witness : Tommy Laskaris (financial planner)

TL’s statement to police is dated 03 May 2012 and the last contact he details regarding the handling of BC insurance matters is on 17 April, when ABC emailed him re: reducing her policies. He does not describe this as his last contact date, however, there appears to be nothing further in his statement after this date to suggest he was the same financial advisor who initiated the pending insurance claims on behalf of GBC.

The charge sheet & summary states the life insurer was advised by the defendant’s financial advisor of a pending claim on 01 May 2012

I’m confused, who is the financial advisor again? Is there more than one acting on GBC's behalf?

OMG, that voice! :facepalm:

Another thing that made this story stray into bizarro land was his crash in the most unlikely place, 2 days after Allison's disappearance. I would love to know why? I've thought up so many reasons, one is that he wanted to scratch himself up a bit more, maybe hoped the windscreen would crash into his face. Is that too outlandish thinking?
Idk, my mind goes to strange places sometimes. :blushing:
039162-badenclay-car-crash-watermark.jpg

Under first bail application charge sheet & summary (page 11 of actual PDF doc) Police state:

Statement of Witness : Tommy Laskaris (financial planner)

TL’s statement to police is dated 03 May 2012 and the last contact he details regarding the handling of BC insurance matters is on 17 April, when ABC emailed him re: reducing her policies. He does not describe this as his last contact date, however, there appears to be nothing further in his statement after this date to suggest he was the same financial advisor who initiated the pending insurance claims on behalf of GBC.

The charge sheet & summary states the life insurer was advised by the defendant’s financial advisor of a pending claim on 01 May 2012

I’m confused, who is the financial advisor again? Is there more than one acting on GBC's behalf?

GBC's father Nigel was apparently a financial adviser. Another possibility is a woman who is a Twitter friend of GBC.

GBC's Twitter.
https://twitter.com/settlewestside/following

Melinda Arko
https://twitter.com/melindaarko

And wasn't there something about the children's passports being applied for ?

Or was that just a theory of someone as to the arrest happening when it did ?

Another thing that made this story stray into bizarro land was his crash in the most unlikely place, 2 days after Allison's disappearance. I would love to know why? I've thought up so many reasons, one is that he wanted to scratch himself up a bit more, maybe hoped the windscreen would crash into his face. Is that too outlandish thinking?

He swerved to avoid running over a caterpillar. That's how the accident happened.

As soon as I heard about this prang a voice in my head said GUILTY. I don't know why but from that moment on I knew GBC was guilty.

Earlier in the week it was reported the trial is expected to run 3 - 4 weeks.

If it runs for 3 weeks there's a chance it could finish on 1st July, which is Allison's birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77