Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #48

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads' started by SoSueMe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makara

Makara Former Member

Thanks Marly. I recall the police swooping on the Brookfield house only hours after GBC was arrested. We were all trying to work out why so many police and forensic vehicles were there. They apparently blocked the media at the front entrance to the house.

There was then another time after this that some of the locals saw police cars at the house. We never found out what that was about either. :banghead:

From memory, on the night of the bail hearing Nigelaine had just returned from Townsville when the police swooped on them. Apparently they'd decided to leave town for a few days. That same day there had been an anonymous bomb threat to the court where the bail hearing was due to take place.

2. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

A HAIRY GRUB!

:floorlaugh:

They sound similar to our 'spitfires' found on Sydney Coast.

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Interesting the way it was reported in SydneyMorningHerald....word for word....

BBM

May 5, 2012

Gerard Baden-Clay hasn't said much since his wife vanished on Thursday, April 19.

Sprung by a TV crew about a week after she disappeared, before her body was found, he was a bundle of hand-wringing nerves, tears not quite visible.

''I'm trying to look after my children at the moment, I've got three young girls, and we really trust that the police are doing everything they can to find my wife and we just hope that she will come home soon,'' he said with his sister, Olivia, at his side. ''I've spoken to the police about everything and I have had no contact from her at all … I've tried to help the police as much as I can, we all have, with everything we've got.''

http://www.smh.com.au/national/frie...e-done-more-20120504-1y489.html#ixzz33qzaZguQ

4. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I take it that the painkillers are working.
    :giggle:​

5. they'll get you

We have one desperate and panicking person wondering how he explain these marks.
    I imagine that could be the reason + a delay from visiting the police

6. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Can anybody elaborate please, if there are any Brigalow Belts at or around Brookfield way?
    (Brigalow being the Hairy Grub's favoured tree species haunt)
    Just wondering ....
    To my knowledge there is no other "caterpillar" in Australia that either causes hives, welts or allergic type reactions: or does such damage to one's torso as evidenced by those injuries on GBC.
    This would be a scientific first.

7. possumheart

On the Darling Downs I have had itchy welts from hairy grubs on a large ornamental peach tree. Very nasty.

8. they'll get you

An insect ecologist found no evidence of caterpillars in the area where accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay claimed to have been "bitten" by one, a court has heard.
    Professor Myron Zalucki from the University of Queensland was called upon by police to verify claims by Mr Baden-Clay that he suffered a reaction to a "caterpillar bite" which left red abrasions on his chest and neck.

"I could not find any [caterpillar] nests on those Acacia trees," he told the court.
    But Professor Zalucki noted that caterpillar hairs, when they have contact with the skin, can cause adverse reactions in some people, not dissimilar to the reaction Mr Baden-Clay claimed to have suffered.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...adenclay-was-bitten-court-20130319-2gcf7.html

9. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

Hear you TGY
    I rang 000 re what turned out to be a violent home invasion.
    No blood curdling screams just a women yelling for help early hours of the morning.
    Woken from deep sleep my first instinct was to ring 000.

000 kept me on the phone until the police arrived. It was only minutes before I could hear sirens coming our way.

I did ask in earlier post about the 000 transcript.

It just reads like it is 2 different conversations to me.
    Operator and GBC both say bye and then it clearly has End Conversation.

Then there is a bit at the end -- unidentified male with lots of indistincts and then it says again End Conversation.

10. Camp Chair

Camp Chair Active Member

Ladybird, it's all coming back...hairy grubs were a constant source of angst for me as a child lol. Hate the things and they'd travel in massive long lines everywhere! We called them 'itchy grubs'. Yuck.

[​IMG]

11. jojo85

jojo85 New Member

I posted that I saw police cars etc there on July 19. I believe the BCs were there too. Maybe the warrant was obtained on the 13th but not executed until the 19th? HMO

12. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Yep! That's the ones. Thanks for the graphic picture. (Recognize those nests anywhere) These critters really do cause grief, that is true. Itchy grubs.
    Keep clear of them, was what I was taught. But like I mentioned, they are habitat specific.
    And you would have to be pretty ignorant or blind to be any where near them. Brookfield?

13. Makara

Makara Former Member

Yes, thank you. :floorlaugh:

14. Makara

Makara Former Member

I thought you were talking about GBC. :floorlaugh:

C'mon, someone had to say it. :floorlaugh:

15. Thinking

Thinking New Member

Hi everyone, I drove over the bridge today and quite a few cars were parked near Allison's monument and several people there, plus at least two cameras filming - I guess things are really heating up now. Only a few days to go. Justice for Allison xxx

16. possumheart

:candle:

Attached Files:

17. AAAA

AAAA New Member

I'm glad you're back Daisy, I hope everyone else comes back! Not long to go!

I know I'll be in trouble with my partner, glued to my ipad and MSM! Should've booked a few days off....

18. they'll get you

They are working overtime
    :floorlaugh:
    She's back!​

19. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Folks some of you have been warned over & over.

You cannot post photos or info unless you have a relevant link included.

And you cannot post photos of people who have no connection to the case whatsoever

20. LollyPop

LollyPop Member

I can't quite believe trial starts next week. I hope so, so much that the police have concrete evidence and that justice is done. And my curious mind eagerly awaits answers to our many, many questions. Waiting......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.