Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #48

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads' started by SoSueMe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/06/08/09/16/gerard-baden-clay-due-to-face-murder-trial

Gerard Baden-Clay due to face murder trial
    June 8, 2014
    The murder trial of accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay is due to begin in Brisbane on Tuesday...As many as 72 witnesses could give evidence during the trial expected to run for up to four weeks in the Supreme Court...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24191044/gerard-baden-clay-due-to-face-murder-trial/

Gerard Baden-Clay due to face murder trial
    AAP
    June 8, 2014, 11:41 am
    https://s.yimg.com/ea/img/-/140608/badenclay_1280x720-19p7g2q.jpg?x=656&sig=nxKLeiq1zhDSzziebrEf4Q--

2. Amee

Amee Active Member

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Last warning on "that" address. Leave it out of the discussions thanks.

Unless you have a media link then it can't be posted or discussed.

4. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

5. Makara

Makara Former Member

6. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

What is live-stream. Is it a visual or written tweet?
    Do we download a link thingy?

7. they'll get you

Hopefully this is relevant.

At 9.15 am on Tuesday 3rd August 1999, the Federal Court of Australia became the first Australian court to broadcast live streaming video and audio of a judgment summary over the Internet. The case was Australian Olympic Committee Inc v Big Fights Inc [1999] FCA 1042.

The Court is keen to continue to improve public access with the use of live streaming video/audio. Further live and archived broadcasts of judgment summaries are posted on this page as they become available.

How to use streaming video/audio

Viewing videos on your computer is only possible if you have video playing software installed. Windows Media Player is one such software program and is free to download. Use the link below to download Windows Media Player.
    http://www.fedcourt.gov.au/publications/videos
    ------------------------------

Do we want court TV?
    Justice Martin signed off on an incredible first for WA in the lead-up to the high profile trial of Lloyd Rayney, a former barrister who in 2012 stood accused of the murder of his Supreme Court registrar wife Corryn.
    A media room with live-streaming access to court proceedings was established in the Perth District Court, allowing journalists in the state for the first time to cover a trial live on social media and blogs.
    The Supreme Court's Chief Justice and staff had pre-empted the public interest in proceedings. They took an expensive punt and most in media would argue it paid off.
    On the day Mr Rayney was found not guilty the courtroom that had been home to his trial was filled beyond capacity with members of the public.
    Attendees spilled into a second room and lined hallways.
    Had there been live streaming on the internet these people could have watched from the comfort of their homes.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/do-we-want-court-tv-20130509-2jace.html

8. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

No live broadcast to general public. It will be the same as it was for Cowan's trial...

February 10, 2014

The trial will attract intense media scrutiny and will be live streamed to reporters who cannot all fit into the courtroom. The trial will not be broadcast

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...mbe-begins-today/story-fnihsrf2-1226821944793

February 10, 2014

The massive public interest in the trial has necessitated the establishment of a second “overflow court’’ where the proceedings would be live-streamed, including a separate private room for the Morcombe family.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rial-in-brisbane/story-fnihsrf2-1226822409713

9. minusfour

minusfour Well-Known Member

I live in Tassie, but will be in Brisbane next Thursday- what are my chances of getting in to the court room do you think?

(I have only been in a criminal court trial once- when we were in Sydney, just sticky beaking. The defendant, who was subsequently found guilty of some sort of white collar fraud, was a chap I'd been at school with in Melbourne, more than two decades before!)

10. Makara

Makara Former Member

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/...-begin/xia55of

At 02:19 in the video above the journalist states;

There will be a media room set up inside the court to accommodate the huge media contingent. And also another courtroom will live stream the trial for interested members of the public.

I take this to mean that the second courtroom being set up for live streaming will be for members of the public who may not be able to fit into the main courtroom.

11. AAAA

AAAA New Member

If there is immunity does that need to be disclosed in court? Marly/Alioop?

12. AAAA

AAAA New Member

Snap! My thoughts too, but maybe a little info from TM?

13. AAAA

AAAA New Member

Raw prawn for the non Aussies here equates to idiot! IMO of course!

14. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

No problems. Suggest you be outside the courtroom door at no later than 9.45am even a bit earlier if you can, then as soon as security opens the doors go straight in and find a seat in the public seating. Allow for time to get through security at the court entry, just like the airport hand luggage scanner. You can come and go as you please, just bow to the judge on the way in and out. There will also be a sign on the door with the room number of the media room for the live streaming that anyone can go to if the main courtroom is full.

15. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

I think it would be. I am sure the defence would be told this and it is relevant to the credibility of the witness. So the prosecution would raise it in cross examination I am sure as a means of damaging the witnesses credibility of damning testimony against the accused.

16. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Member

24 HOURS to go !

17. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

18. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Removed a couple of posts.

Please keep derogatory comments/name calling out of the discussion thanks folks.

19. they'll get you

Thanks Marly. My only immunity is to shut up at this point of time.

Duct tape is my friend!

20. Oz Jen

Oz Jen Well-Known Member

One more Big Sleep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.