Allman Brothers Final Performance

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
The Allman Brothers Band Take a Final Bow at Epic Beacon Theatre Show
Rolling Stone
By David Fricke | October 29, 2014

"Never did I have any idea it could come to this," Gregg Allman tells crowd at group's last show for foreseeable future

lzO3JXn.jpg

Jaimoe, DerekTrucks, Butch Trucks, Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes, Marc Quinones and Oteil Burbridge onstage in New York City on October 28th, 2014.

The only note of sentiment during the Allman Brothers Band's October 28th concert at New York's Beacon Theatre – their last at that venue and anywhere else, at least for the foreseeable future – came after more than four hours of music: three sets and an inevitable encore, "Whipping Post." The seven members of the group – the surviving trio of founders, singer-organist Gregg Allman and drummers Butch Trucks and Jaimoe; the long-serving guitar team of Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks; and often overlooked veterans Oteil Burbridge on bass and percussionist Marc Quinones – lined up onstage and took a bow: a first at any Allmans-Beacon show I'd ever attended.

wow, no more concerts? I've seen them many times live....always wonderful. I still play their music when dh and I take road trips.

had the extreme pleasure of live performance ---

The last time I saw the band I cried the whole time.
I have always loved the Allman Bros. and watching, hearing, and feeling all those emotions made me so nostalgic-my date thought I was a fruitcake.
Gregg was always my vision of "sexiest man". Especially when he was married to Cher.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back