Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome home Michelle knight had a fb page. This woman needs all the support she can get!!! Lets give it to her!! The world is welcoming her home and she IS wanted!! Lets get her page viral and send her love.

Was just reading about how the little girl would be taken out of the home to visit her grandmother. Surely Ariel's mother and brothers would have asked questions, would have found something fishy about the replies concerning the identity and whereabouts of the girl's mother and would have asked to visit the girl in her home. He must be a really controlling manipulative liar everyone was scared of and who had an answer to everything. His son said some things to that effect.

I do not know why Ariel was not looked into when Gina disappeared. His daughter was the last to see her alive AND he looks like the suspect. Washe even formally questioned?

I recall in Jessica Ridgeway case in CO police questioned the parents of the little boy she was going to meet up with. People were totally innocent but they were questioned, as they expected to be. I would think most parents would expect to be questioned if their child's friend goes missing, especially if said child was the last to see the child alive.

Do we know whether he was even questioned?

He took a big risk w Gina. I wonder what he knew about her. I imagine she was easiest to get into the car bc she thought her friend was at his home.

It is a shame but all too often I wonder if police treat these cases as runaways and do not investigate them as seriously as they would for a 10 year old. Or perhaps not investigate the same way they do for a pretty white child. I recall the Ridgeway case again, they basically tore that town apart looking for that girl sure, they had a body but even before that, they had questioned the whole area.

One would have thought that they would have questioned him. He might have folded. They showed a video of him when he was stopped by police in 2008 for something w his motorcycle and he is very nervous in video.

Even now he is folding, it seems. He is talking. Why would be talk? He must not be able to withstand police pressure.

Sick coward who takes out insecurities on innocent children! If he was questioned after Gina this could have been prevented!

I remember AC had liked a Chinese Crested dog group page, or something of the sort on his fb...hopefully he didn't abuse any dogs too. :(

No, I haven't heard anything of the sort.

It WAS said during the 911 call. Amanda gave her address and the 911 operator said the call was coming from another address....it was. Amanda was at her neighbors. :moo:

Was just reading about how the little girl would be taken out of the home to visit her grandmother. Surely Ariel's mother and brothers would have asked questions, would have found something fishy about the replies concerning the identity and whereabouts of the girl's mother and would have asked to visit the girl in her home. He must be a really controlling manipulative liar everyone was scared of and who had an answer to everything. His son said some things to that effect.

Cleveland Plain dealer has article that says Michelle was upstairs and ran into police arms crying "you saved me".

How sad. Police said they were Teary eyes too!

Elizabeth, Shawn and Jaycee had extremely supportive families and they had access to many resources for counseling. I hope these girls find the same though I have doubts Michelle has the long term support network one needs to get through this. It is not who is there today or tomorrow but who is there a year from now when all the spotlight is gone. The fact there is no facebook page, no Internet page, etc for Michelle makes me think she does not have the support network the others have. Hopefully she can find from others what her family may not provide.

The others, especially Elizabeth and Jaycee, also had alot of financial resources to access the best counseling,etc. These girls do not look wealthy and it does not look like he was on parole or anything where there could be a lawsuit like Jaycee. Jaycee has a foundation to help people in this situation so maybe that will provide the resources

After watching the full homecoming of Gina on the local network stream, i am confident she will have all the support and care a family can give.

The city councilman at that reunion announced a fund called the courage fund and also said that there had been offers of "in kind" donations, example a dentist offered his services to the girls, and gave the email addy...couragefund@gmail.com for people to register their own in kind donations that can help in the healing process. It sounds like there were enough that they wanted to make it known immediately

I am confident Amanda will have the family help needed too even though she might have a tougher time, she also has her daughter to keep her going.

Michelle is a worry. I agree with the poster sad there isn't even a place to bring balloons and toys to, there is one brother who went to see her and gave her a hug (his description) but didnt even know that his sister was missing and another brother who knew but hasn't gone to see her yet and a mom whom apparently she said she doesnt want to see. I think it will be hard for her and she will need strong encouragement to see a counselor regularly. It was her cousin who said she was an adult with the mind of a child fyi so that also makes it harder

I'm sorry but I have to get this off my chest-- I find it EXTREAM disturbing that even the media isn't paying much attention to Michelle knight. It's like if you dissappear as a teen you dot suffer as much as a 20 year old. From the sounds of it her being the older of the three she took the brunt of the beatings with facial and hearing loss. People need to step up for this woman!! Big time

Not sure if this has been posted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-gave-CPR-Amanda-Berrys-baby-save-lives.html

"Dejesus told police that Castro initially approached her with his own daughter, who were friends and attended the same school. Castro later returned without his daughter and told DeJesus that he would give her a ride to his house so they could hang out, the report said."

I would think that police would have questioned Castro's daughter, seeing as how she was the last one who saw Gina. In doing so, I would hope they'd have her recount their entire time together that day. Did she mention.her dad seeing Gina? If so.. did the police speak with Ariel?

Sylvia brown is disgusting. I have no idea if she's as active as she once was but the reason she's not sued is because she hides behind "entertainment purposes only" written on her website etc. I never could stand her long nails and the clicking noise she'd make with them (I was stuck watching Montel in the 90's). Sadly I don't think she will face any repercussions like "Miss Cleo" - but she should. People like her prey on situations such as these to make their money.

I'm sorry but I have to get this off my chest-- I find it EXTREAM disturbing that even the media isn't paying much attention to Michelle knight. It's like if you dissappear as a teen you dot suffer as much as a 20 year old. From the sounds of it her being the older of the three she took the brunt of the beatings with facial and hearing loss. People need to step up for this woman!! Big time

I take this another way from a report I saw very early on CNN. I believe they may be backing off in respect of this girl. She suffered some serious facial damage to which she has told reporters she doesn't want her picture taken. On top of that there are family issues. Perhaps she is in counseling now at the hospital to help her heal. It seems she suffered the most. I'm glad they have backed off. Yes, she needs a lot of support but perhaps not quite ready yet. I believe she just needs more time.

Gosh I have so many thoughts on this after finally catching up again!! Let's see if I can remember it all now...

It seems that AC needed complete control and people in the area had said, he worked the neighborhood and got everyone to like him, though in the last few years he was more reclusive.
The way men like him control women is to 'break' them, to constantly abuse them emotionally, physically and financially.

He abused them emotionally by way of making them a cake and dinner on their anniversaries (sick f$&k). He threatened to kill them, he apparently made Amanda watch TV footage of her mothers death (according to early MSM reports) and no doubt made them watch footage of the searches for them. imagine all of the taunts over the years, as he got information of out of them or from families and turned it around on them.
Remembering that he also went to the vigils etc, imagine what he came back and told them... So horrific...
Even allowing Amanda to have the baby was a way of abusing Michele.

He abused them physically. Michele is so severely injured from her repeated beatings that her hearing is damaged and her face has 'structural' damage (I detest that phrase). Michele was also beaten to induce miscarriages.
Given his reported history of an abusive past, we can only imagine how far this abuse went and what the others endured.

He abused them financially because they were completely and utterly reliant on him for EVERYTHING! Food, water, clothing, medicine, personal hygiene products etc etc. he no doubt enjoyed this power as much as any of it because it reminded him and them that he had ultimate control.

I wonder if Michelle being older wasn't what AC was actually after, if she is infact only 4'7" she would look younger and maybe from the get go he resented that, maybe he felt like he'd been tricked? This could explain her treatment? As of course could many other scenarios...

I, like others believe that Amanda was a clear favourite. Who knows why? Maybe for the same reasons that some people click with some and not others? Maybe he'd been a regular at Burger King and was fond of her, or maybe she is just a sweet girl that caught his perverted eye? Amanda seemed to be able to handle him and I'd guess that having a child gave her the will to push on and get through it for her daughters sake. Becoming a Mum changes you in so many ways! Something that AC would never understand. I don't doubt that she was still abused severely.

We don't seem to know much about Gina's ordeal, other than she didn't appear to become pregnant, though could have had early miscarriages that were missed. I think maybe he was just indifferent to Gina, she was neither here nor there.

As far as his suicide note went, I read that it was a couple of years old. Regardless of the truth in that, I think that one day he wanted it known what he'd done, he wanted that notoriety that would come with it. I feel that he left it there as a back up plan that if one day he was away from the house and found out that he'd been caught out, he could take the cowardly way out and still have the last word. He may also have used it as a taunt to the girls, another way of installing fear. Who would feed or free them if he were dead, how long till someone found him?

My heart goes out to the girls, all three of them have been hurt in ways that we could never imagine possible. They shared a journey, but then that journey was so different for each of them, their traumas and the way they dealt with them were so different.

I just hope that they can continue to support each other as they have for the past 10 or so years and that their families and communities band together to be all that they need to be for these extraordinary young ladies!

Oh I also had another thought about Amanda and the jewellery she was wearing at the hospital, and her daughter too. I'm wondering if these were gifts from AC? If he did infact delude himself to see Amanda as his girlfriend he might have bought her things. He may also have done that for the others? Or only Amanda as a way to downgrade the other women...

Sorry for the essay!

I am afraid too some of the girls, particularly Michelle, will be exploited by friends or family. Tabloids, etc. or even legit news sources may license photos, etc, and there is money to be made here, I just hope the girls do not get exploited.

It has not happened w Jaycee, Elizabeth and Shawn and hopefully it will not happen here

One of the reasons Jaycee, and Elizabeth is doing so well is because I think they go to therapy pretty much everyday. Somebody has to pay for that. Hopefully these girls get those resources. Family can give all the love in the world but these girls need professional counseling. It is unfortunate there is a niche business in this but it is better than the alternative.

They had Shawn hornbeck on CNN today. He is a grown man now, works full time job. Looks like he turned out real well from what he had to overcome. Hopefully seeing him, Jaycee (who looked beautiful yesterday at that benefit) and Elizabeth doing so well will inspire the girls that they too can survive this.

All these girls went missing WITHIN A FIVE BLOCK AREA ON THE SAME CROSS STREET, LORAINE AVENUE

How could they not know all 3 were connected? I could see maybe not thinking that if merely same area but same cross street! Michelle case should have been identified earlier as being connected,

How many places in America do you have 3 girls go missing in 3 years from SAME STREET within 5 blocks? Think if that happened in your area. How could the police think they were not related?

Gina Dejesus's maternal grandfather now lives in FL and was on local TV tonight here. Here is some excerpts:

"I knew (Castro's) father, his uncle, his grandfather. I knew all the family," said Ruiz.

Ruiz said two of DeJesus' aunts live on the same street as Castro, just two blocks from where she was being held captive.

Castro also played in a band in the nightclub that Ruiz owned alongside fellow band member Ivan Marrero.

Over the past decade, both Marrero and Ruiz have traveled from Kissimmee back to Cleveland and run in to Castro, but never suspected anything was amiss.

Video & article:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ce...out/-/1637132/20072694/-/yybafiz/-/index.html

If the DNA tests come back that Ariel is not the father but one of his brothers,does this then mean they can be charged with something ?????:stormingmad:

Not sure if this has been posted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-gave-CPR-Amanda-Berrys-baby-save-lives.html

"Dejesus told police that Castro initially approached her with his own daughter, who were friends and attended the same school. Castro later returned without his daughter and told DeJesus that he would give her a ride to his house so they could hang out, the report said."

I would think that police would have questioned Castro's daughter, seeing as how she was the last one who saw Gina. In doing so, I would hope they'd have her recount their entire time together that day. Did she mention.her dad seeing Gina? If so.. did the police speak with Ariel?

So did his daughter witness Ariel talking with Gina the day of the abduction? Why was not the police told then that Ariel saw her the day of abduction?

The way it reads is that Aruel and daughter saw Gina. Gina and daughter were then alone and daughter was last to see her alive. Why did not daughter say, "yeah my dad and me saw her, dad left, then Gina left."

Then Ariel went back without daughters knowledge and got Gina.

Can't remember from past cases but at what point will the arrest warrant be available to the public?

I also wanted to add my thoughts on how 'proud' of himself he seemed that he'd so far gotten away with it. Initiating conversations with people about the girls and if they'll ever be found knowing full well where they were! That just says so much about him IMO. Psychopath or narcissist, I'm not sure, I'm not in a position to diagnose, but holy moly he's got some serious issues going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong