Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/29...-not-to-release-info-outside-chain-of-command
"Mayor Jackson has ordered all public safety department employees to stop releasing information that is not in the required chain of command and he has told Police Chief Mike McGrath and Safety Director Marty Flask to enforce this."

I listened to Mayor Jackson's press conference a few minutes ago. He sounded very unhappy about 'leaks' regarding this case and implied that some of the information has not been true. :moo:

That's not surprising after the article that released yesterday quoting an anonymous police source. You'd think cops would know not to talk to the media in a case like this, without having to be ordered to shut the heck up.

Ashley disappeared in 2007, five years after Michelle was abducted. If Castro was responsible for Ashley's disappearance, he didn't take her to the same house where he was holding the other 3 girls. If media reports are correct, the RIP was there long before Ashley was taken.

Are there any cases where sex offending kidnappers killed some victims while keeping others in confinement?

I posted this in Ashley's thread...

sniped from Article...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-connect-case-article-1.1337974#ixzz2SocoJk4J

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that this creep only tried to harm these three girls. With other missing young women from the exact area, I am baffled that the chief of police so quickly dismissed the possibility.

Yes, of course. I am sure authorities realize that. Especially IF abducted woman was killed-that could move it into a death penalty case.
But no evidence was found so far.
And three women is already hard for one man to control.

Not when they're chained. And who says he kept more women at the home? He could have killed someone soon after kidnapping them, maybe thinking along the lines that he couldn't afford to keep to many slaves alive.

Sylvia Browne had nothing to do with Amanda's mothers death. If you read the original thread for Amanda, you'll see a poster who started 'projectjason' comment on the mother's illness. She died as a result of pancreatitis. She also contracted a very bad bacterial infection. She was very ill.

When a person has no hope in life, it is not hard to succumb to illness that they otherwise may have had the strength to fight. Further, I think some people who lose hope can become ill simply because they lose the will to live.

This poor mother was told by someone I feel is an incredible fraud, that her daughter was dead and that she would only be able to see her in heaven. Two years later, that relatively young woman was dead. She had accepted the pronouncement and was cleaning out her daughter's things. She died never knowing her child was alive. And Amanda has to live knowing how her mother suffered and that she can never hug her mom again.

I think Browne is incredibly negligent in what she does and she preys on those who are weak with grief. I've watched her over the years and I know exactly how she does what she does. It makes me sick.

I'm sure her broken heart didn't help things, though.

I agree, frame of mind and hope have a large bearing on how well a person fights to recover from an illness. No one has ever actually died from a broken heart, although they may lose the emotional will to live.

and that could be the reason why she finally did what she did. They weren't getting food, if he talked to them and told them about the house in foreclosure they would have to wonder what would happen to them then. Maybe he even made threats.

I think she felt she had to do it soon. And probably could hear others out on the street. Knowing help was close, she had to take that chance.

or he started hitting the child. His adult children report that he was abusive toward them.

Are there any cases where sex offending kidnappers killed some victims while keeping others in confinement?

I couldn't say specifically, but I'm sure it's happened, even if the death was accidental. It's just pure luck that Michelle is alive with the way Castro allegedly beat her. Castro all but killed his ex-wife with his rage. It would be sad but not surprising to find that he may have killed another victim who fought to escape him.

He owned other properties, perhaps he was going to move the girls, or maybe he planned to catch up on the tax payments before July. Many people don't pay their tax payments until they absolutely have to.

He did not own other properties. You can go to the Catahounga (sp?) (Cleveland)Fiscal Dept page and look at his property. However, his parents did own the property next door and others in the past.

or he started hitting the child. His adult children report that he was abusive toward them.

In the hospital picture of Amanda, the child, and Amanda's sister, it looks to me like there is bruising on the child's right wrist.

Arlene says she has "never" witnessed any violence in her family's home?????

Really?

For me this casts doubt that she tells the truth about anything. It seems a blatant lie and she should really think if she wants to get caught out lying right now.

I would look at Arlene's age. The mother was divorced around 1997. She took the kids to a domestic abuse shelter prior to the divorce. Maybe she was too young to remember.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...daughters.html

I think he was committing crimes before the relationship with his wife. They need to look really deep into this guys life.

He did not own other properties. You can go to the Catahounga (sp?) (Cleveland)Fiscal Dept page and look at his property. However, his parents did own the property next door and others in the past.

Thank you for clarifying that. It was initially reported that he owned other properties that were being used as rentals.

I would look at Arlene's age. The mother was divorced around 1993. She took the kids to a domestic abuse shelter prior to the divorce. Maybe she was too young to remember.

I think they were separated in 1996 (At least that's what was reported in daily mail).

Has anyone seen this news reporters twitter. he claims that there was another girl there when michelle (the first victim) was kidnapped. then michelle says the girl disappeared from the home. but i cant find any stories on it on their news website

https://twitter.com/ScottTaylor19

Has anyone seen this news reporters twitter. he claims that there was another girl there when michelle (the first victim) was kidnapped. then michelle says the girl disappeared from the home. but i cant find any stories on it on their news website

https://twitter.com/ScottTaylor19

Michelle is rumoured to have said a girl was there when she arrived but then was gone, and/or police found and did not release info that there was writing on the wall saying RIP and a name

There were unconfirmed reports tonight that chains had been found inside the house, that "Rest In Peace" was discovered written on a basement wall alongside another woman's name, and that the captives had become pregnant several times.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...herself-Gina-DeJesus-and-Michelle-Knight.html

According to Fox affiliate WJW-TV in Cleveland, Michelle Knight reportedly told police that another woman was in the home when she got there, but she was suddenly gone one day. The writing on that wall includes the woman’s name, but police have not yet revealed it.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/08...-know-and-5-we-still-dont-know/#ixzz2Sp4RRocs

I can't think of any, but the cases where victims were kept in long term confiment are so few and far in between as it is. Man who kidnapped Shawn Hornbeck was reportedly going to kill him, but Shawn talked him out of it. The ones who keep kidnap victims in long term confinement are obviously not nice people. So anything is possible, IMO. One victim might be coopeartive and thus not killed, while the other might not be so cooperative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member