Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I think it is very rare for anybody to just plead guilty. Lawyers will do anything to convince their clients not to do it.
On TV, perhaps. IRL however, plea bargains are quite common, greater than 90% according to this law professor ( link ). Moreover, both defending and prosecuting attys would rather plea bargain, as, once a case goes in front of a jury, it's anyone's guess (as is evidenced by the seeming slam dunk of the Casey Anthony & OJ Simpson trials). And finally, trials are not only more costly but time consuming, as well. So, if the defendant does choose trial by jury, the case can end up being tried years later. Generally, after the defendant waives their right to a speedy trial.

I just can't see the similarities between the sketch and Castro. To me, the sketch looks like a guy with a long thin face, long thin nose, reasonably large eyes and thin eyebrows. Castro has a round pudgy face, short thick nose and puffy slit eyes. The facial hair is the only similarity I see and ten years ago, probably every second guy was sporting that look. I wouldn't have picked him as being a possible for the sketch at all.

Sketch resembles him. Couple that with the fact that his daughter Arlene was the last known person to see Gina, I am surprised nobody made the connection.

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with Micheal Devlin. That does sound like a case where his lawyers just decided that there was no possible defense, and told him to just plead guilty.

Phillip Garrido's case was a bit more complicated. I believe that was a plea bargain situation.

Anyway I think it is very rare for anybody to just plead guilty. Lawyers will do anything to convince their clients not to do it.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't foresee Castro pleading guilty.

As I recall they found some videos in Devlin case. After that there really was no defense left for him. Also I don't think he wanted his family to know all the things he was doing. We could have the same here. Ariel Castro has a lot of relatives. Lets hope he decides to spare them and just pleads guilty to everything.

No way to know this for sure, but if they had occasional access to tv, they might have seen commercials about the Kardashians, or iPhones, or President Obama.

:)

I don't remember where I saw it, but I recall that they were shown tv programs
about anniversary vigils of their disappearances, people looking for them, etc. I hope that occasionally AC forgot and left the tv on.

I feel like it must be like being comatose. I kind of wonder if AC didn't leave the TV on how they feel about, you know, everything. A LOT happens in a decade...

Clearly you don't follow the Kardashians. They are a loving family (seriously, watch the show) and they do TONS of charity work. Kim and Kanye just announced they are donating ALL baby gifts to a children's hospital in Chicago.

I was not suggesting they do ANYTHING to exploit these girls. I was suggesting contacting them because I am positive they would donate money to help the girls.

I don't represent the Kardashians, but I work with their agent frequently on other projects. I know that they donate millions, and often anonymously. Their main platform is united families - so I'm sure they'd be willing to help.
Your kidding right? LOL. They are media ..... . They do nothing unless it serves them. I wish there whole entire family would go away.

It was on one video interview with either AC's daughter or his son where one of them said that Pedro was drunk most all time. Also, I think it was in one of the more accurate news articles that Pedro was lying drunk in his back yard when he was aprehended. This conflicts with the story that he was in McD with AC when apprehended. I guess it doesn't make much difference in the whole sceme of things. Since we are free to choose what to believe, I choose to believe that these two were given nice clothes and a clean-up to appear on TV in order to try and rectify the wrong that was done by putting up those horrible mugshots and leading the world to believe they were involved in this horror.

No, I do not believe anyone knew what was going on inside that home. It's just too crazy to even begin to believe from someone that everyone thought was just an average likeable guy.

For me personally, I am an extremely curious and suspicious person and I would want to know why doors were locked. When inside doors, like the door to the basement are locked, how can one not think there is something odd.

Pardon me, (pretending to be patient, but very curious) what pictures compared to mug shots? is there a link somewhere?

Thank you.:blushing:

Personally, I'm a little surprised that LE didn't look harder into Michele's disappearance. Her home issues should have raised some red flags. Disappearing right before the court date. Her family didn't bother to look too hard. Personally, I would have found all of this a little too convenient and suspicious.

if any celebrity does anything other then a Secret private meeting, at the request of someone close to the victims or a benefit concert with all proceeds to the girls. They would egotistical, COMPLETELY Classless, Totally inappropriate, and just plain wrong.

if one of the girls had a complete obsession with a celebrity, as alot of teen girls have. I could see a family member or friend reaching out to try and organize something special. Other then that.. classless

Personally, I'm a little surprised that LE didn't look harder into Michele's disappearance. Her home issues should have raised some red flags. Disappearing right before the court date. Her family didn't bother to look too hard. Personally, I would have found all of this a little too convenient and suspicious.

I know it makes me so sad. It's crazy how major things like that can slip between the cracks. That girls is terribly strong to have endured all those years, knowing more than likely her mother was not looking as hard as most would.

When you see those heartbreaking news conferences where the parents give a message to their child: "hang on, I love you I won't stop looking" , I can honestly say I never imagined the missing person would be watching or listening. That @zz would actually allow them to watch their own vigils.

I just can't see the similarities between the sketch and Castro. To me, the sketch looks like a guy with a long thin face, long thin nose, reasonably large eyes and thin eyebrows. Castro has a round pudgy face, short thick nose and puffy slit eyes. The facial hair is the only similarity I see and ten years ago, probably every second guy was sporting that look. I wouldn't have picked him as being a possible for the sketch at all.

Agree. When you compare side by side, somewhat of a resemblance. But yes, its probably similar to lots of guy, in Cleveland and elsewhere.

Sketch resembles him. Couple that with the fact that his daughter Arlene was the last known person to see Gina, I am surprised nobody made the connection.

He may have seen Gina before, but he wasn't that close to his kids, so he may not know her friends. Also, I read somewhere that he thought Gina was older. Now if he knew her a his 14 year old daughters friend, he would have known thar she was 14.

I have looked back through previous pages and just can't find it, but thank you!

I love those wishes!

-someplace like the Greenbrier. (And I think they might all feel more comfortable together.)

http://www.greenbrier.com/Accommodations.aspx

- A spa. With flowers in every room.
- A whirlpool bathtub.
- Pedicures. ---might be too soon for massages.
- A private swimming pool.

And I wish I could afford to pay for it!

if any celebrity does anything other then a Secret private meeting, at the request of someone close to the victims or a benefit concert with all proceeds to the girls.They would egotistical, COMPLETELY Classless, Totally inappropriate, and just plain wrong.

if one of the girls had a complete obsession with a celebrity, as alot of teen girls have. I could see a family member or friend reaching out to try and organize something special. Other then that.. classless

Well the Kardashians are egotistical, classless and inappropriate and people love them any way :)

He may have seen Gina before, but he wasn't that close to his kids, so he may not know her friends. Also, I read somewhere that he thought Gina was older. Now if he knew her a his 14 year old daughters friend, he would have known thar she was 14.
One of his girls chose to live with him after the divorce and he was reported to regularly abduct the girls and have them stay with him. So he was involved with them, he also allegedly had enough influence over them to have them lie in court.
Perhaps his daughter of the same age was more street smart to his abusive ways and Gina was not. That would make her seem younger.

Agree. When you compare side by side, somewhat of a resemblance. But yes, its probably similar to lots of guy, in Cleveland and elsewhere.

I think the sketch looks exactly like him. But I live in Singapore and don't see many (or any) south American men.

While it's not a portriat, it's a good sketch. And they got his facial hair exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle