Amanda Hicks - 26 yo middle school teacher - murder victim in Florida murder suicide 5/26/23 - Port St Lucie - identity of male involved not released

soloud

Reaction score
Hello. I am here to inquire about a recent crime that was committed in the area of south Florida where I am from - a reported murder suicide that occurred on the evening of 5/26 and is now being reported on by national news outlets.

The victim is 26 year old Amanda Hicks of Port St Lucie, Florida. She was a middle school teacher at Anderson Middle School in Stuart, Martin County, Florida. She had a ten month old daughter, Alani.

It has been reported the man involved was the fiance of the female victim, but his identity has not been released. This is a smallish community and I am certain his identity is known by a handful of people who may have personally interacted with him, and I am wondering how it has not yet come out and if there is a specific reason it has not yet been revealed. I can understand pending further investigation - but seems like theres more to it than that. Could be wrong.

Looking for other opinions, more info if possible.

I am surprised to not see any posts on this site about this yet, but I am new here, so maybe I missed something. If there are existing forums about this, please direct me to them.

Police said the investigation so far has revealed that the man tried to call a family member just before midnight Friday. About an hour later, a single gunshot was heard on nearby video surveillance.

The man's family member tried calling back the next morning and then asked the police to do a welfare check. That's when the couple's bodies were found.
[snip]
The couple, who had recently moved to Port St. Lucie, had a 10-month-old child who police found in their crib after being called to the home.

The baby was not hurt and had been in the crib alone for about 11 hours after the killings, according to police.
Martin County teacher killed in Port St. Lucie murder-suicide was stabbed to death, police say

Hicks was a sixth-grade reading teacher at Dr David L Anderson Middle School in Martin County, school officials confirmed.

In a message sent to parents and staff, school principal Darcia Borel said that Hick’s death was a tragedy.

“It is with great sadness that we write to inform you about the tragic passing of one of our teachers, Ms Amanda Hicks,” Ms Borel wrote.

“The Port St Lucie Police Department has confirmed that Ms Hicks was the victim of a homicide. While words will never be enough to convey the shock and sadness this news has brought to our school family, it is more important than ever to come together to support one another through our grief journey.”
Florida teacher found dead in suspected murder-suicide with baby rescued from crib

I have been searching Martin County and St Lucie County for public records involving the victim and I have found a couple of things so I am trying to extract information from those documents but I am running into a number of obstacles. Missing documents and info. Please reach out if you can help with this kind of thing/answer questions.

I haven't found anything on the victim in either county's court records. I don't know what I hoped to find, maybe an old OP or something that might lead me to the perpetrator/fiancé name.

I haven't found anything on the victim in either county's court records. I don't know what I hoped to find, maybe an old OP or something that might lead me to the perpetrator/fiancé name.
Have you happened to try wedding registries/websites? Might find luck that way. I'm working at the moment, so I can't look.

The victim had an encounter with law enforcement in Martin County FL in 2021. I can see details of the encounter on the clerk website, but the actual document files are not accessible at the moment, due to what appears to be a glitch in their server or something. They only return blank PDFs when I try to open.

Have you happened to try wedding registries/websites? Might find luck that way. I'm working at the moment, so I can't look.
Good idea, I will try it- not really convinced a registry or website will exist based on circumstances reported but its a good angle I haven’t tried yet. Thank you.

The victim had an encounter with law enforcement in Martin County FL in 2021. I can see details of the encounter on the clerk website, but the actual document files are not accessible at the moment, due to what appears to be a glitch in their server or something. They only return blank PDFs when I try to open.

Good idea, I will try it- not really convinced a registry or website will exist based on circumstances reported but its a good angle I haven’t tried yet. Thank you.
I'm not a conspiracy person by nature, but this strikes me as really weird. I have to wonder if the perpetrator is related to someone in LE or local government.

I'm curious to the circumstances you mention, thank you for sharing, I am going to try and look up more later.

Per the one article, it seems LE didn't release either of their names. But the school Amanda worked at confirmed her death and that must be how reporters got her name. Odd that they too seem to be unable to dig up this guy's info considering the resources they have.

Last edited:
I'm not a conspiracy person by nature, but this strikes me as really weird. I have to wonder if the perpetrator is related to someone in LE or local government.

I'm curious to the circumstances you mention, thank you for sharing, I am going to try and look up more later.

While I can’t say the server glitch is necessarily indicative of outright conspiracy, I will say that Martin County specifically is a big time Good Ol Boys club. I am in those records often and their server does this semi frequently - so it might just be a coincidence I am unable to pull those open today. Or not. We will find out.

The circumstances I was referring to in my previous comment are that victim deleted social media accounts earlier this year some people have made comments to the press she had been very private and did not share recent developments in her personal life with people she previously would have.

Maybe a delay because LE is having problems notifying perp's next of kin?
Could be. But it feels very strange for that to be the case if they were engaged. She is a local teacher, and the school board released her name as soon as they realized it was her. It seems like perps next of kin would be within reach, but of course that is all speculation and there could be extending circumstances.

While I can’t say the server glitch is necessarily indicative of outright conspiracy, I will say that Martin County specifically is a big time Good Ol Boys club. I am in those records often and their server does this semi frequently - so it might just be a coincidence I am unable to pull those open today. Or not. We will find out.

The circumstances I was referring to in my previous comment are that victim deleted social media accounts earlier this year some people have made comments to the press she had been very private and did not share recent developments in her personal life with people she previously would have.

Could be. But it feels very strange for that to be the case if they were engaged. She is a local teacher, and the school board released her name as soon as they realized it was her. It seems like perps next of kin would be within reach, but of course that is all speculation and there could be extending circumstances.
Thank you for sharing that Soloud! I am very intrigued and going to follow this one more closely.

Per the one article, it seems LE didn't release either of their names. But the school Amanda worked at confirmed her death and that must be how reporters got her name. Odd that they too seem to be unable to dig up this guy's info considering the resources they have.

LE certainly knows the identity of the perp, but has no intention of releasing that info to the public. The fact this is being covered by national news outlets tells me it’s probably going to come out anyways…

“Police said they don't plan on naming either of the parties, but the Martin County School District has identified the female victim as Amanda Hicks, a teacher at Dr. David L. Anderson Middle School, telling Oxygen.com in a statement that she "was tragically killed over the weekend.””

“According to police, no other details about the event are anticipated to be made public.”

Some of those articles show his photo and says that he (the fiancé) is one responsible for her death. I’m sure name will be released pretty quick but it is odd to show his photo and not include the name.

Some of those articles show his photo and says that he (the fiancé) is one responsible for her death. I’m sure name will be released pretty quick but it is odd to show his photo and not include the name.
No, that is her brother. It is unfortunate that has not been made more clear by the media that is publishing that photo.

No, that is her brother. It is unfortunate that has not been made more clear by the media that is publishing that photo.
was just coming to say that, several articles have featured photos of Amanda and her brother (who is devastated) and the public has been assuming that is the fiance. Poor brother, as if his loss wasn't enough.

Which article shows his photo? I've seen a couple articles with her and her brother (thought it was the fiance until I read the caption) but none of THE guy

So if I search public records databases for Amanda, I get an address. If I plug that address into google, I see that the house is owned by a D family with a son, CMD, who is listed as 25 years old. Anyone else coming up with this name elsewhere?

Yeah you are right it does imply that’s the fiancé but it’s the brother. How awful

I discovered a last name and some more information on the perp but still do not have the full identity. What
So if I search public records databases for Amanda, I get an address. If I plug that address into google, I see that the house is owned by a D family with a son, CMD, who is listed as 25 years old. Anyone else coming up with this name elsewhere?

25 is the age listed in one article for the perp, and I found a last name of D*** on social media.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back