Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Discussion in 'Amanda Knox' started by wasnt_me, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

In reading reviews about Knox's book, I get the impression that she did not realize how familiar people are with the facts of the case. I suppose it's possible that she has memory problems (like Arias) ... that fog which, in Knox's case, is blamed on drug abuse.

2. otto

otto Verified Expert

I find it very interesting that Knox claims that she was instantly angry upon learning that Meredith was murdered. She attempts to excuse all of her bad behavior at the police station as a by-product of anger. Apparently, she completely skipped the "shock" stage. In her own words, she understood that Meredith was murdered and that caused her to feel angry. She relies on the words of Mark Geragos in claiming that everyone experiences grief differently. I don't think that eliminating "shock" from the process is possible except when there is no shock.

3. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

I feel as though there is a chance rudy was there after the fact, possibly had an anxiety attack...I mean it's possible? maybe not probable, but I am having post trial amanda issues.

4. Sigh Sister

Sigh Sister Active Member

I read her book. She DOES NOT say that her first reaction was anger. It was, in fact, shock. Relying on reviews which I suspect are from anti-Amanda websites, isn't going to get you the truth.

5. otto

otto Verified Expert

In one of the interviews, she explains that she acted inappropriately at the police station because she was angry. She went direclty from the scene of the crime to the police station so if she was in shock, she got over it very quickly.

6. Malkmus

Malkmus New Member

Being angry about your friend's death is "getting over it very quickly"?

7. Malkmus

Malkmus New Member

I hope everyone actually clicks on these links. Before I did, I thought they seriously had something to do with lies. Rather, one is a comedian making jokes, and the other two are just embarrassing for the person who made them.

8. Malkmus

Malkmus New Member

"Critical details"? I'd really like to know how mentioning seeing the purse (at trial and in her book, looking through the keyhole is in the context of trying to see Meredith whom she didn't see. Hence seeing nothing), seeing/not seeing one of three lawyers, or the degree of the medical check would make or break this case to a jury. If any of these three things mattered she could easily have mentioned them in her book. But they don't matter and she didn't. Of course when the witnesses/police change their stories they're still reliable to you.

9. Malkmus

Malkmus New Member

For someone who reads TJMK and the CNN interview with Mignini, I'm sure you know that in one he cites budgetary issues for not allowing them to tape the interrogation(s), and "agitation" due to having to arrest Lumumba in the other.

You say it was the defense lawyer putting words in his mouth, and Mignini says it was a reporter making it up. Which is it?

10. Malkmus

Malkmus New Member

Initially complying with Rudy still doesn't negate the other fact that you neglected to respond to:

Meredith would also have had a very hard time defending against stabs made while she was on all fours. Furthermore, your supposition that Meredith wouldn't have been too shocked to protect herself reminds me of the recent comments from a US politician who said that the poor man who lost his legs in the Boston bombing not screaming in pain or writhing around means that he was acting and the whole thing was fake. The science demonstrates both of you are wrong about how people behave under moments of excruciating pain.

Please tell me of one example where a woman has stated she carries around a large kitchen knife in her bag for protection.

Exactly. Restraint marks, other people's fingerprints in blood, or luminol footprints found in the murder room would have ruled out a single attacker.

11. Katie-L

Katie-L New Member

Kinda funny you mention that - cause the evidence against Guede is pretty similar in every way to the evidence against Arias.

And - like in the arias case, the roommate was involved in the discovery.

The only difference is - in America with the Arias case - police didn't make up a bunch of weird stories to try and implicate the roommate, and the press didn't decide the roommate was guilty without any evidence. Strange as it might seem to an Italian prosecutor and his investigators - the Americans actually processed the scene, gathered evidence, analysed it, came up with the sole DNA matched suspect and arrested that person (instead of everyone else first).

Interesting differences in methodology - I think.

12. Katie-L

Katie-L New Member

So anyone who attempts to defend themselves must be a cold blooded killer without remorse?????????

13. otto

otto Verified Expert

People go through stages of grief. Anger is not the first, yet Knox claims that her initial abnormal reaction was caused by anger.

14. otto

otto Verified Expert

Andrea Vogt, in the article I quoted, points out several discrepancies between Knox's new-told story and the facts. She identifies several points in Knox's book where Knox changes her story. Another example is where Knox claims that she phoned her mother after she left the cottage and before she arrived at Sollecito's apartment. That didn't happen and Knox should know that because she was questioned about it during trial. She phoned her mother after Sollecito was at the cottage and before the body was discovered. Knox experienced "the fog" regarding the phone call. Knox also phoned Meredith before she phoned Filomina, but again, the fog prevented her from reporting that to Filomina even though the body had not yet been found.

One by one, these discrepancies can be given one excuse or another, similar to what was argued with the trial evidence, but in totality, it becomes another beast altogether.

15. otto

otto Verified Expert

In the Travis Alexander murder, the roommates did not go to police and claim that they witnessed an innocent man or woman commit murder. They told police that they should talk to Arias. That is the critical difference, and the initial point that demonstrated Knox's involvement in the murder.

16. Sigh Sister

Sigh Sister Active Member

The stages of grief are fluid, and everyone experiences it differently. It is not a requirement that one goes through the stages in a linear fashion in order for them to be considered grieving properly.

http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

And again, her first reaction was shock.

17. Katie-L

Katie-L New Member

That wasn't what I referred to in my post.

The similarities have nothing to do with the investigation - but with the scene.

Travis Alexander was found in a locked bedroom, that was sealed after the murder until the discovery. DNA, prints and other integral info was found in blood - matching a single suspect.

Meredith Kercher was found in a locked bedroom, that was sealed after the murder until the discovery. DNA, prints and other integral info was found in blood - matching a single supect.

Those are the similarities. Not more, not less - and certainly NOT the way investigators handled the case.

Make NO mistake - there are absolutely NO similarities in the 2 investigations.

18. otto

otto Verified Expert

I certainly agree that Travis Alexander's murder was similar to that of Meredith Kercher in the single fact that both were found at home and behind a locked door. After that, I think pretty much everything is different. In Meredith's case, we not only have a false allegation against an innocent man (which places the author of that false allegation at the scene), but we have a staged break in. The differences are numerous.

19. otto

otto Verified Expert

I don't exactly believe that Amanda sticking out her tongue, making faces at her boyfriend and sitting on his lap are indicative of anger, but that's Knox's latest "story".

20. sherlockh

sherlockh Active Member

Eyes for Lies is just like Wendy Murphy well respected throughout this forum. Just look at Caysey Anthony, Darlie Routier, and Jodi Arias for example. That you can only resort to bashing these people says it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.