Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#14

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not what they are saying now.

That nothing will be done until the Appeal court makes decision.. Then if they uphold it Amanda and Raphael can appeal again.. There is a long time before all appeals are exhausted before the extradition process or request would be considered.

That is my understanding. Extradition can start now if there's a concern about flight, or a belief that there will be an attempt by Knox to hide.

There has to be grounds for an appeal of this decision. The court found them guilty, they appealed, and they lost. The conviction was upheld. Now it goes to the Supreme Court. The defense may appeal again, but what more is there to appeal? If the court reasoning is sound and logical, there's not much to complain about.

Oh great news! she announced she's a flight risk.

Another appeal. :thud: When does it stop? Do they keep going on?

It's the same thing that happened last time. There's another court that reviews all the info from this trial to be sure everything is in order. Last time, I believe they threw out evidence? or something like that.

Honestly, I didn't follow this case. Just bits and pieces and watching for the verdict today.

Oh, and I have no idea if she/he are guilty or not.:slap:

JMHO
fran

While we wait for the verdict ...

Hypothetical Examples of what "Double Jeopardy" would be :

1. Bringing Casey Anthony back into court for the murder of her daughter Caylee ...

Unfortunately, Casey has been acquitted and cannot be brought back into court again on this particular charge.

2. Bringing OJ Simpson back into court for the murder of Nicole Simpson and Mr. Goldman ...

Unfortunately, OJ has been acquitted and cannot be brought back into court again on these particular charges ...

The verdict we await today is from the SAME trial for both Knox and Sollecito.

:twocents:

Actually, double jeopardy is a very complicated principle. and can't be reduced to such simple statements. Here's a helpful explanation: http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/amdt5afrag2_user.html#amdt5a_hd7

This last "appeal" was actually a retrying of the case.
I think it would be completely ethical for Amanda Knox to avoid extradition. Yet I've always disliked her and suspected her.

I am SO shocked to find so many in agreement with this verdict. It's a travesty and locking people up just to save face isn't justice and won't bring Meredith back.

I agree. Her murderer is in jail. The prosecutor in this case was as crooked as the day is long. And being prosecuted himself.

IT is a travesty. I hope justice will prevail. This is not it.

Did Amanda really write 'my heart in my throat' in reference to waiting for the verdict? Did you really have to choose that word, Knox?

Another appeal. :thud: When does it stop? Do they keep going on?

Yep. This appeal then she can appeal again, And then the court can appeal again. IT is a long insane process. One that is not about justice but just getting people.

Let's all remember the person who has sadly been forgotten in this whole circus, the innocent victim Meredith Kercher.

Actually, double jeopardy is a very complicated principle. and can't be reduced to such simple statements. This last "appeal" was actually a retrying of the case.
I think it would be completely ethical for Amanda Knox to avoid extradition. Yet I've always disliked her and suspected her.

That's not true.
The entire case was not retried. It was not a whole new trial.

I agree. Her murderer is in jail. The prosecutor in this case was as crooked as the day is long. And being prosecuted himself.

IT is a travesty. I hope justice will prevail. This is not it.

Did you read The Butcher of Florence? That really gave some context to this prosecution even though it wasnt about this case.

I have felt from day one that Amanda Knox is guilty of murdering Meredith. I see similarities between Knox, Arias and Anthony. IMO

Let's all remember the person who has sadly been forgotten in this whole circus, the innocent victim Meredith Kercher.

She is not forgotten but this is not justice.

The prosecutor has been convicted of lying and making up the details. He had a dream that AK and RS that they had a sex orgy and did it. He did it in another case.
There is no evidence of this.

There is photos of evidence tampering.

Evidence that was picked up months after the crime that has no provenance.

IT is unbelievable. Not justice.

Bra clasp found 6 weeks after the crime. Who knows where that came from.

This is not justice.

Did you read The Butcher of Florence? That really gave some context to this prosecution even though it wasnt about this case.

I went with the evidence. Knox through her actions caused the death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4