Amy Bradley, 23, Disappeared from cruise ship en route to Curaçao, 24 March 1998 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dO4tyHMxGJ8

IF Amy went overboard, I sure hope she was unconscious.

Video of rescue of one woman and Sarah Kirby video of her bouncing off life boat and found 90 minutes later.

Both ladies fell overboard, one taking selfie and not sure if they said how Sarah fell off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-HYPNOTISED-just-weeks-ill-fated-holiday.html

I believe she was Australian

Warning: distressing photo of her face going underwater right next to the life ring they tossed her. Her body was never found.

She jumped deliberately after hugging her husband. Eyewitnesses were wrong when they said she was throwing up over the balcony. Cameras show she took two steps back and jumped.

Man’s body found: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/18/cruise-ship-dead-body/24967115/

Body not found: http://fox8.com/2018/01/22/woman-mi...rom-carnival-cruise-ship-into-gulf-of-mexico/

Not found: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...ship-new-jersey-search-chopper-479764723.html

Man jumps off at dock:
https://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/805121/cruise-ship-passenger-overboard
“The chances of survival after falling from a cruise ship are tragically low, with an estimated 85 to 90 per cent of cases resulting in death.

Mitigating factors include height of the fall, temperature of the water, weather conditions and the response time of rescue crews.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-HYPNOTISED-just-weeks-ill-fated-holiday.html

I believe she was Australian

Warning: distressing photo of her face going underwater right next to the life ring they tossed her. Her body was never found.

She jumped deliberately after hugging her husband. Eyewitnesses were wrong when they said she was throwing up over the balcony. Cameras show she took two steps back and jumped.

Man’s body found: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/18/cruise-ship-dead-body/24967115/

Body not found: http://fox8.com/2018/01/22/woman-mi...rom-carnival-cruise-ship-into-gulf-of-mexico/

Not found: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...ship-new-jersey-search-chopper-479764723.html

Man jumps off at dock:
https://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/805121/cruise-ship-passenger-overboard
“The chances of survival after falling from a cruise ship are tragically low, with an estimated 85 to 90 per cent of cases resulting in death.

Mitigating factors include height of the fall, temperature of the water, weather conditions and the response time of rescue crews.”

Thanks for finding this info, HiandM! A tough way to go. How awful for those still alive and conscious.

Is it possible in his state of exhaustion and drinking/tipsy/“not hammered” state that Brad left the sliding glass door open 18 inches and simply forgot about it when he passed out on the sofa bed?

Why has the story been that Amy left the door open?

(maybe she did or didn’t but maybe Brad did or didn’t)

I finally unlocked disappeared with my provider password and I transcribed only what the FBI agents said during the program:

FBI Agent Sheridan:

“Many eyewitnesses came forward and recalled seeing Amy with many people including other passengers and crew members.”

“There was a particular crew member she was dancing with. He was a member of the band, Blue Orchid.”

“Folks were vacationing, on cruise, in international waters with different times on wrist.”

“People did come forward seeing her on deck walking around and going into the elevation. All accounts that we truly believe are genuine.”

“For this particular case, because this particular crew was a member of the band and was dancing with Amy he is essentially the last person who could have seen Amy that day.”

“4-7 am we have a gap of time that we just don’t have the answer to. We don’t know what happened.”

“You have a family that went and started a cruise a week ago in a joyous state and now they have to return home without their daughter. “

Agent Bradley Bryant:
“Amy was very outgoing, friendly person. Upbeat personality. Lots of friends, strike up conversation with anyone and she often did.”

Agent Sheridan: “there’s all different scenarios. People of course would say she committed suicide. But when you peel back that onion and you look at the type of person Amy was, this is a individual who wouldn’t commit suicide.”

Agent:
“She was excited about starting a new job with uncle’s business. New apartment, new dog. Everything going good in her life.”

Sheridan: “when you offer that amount (260k reward money) you are trying to glean anything from anybody. Sometimes you get good information and good folks and sometimes you don’t.

Mr Bradley and Brad decide to go back to Curacao to see if they can find leads...”

Sheridan: (regarding a call to Iva that the body of a woman with brown hair was found washed up)
“It’s not all the time you find bodies in the water but in the Caribbean things do happen. They were trying to look to see if that person was Amy and of course it was not”

Sheridan:
“Mr. Carmichael came forward saying he believed he saw Amy on a beach area. Believed it was her. “

“At that point in time what we do, we have our legal attaches in that region, they work tirelessly to see if that information could be valid. Could it be true?”

“We are at I guess you can say at the mercy of their laws and their police departments. And that right there is a huge challenge for us.”

“Unfortunately it revealed negative results and we were not able to corroborate anything.”

(Technical difficulties with watching on ipad)

About brothel sighting:

Sheridan:
At that time, we did try to exploit that, go down to that brothel. The brothel at that point in time had burned down to the ground.”

“You’re not getting down there when that person was seen but at least we are getting information, at least people are calling.”

About photo of jas:
Sheridan:
“It was on an internet site for prostitution down in the Caribbean. There was a female who was pictured who was advertising for goods if you will. “

“The Bradley’s sent the picture to a person who actually works for the FBI
now to do facial comparison.

We did follow that lead the difficult part is back then, information such as that, pictures such as that you cannot tell when they are altered.”

Narrator says lead goes nowhere.

Male Agent: “there are still several possibilities out there about what could have happened to Amy.“

Sheridan:
“Until we find the answer. Until we have someone that comes forward, until we have someone on that ship who comes forward who saw or heard something, we’re going to keep investigating and we’re not going to stop.”

(Amy’s Birthday was Saturday. She would be 44 now)

Clarification that the FBI agents themselves did NOT say the Carmichael sighting was the most credible lead— the narrator said the FBI said that. There is no on camera agent who says that.

I’m just going to have illegally download it aren’t I?

I mean. Not illegally. I mean. Is it on iTunes? I’ll pay for it if I can find it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m just going to have illegally download it aren’t I?

I mean. Not illegally. I mean. Is it on iTunes? I’ll pay for it if I can find it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took about 2 hours for me to watch on iPad. So.many. Commercials.

It restarted a few times back to the beginning. I’m pretty sure I got most of it.

A pet peeve: they show nearly every ship except rhapsody of the seas. They show oasis or the seas balconies— largest class of ship when rhapsody was about smallest class of ship, definitely much smaller than oasis. They even showed a Disney ship.

Ok. I FINALLY watched the Disappeared Episode (legally mind you). I feel like SO MUCH was left out it could have been 3 hours long! Iva Bradley broke my heart into a million pieces. I get the sense the FBI Agent thinks she went over board into the Ocean. Hearing her family explain that day in Curacao when she went missing was heart breaking.

Ok. I FINALLY watched the Disappeared Episode (legally mind you). I feel like SO MUCH was left out it could have been 3 hours long! Iva Bradley broke my heart into a million pieces. I get the sense the FBI Agent thinks she went over board into the Ocean. Hearing her family explain that day in Curacao when she went missing was heart breaking.

I know. Any missing person case breaks your heart, but when a family seems so close knit (and on vacation for goodness' sake) it's even more heartbreaking.

This happened with the Vanished show, too - there wasn't enough time for all of Amy's case details. My fear is it's going to leave out a piece of crucial info that will stand out to someone who could have the key to her case!

On the FBI agent, though, I thought she seemed to think some sightings were credible - otherwise she wouldn't have talked about them, no?

Even if it's proven Amy did go overboard (I personally don't think she did) I do not think the Bradleys will ever accept this. I cannot imagine living with this kind of pain.

I know. Any missing person case breaks your heart, but when a family seems so close knit (and on vacation for goodness' sake) it's even more heartbreaking.

This happened with the Vanished show, too - there wasn't enough time for all of Amy's case details. My fear is it's going to leave out a piece of crucial info that will stand out to someone who could have the key to her case!

On the FBI agent, though, I thought she seemed to think some sightings were credible - otherwise she wouldn't have talked about them, no?

Even if it's proven Amy did go overboard (I personally don't think she did) I do not think the Bradleys will ever accept this. I cannot imagine living with this kind of pain.

I think the FBI agent is open to any and all possibilities, leads, and reasonable scenarios, as she should be. I got the feeling that she will follow the evidence wherever it leads.

IF Amy went overboard and her body was recovered or if credible (key word) evidence was brought to the FBI that Amy went overboard, even if they were unable to recover her after 20 years, I would hope that Amy's family would find a way to accept the news. Any concrete answer from the FBI would be an answer, whether Amy is alive or not. As things stand now, and have for 20 years, the family lives in limbo. That is something I cannot imagine. I honestly think it would be more painful not to have an answer than to know that a loved one was deceased, and believe me, I know how painful it is to know a loved one is deceased.

I think Amy's family needs answers. Of course they hope Amy is alive. We all hope that. But if she isn't, for any reason, they need to know that as well. IMO

I don’t believe a person who went overboard in 1998 could be recovered at this point. I don't believe the FBI would have created age progression photos (20 years later) nor would they have used the word “recovery” on the new poster if they thought Amy went overboard. I don’t believe Amy’s mother would have recently stated islands and regions of South/Central America are being targeted if Amy went overboard. Amy didn’t go overboard.

From the latest FBI Missing Person’s Poster...

REWARD

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the recovery of Amy Lynn Bradley and information that leads to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible for her disappearance.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amy-lynn-bradley/download.pdf

Attachments

• 8D959420-706F-4A9B-8BFF-F2D414FC80D1.jpg
    8D959420-706F-4A9B-8BFF-F2D414FC80D1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 24
There is no link to Amy’s mother supposedly stating they are searching the islands. I suspect someone made that up as there is no proof.

I don’t believe a person who went overboard in 1998 could be recovered at this point. I don't believe the FBI would have created age progression photos (20 years later) nor would they have used the word “recovery” on the new poster if they thought Amy went overboard. I don’t believe Amy’s mother would have recently stated islands and regions of South/Central America are being targeted if Amy went overboard. Amy didn’t go overboard.

REWARD

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the recovery of Amy Lynn Bradley and information that leads to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible for her disappearance.

I didn't catch that they used the word "recovery" on the poster. That's interesting because in missing people cases, search and rescue groups typically use the word "rescue" when they believe they can find the missing person alive and they switch to using the word "recovery" when they believe the person is likely deceased.

But I'm not going to read too much into that one word on a poster. The word "recovery" can certainly mean dead or alive.

I'm not claiming to know with certainty whether Amy is dead or alive. I do think someone knows either way and I hope we will learn the answer one day.

I think the FBI agent has a pretty good idea of exactly what happened to Amy. And it has nothing to do with going overboard.
Proving what happened is the issue. They know what happened and who is responsible. JMO

Reactions: IDK
I didn't catch that they used the word "recovery" on the poster. That's interesting because in missing people cases, search and rescue groups typically use the word "rescue" when they believe they can find the missing person alive and they switch to using the word "recovery" when they believe the person is likely deceased.

But I'm not going to read too much into that one word on a poster. The word "recovery" can certainly mean dead or alive.

I'm not claiming to know with certainty whether Amy is dead or alive. I do think someone knows either way and I hope we will learn the answer one day.

Yes, well on disappeared and in the podcast, the agent says point blank “we have no idea what happened to Amy” so I guess they have to (are required to) be open to all possibilities, as they should be.

I also wouldn’t put too much into one word, but you are right, it is usually either rescue (alive) or recovery (deceased)..

One of the points I was making was they can’t “recover” Amy if she went overboard in 1998 as some here believe.

Like you, I believe someone knows what happened and Erin Sheridan seems determined to find out. The islands and Central/South America are the targeted areas according to Amy’s mother. IMO, there is info. I pray this family gets some answers and closure.

REWARD

I agree, does anyone know of any incidents involving someone falling overboard off a cruise ship in which the FBI has been involved in the investigation? Not just initially, but an ongoing active investigation for the past twenty years? All one has to do is peruse their Kidnapped and Missing Persons page to see that none of their cases involve cruise ship passengers who they believe got drunk and woozy and fell overboard.

I also find it interesting that for a period of time, Amy wasn’t listed on the FBI missing persons page. But she reappeared and is there now. And then there was the arrest of AC and JC. Very interesting indeed, and now we see a renewed effort in the FBI investigation.

I think the FBI agent has a pretty good idea of exactly what happened to Amy. And it has nothing to do with going overboard.
Proving what happened is the issue. They know what happened and who is responsible. JMO

I agree, I think they know much more than they’re saying as well. And whatever they know they’re certainly not going to reveal it to us in a television documentary.

Question for you all on the taxi cab driver sighting (he claims Amy came up to him frantic and asked him where the nearest phone was).

Some websites/shows have said this happened in San Juan, Puerto Rico, which I believe is where the cruise started and ended. If this is correct, to me it means Amy was held on the ship until the cruise was done.

But, I could have sworn on both Vanished and Disappeared, this sighting was said to happen in Curacao. If this is correct, to me it means Amy was smuggled off the ship the morning it docked in Curacao.

Does anyone know which one it is?

Why didn't Amy tell the cabbie her name and jump in his cab? Cabs also have radios to talk to dispatch and he could have called it in asking for police.

When I was abducted and escaped, the first thing I did was use the nearest phone inside the apartment I was held in and I didn't know where I was, so I got lucky and remembered the phone number and my friend had a pretty good feeling where this guys apartment was, then I ran like hell and didn't look back just knowing that Glock 9 was aimed my way.

ETA
I knew where I was, I didn't know the apartment name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown