And the winner of the slowest fast food restaurant is...

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Steely Dan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Burger King Officially Has the Slowest Drive-Thru in Fast Food
    By Josh Sanburn | @joshsanburn | October 8, 2012

...According to a study commissioned by QSR magazine (that’s short-hand for “quick-service restaurants,” by the way), it takes 201.33 seconds – about 3 minutes 20 seconds – on average to get through a Burger King drive-thru. That might not seem like much. But it’s a near-eternity compared to Wendy’s, a perennial winner in QSR’s survey, which gets people in and out of the drive-thru in 129.75 seconds on average, more than a full minute faster....

Read more: http://moneyland.time.com/2012/10/0...lowest-drive-thru-in-fast-food/#ixzz28mEj6Vd3

2. Loading...

3. Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Dewey2Me1MoThyme Have clue will sleuth!

Maybe they could train their staff with the aid of a Nascar pit crew

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

They need to stop cooking those hamburger patties.

5. MissJames

MissJames a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

They need a survey on how often the "quick service" restaurants get the order right or leave something out .

6. SwampMama

SwampMama Insomniac Extraordinaire

Most of the fast food restaurants use a little cheat to shorten those times. Ever had them tell you to pull forward after you pay and they will bring the food to you? Well they want you to move your car because their "timer" considers your order completed when you pull forward.

Popeye's does this too me all the time. They ask me to pull forward and park by the curb, even when there is NO-ONE in line behind me. Just another little trick they use to act like they are giving speedy service when in actuality you could be waiting 10 minutes for your food (and I have).

7. DairyGirl

DairyGirl New Member

I didn't know this. It makes sense. Burger King always has us move forward. BTW I don't eat fast food any more but my kid is a junkie so I still spend way too much time in the lines. I don't know how they don't mention Taco Bell, though. I rarely go through there because the line is always long, especially late at night. It seems that Taco Bell is the food of choice for the party scene.

8. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

If you read the OP article that information is in there too.

9. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

Whataburger is known for it's slow service.....but it's part of the draw to their chain. They don't cook your order until you order it. I'd much rather wait for fresh food. :)

10. Gypsy Road

Gypsy Road New Member

Can I just say that in my opinion that POPEYES is the WORST for getting your order correct. It's Wrong. Every. Single. Time. Last time I ordered red beans and rice and all I got was bag full of biscuits and a huge stack of napkins. Huge stack. Our Popeyes needs HELP!

11. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

Such a pesky, time consuming process!

12. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

You know, I've always ordered something "special" with my food, like "no sauce" or whatever. That way, I know it's a fresh make, rather than something that's been made long before I even decided to go get a burger.

I don't do much fast food, but I'm fine with waiting for three minutes for Burger King. I am sure I'd eat more BK if it were closer to me. Same thing with Wendy's. Love both of those places, and occasionally get a craving for Mickie D.

And yes, Taco Bell is the favorite place for party folks...there's one near me, and it always has a line. Always.

Best-
    Herding Cats

13. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Another trick is to tell them that something you don't want on a burger is because you're allergic to them. That usually gets their attention.

14. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

oooooh, I always wondered why they ask me to pull forward when no one is behind me (& it irritates me!)