Ann Rule

TopGunner

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I was just over at her site and thought some of you might be interested in her take on Karr thus far:

>>The more I see of Karr, the more I think he is obsessed with being infamous, a compulsive confessor--but not who he says he is. I'm truly outraged that he flew first class back to America and actually drank champagne! There's something wrong with this picture!

As for opinions on the Ramseys, possible killers, others involved, and what really happened, I know most of us need to talk about it. I've told you that at first I thought Jon Benet's father killed her after some time molesting her,and that her mother helped cover it up because she could not give up her lifestyle. The Ramsey's refusal to cooperate with the police only served to solidify that opinion for me. I was concerned that Jon Benet's bedroom was so far from her parents' and wondered why she would be so far away that they probably could not have heard her if she was scared or sick in the night. And I don't approve of mothers who appear to live out their own ambitions by pushing little girls into looking like grown-up sex objects. It seems so alien to me, but evidently Patsy was raised that way, too. So maybe she didn't see pageants as abnormal. Now, I'm not so likely to view the Ramseys as guilty. Not at all.If they made a mistake putting that little girl on display for perverts, they have paid dearly for it. But I'm not convinced that Karr made his way from his home in the South all the way to Boulder on Christmas to kill Jon Benet. As I've said, I have always suspected the late "Santa Claus" who was so close to the family--and Jon Benet--in Boulder. And one of my FBI friends has suspected that the Ramseys were both involved with other people and that there was a fight in the house that night and that Jon Benet got in the way and was accidentally killed.<<

TopGunner said:
I was just over at her site and thought some of you might be interested in her take on Karr thus far:

>>The more I see of Karr, the more I think he is obsessed with being infamous, a compulsive confessor--but not who he says he is. I'm truly outraged that he flew first class back to America and actually drank champagne! There's something wrong with this picture!

As for opinions on the Ramseys, possible killers, others involved, and what really happened, I know most of us need to talk about it. I've told you that at first I thought Jon Benet's father killed her after some time molesting her,and that her mother helped cover it up because she could not give up her lifestyle. The Ramsey's refusal to cooperate with the police only served to solidify that opinion for me. I was concerned that Jon Benet's bedroom was so far from her parents' and wondered why she would be so far away that they probably could not have heard her if she was scared or sick in the night. And I don't approve of mothers who appear to live out their own ambitions by pushing little girls into looking like grown-up sex objects. It seems so alien to me, but evidently Patsy was raised that way, too. So maybe she didn't see pageants as abnormal. Now, I'm not so likely to view the Ramseys as guilty. Not at all.If they made a mistake putting that little girl on display for perverts, they have paid dearly for it. But I'm not convinced that Karr made his way from his home in the South all the way to Boulder on Christmas to kill Jon Benet. As I've said, I have always suspected the late "Santa Claus" who was so close to the family--and Jon Benet--in Boulder. And one of my FBI friends has suspected that the Ramseys were both involved with other people and that there was a fight in the house that night and that Jon Benet got in the way and was accidentally killed.<<
Thanks! Interesting!!

Both the Ramsey's were having affairs? Is this what she meant?

TopGunner said:

I love Ann Rule, Its interesting what she thinks. I too wondered how their rooms could be so far away. DH and I need to have ours close. I dont want to "not" hear anything my child needs at night. Especially since we hear of all the creeps taking kids at night out of their beds.

justice2 said:
Both the Ramsey's were having affairs? Is this what she meant?
Yes, I think she's just repeating what her detective friend thinks. I think that would have come out by now, no?

michelle said:
I love Ann Rule, Its interesting what she thinks. I too wondered how their rooms could be so far away. DH and I need to have ours close. I dont want to "not" hear anything my child needs at night. Especially since we hear of all the creeps taking kids at night out of their beds.
I noticed the distance when A &E did the walk -thru and thought the same thing - long way for a child at night -- we always kept the youngest closest - but our house was a shoebox compared to the Ramseys!

TopGunner,thanks for posting the latest by Ann Rule--I think I've read more than a dozen books by her--they were all great,especially the book on Diane Downs-

TopGunner said:

Thank TopGunner for bringing Ann's post here. :) I think I have all of her books, with the exception of two :)

I think Ann's last sentence is interesting! Ramseys involved with other people! WOW that is a new theory! For me anyway.

That might make a lot of sense when recalling, something Patsy was to have said, reported by Pam Griffin something along this line--"We didn't mean for that to happen"!

And:

John reportedly said, the same night at the Fernie's house, to his friends over and over "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

I wonder what that was all about

Very strange things to have been said.

TopGunner said:

Thanks TopGunner. It was interesting to read her views. I love Ann Rule and have read most of her books.

I find it hard to believe that Patsy would be having an affair. It seems like having cancer and trying to fight would take up most of her spare time and would certainly bring a new perspective to her life, a perspective that wouldn't include having an affair. BTW, I am on the fence re: whether or not the Ramsey's were involved with their daughter's death. Everything about this case is so mysterious and unclear.

I think this guy is a fame seeker..and its [athetic that he is allowed to do it-its a further embarrassment to the Boulder LE field-I dont believe they have a damn thing but his rantings.
I would lock him up and throw away the key for cruelty-there aught to be a law against that level of cruelty to a nation

newtv said:
I think this guy is a fame seeker..and its [athetic that he is allowed to do it-its a further embarrassment to the Boulder LE field-I dont believe they have a damn thing but his rantings.
I would lock him up and throw away the key for cruelty-there aught to be a law against that level of cruelty to a nation

I agree, with the exception of the 'fame seeker'.

I'm not sure he intended to be a 'fame seeker'. From what I have witnessed, he has appeared scared. I have noticed several time, he looks to be holding back tears, rapidly blinking his eyes, especially the shots taken on the plane. He could feel like the world is falling down upon )it is) him totally shocked, not expecting what has happened. I don't think he expected this to happen from his contact with Tracey either. Maybe he has lost all reality too! LOL he has me bonkers!

I want this over with!

LaMer said:
I agree, with the exception of the 'fame seeker'.

I'm not sure he intended to be a 'fame seeker'. From what I have witnessed, he has appeared scared. I have noticed several time, he looks to be holding back tears, rapidly blinking his eyes, especially the shots taken on the plane. He could feel like the world is falling down upon )it is) him totally shocked, not expecting what has happened. I don't think he expected this to happen from his contact with Tracey either. Maybe he has lost all reality too! LOL he has me bonkers!

I want this over with!
fame might be the wrong word-but he is not minding the attention but that doesnt mean he isnt scared-I just dont see it- I think he is upset that his portrayal of self is being made fun of as opposed to being taken as he wants it to be-thats what i see-
and i dont believe he has a clue about who killed her-he cant be all there to be making up such stuff - its not the sign of a normal mind.

newtv said:
fame might be the wrong word-but he is not minding the attention but that doesnt mean he isnt scared-I just dont see it- I think he is upset that his portrayal of self is being made fun of as opposed to being taken as he wants it to be-thats what i see-
and i dont believe he has a clue about who killed her-he cant be all there to be making up such stuff - its not the sign of a normal mind.

You may be right, in this isn't how he wanted it to be. Maybe he wanted to live his life as he was leading his life. Alone and quiet. and- Toying with Tracey--ah that's a neat phrase. Everything was in his mind. and-- If he was planning on having a sex change, he would then be a she, closer to little girls!

LaMer said:
You may be right, in this isn't how he wanted it to be. Maybe he wanted to live his life as he was leading his life. Alone and quiet. and- Toying with Tracey--ah that's a neat phrase. Everything was in his mind. and-- If he was planning on having a sex change, he would then be a she, closer to little girls!
you have alot more faith than i do in this guy-he deserves to be locked up for his perversions-but I dont think he did this-and I hope it dies a quick death so he doesnt get anymore attention.

blonde1 said:
I noticed the distance when A &E did the walk -thru and thought the same thing - long way for a child at night -- we always kept the youngest closest - but our house was a shoebox compared to the Ramseys!
May have been a 'shoebox' but at least your bunnies were 'safe' and you cared enough to keep them safe. My kids are near me at night because I want to hear them if they cry or need me. There is no way I would put them on another level on their own. But I used to clean homes and a lot of parents with upstairs seem to put the kids on a floor on their own. Poor Jon Benet did not stand a chance.

I agree with Anne Rule. I've really always suspected the late Santa Claus.

The seat is getting hard on this fence, but I don't believe Karr is the guy. I do think, however, that he really believes he did it. And, if he believes he did it, he probably believes he should be punished for it. Strange how people confess to crimes they did not commit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back