Anne Heche - 53 - dies after fiery car crash in Los Angeles August 5 2022

This is true class from someone who has lost so much but still found the decency to comment compassionately and with respect. I’m so glad the crowdfunding will give her a shot at building a new life, although it can’t give her back the precious items she’s lost. Thankfully she and her doggos are safe and well.

and her turtle is safe too!!!!

Off life support because organ recipients found

Looks like several organs will be donated. I wonder which they are, and if they'll ever say in MSM? I was thinking there might not be any that didn't sustain some sort of injury. Very cool. :)

What I didn't realize is they take them after the person is taken off of life support. I'd have thought it would be the other way around but what do I know? Apparently nothing on this topic! :p

"Anne will be taken off life support early Sunday afternoon ... after which the procedure will begin."

Same source as the above post: Anne Heche Organ Donor Found, To Be Taken Off Life Support

Anne Heche will be taken off of life support Sunday afternoon, a spokesperson for the actor told NBC News.

Organ recipients have been identified and surgeons are ready to perform the implants once Heche has been taken off life support, the spokesperson said...

Rest in peace, Anne, and thank you for being an organ donor.

Looks like several organs will be donated. I wonder which they are, and if they'll ever say in MSM? I was thinking there might not be any that didn't sustain some sort of injury. Very cool. :)

What I didn't realize is they take them after the person is taken off of life support. I'd have thought it would be the other way around but what do I know? Apparently nothing on this topic! :p

"Anne will be taken off life support early Sunday afternoon ... after which the procedure will begin."

Same source as the above post: Anne Heche Organ Donor Found, To Be Taken Off Life Support
I find this media circus about harvestig AH's organs macabre.

The public should be notified with a laconic statement by a family after the funeral.

I cannot see any dignity for a dying person.

MOO

Last edited:
Not really, unfortunately. It could have been for an internal injury or bleeding. Without an exhaustive list of her injuries, it's impossible to say. I do wonder if maybe it was when she was on the operating table that she may have coded and suffered the anoxic brain injury. Just speculation on my part. Surgery after such trauma is very difficult due to what we call hemodynamics (blood, circulation, vitals). Lots to consider.
Looking at the video of her on the gurney, her legs looked mangled. Leg injuries are common in front-end impacts at high speed. I wonder if she had fractures that needed to be attended to.

The public should be notified with a laconic statement by a family after the funeral.

MOO
I do, too. That's why I asked questions that prompted this whole is brain death the time of death discussion. Which I found very educational, btw, thanks to everyone discussing.

But she wasn't, and I don't understand your need to throw shade at the dead here? Particularly inclusive shade, as if you're speaking on behalf of others?

Lynne Mishele is so admirable. Despite the dreadful trauma and loss she's experienced, her natural instinct was still to empathise with and express condolences and compassion for a life lost in such grim circumstances and for those Anne Heche has left behind.

She is grace under pressure personified. <3

Take a leaf out of her good book, maybe?
In all due respect, we can look at facts without romanticizing them. Anne certainly died in a gruesome way, of her own doing unfortunately. JMO

MOO
I don't find it macabre at all. IMO. And maybe the awareness brought will encourage others to donate as well. My husband went from needing a liver, he coded before he could receive one, to being a donor. I have experience both sides of the coin. It is a very dignifying and giving thing. All moo.

I don't find it macabre at all. IMO. And maybe the awareness brought will encourage others to donate as well. My husband went from needing a liver, he coded before he could receive one, to being a donor. I have experience both sides of the coin. It is a very dignifying and giving thing. All moo.
I understand the necessity of organ donating.

But it should be done respectfully and not under the microsope of tabloids.

Where a human body is treated as an object, a reservoir of spare parts, with public discussing which part is good and which isn't.

Discretion is a virtue.

Especially with a dying person.

MOO

I am so very sorry for your loss SuziQ, but I think having detailed info of people's organ donation in the media, unless consented to, and it may have been, is just wrong. Her wish to be an organ donor should be public, and promote awareness and hopefully encourage others doing the same, I believe in opt out policies, but only her family should know any details. Jmo.

MOO

Transplant recipients deserve privacy and dignity and I fear that tabloids will work hard to track them down and disclose as much information as possible.

I am so very sorry for your loss SuziQ, but I think having detailed info of people's organ donation in the media, unless consented to, and it may have been, is just wrong. Her wish to be an organ donor should be public, and promote awareness and hopefully encourage others doing the same, I believe in opt out policies, but only her family should know any details. Jmo.
Sorry to repond to myself, but this media frenzy about donation details, with what I believe is private, may also discourage other people from organ donation. Jmo

Last edited:
Sorry to repond to myself, but this media frenzy with what I believe is private, may also discourage other people from organ donation. Jmo

Most people would never experience the media circus and intrusion that this has generated. In any organ donation or transplant that I've ever known, it's quiet, respectful and of absolutely no interest to the tabloids.

Most people would never experience the media circus and intrusion that this has generated. In any organ donation or transplant that I've ever known, it's quiet, respectful and of absolutely no interest to the tabloids.
That's my feeling about it. No one is going to care if I've passed and donating my organs. And it's not just the tabloids that are talking about this, it's non-tabloid ME as well. But for the non-celebs? Our organ donations aren't of any interest. It'll be like the OP and others have posted... quiet, respectful, and with dignity to the donor and their families. :) Not to mention appreciated by them, the donees, and the donees loved ones. It's a good thing and the generous donation saves lives.

And I'm not sure that the media would even care about other celebrities that have passed and donated their organs. This event has been a media circus since the beginning and is due to what transpired once she left the hair salon. It's my belief Anne's organ donations are only getting plastered everywhere because of how things went down. MOO

I agree. However plenty of people are celebs, or known in media people, and actually land in the media, ie defense attorneys, lawyers, doctors, prosecutors, experts, witnesses, parties, their family members, colleagues, neighbors and friends etc, that we all know about and sleuth, or people not in the media and frankly concerned about their and their family's and donation recipients privacy. Jmo would not change my mind but might for some.

Last edited:
That's my feeling about it. No one is going to care if I've passed and donating my organs. And it's not just the tabloids that are talking about this, it's non-tabloid ME as well. But for the non-celebs? Our organ donations aren't of any interest. It'll be like the OP and others have posted... quiet, respectful, and with dignity to the donor and their families. :) Not to mention appreciated by them, the donees, and the donees loved ones. It's a good thing and the generous donation saves lives.

And I'm not sure that the media would even care about other celebrities that have passed and donated their organs. This event has been a media circus since the beginning and is due to what transpired once she left the hair salon. It's my belief Anne's organ donations are only getting plastered everywhere because of how things went down. MOO
I totally agree "It's a good thing and the generous donation saves lives."

In all due respect, we can look at facts without romanticizing them. Anne certainly died in a gruesome way, of her own doing unfortunately. JMO
The royal we, meaning society. Not being an unsmart person, Heche knew she had the potential to murder people with her irresponsible actions. It’s a miracle no one else was killed. Otherwise this would be murder suicide and she’d be the murderer. (unless there was some catastrophic failure of the car, but I have not heard that). Heche had both a beautiful and tragic life, but no sympathy from me. No need to romanticize her. I know friends and family killed by drunk or irresponsible drivers. Almost me myself. She was no different than the lot. She could have killed herself in a more responsible manner without endangering anyone, if that was her intent. Otherwise, she could have chosen not to drive, if she was impaired.

No shortage of "shade" to be thrown (per our friend Anxala) upon Heche and all impaired drivers that kill 32 people every single day in the United States. Families, too often destroyed.

Last edited:
The family one of the victims of the Humboldt bus accident used public interest in the accident to publicize the need for organ donors by noting his passing and offering the number of lives who would receive his organs.

Several months later, they established a foundation to create awareness for organ donation. It seems so much classier than tabloids camped in the hospital lobby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back