Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

Anne Heche "drank vodka" with "wine chasers" during a "Better Together" podcast recording with co-host Heather Duffy, which was posted hours before the fiery collision Heche reportedly caused on Friday when she crashed her Mini Cooper into a home in Mar Vista, California. The Apple podcast was published on Friday and then removed from the platform. It's unclear when the episode was taped.

Bolded by me.

I believe it was mentioned earlier that the podcast had been prerecorded and had been teased prior to it being published.

ETA, it certainly does speak to an unhealthy relationship with alcohol but that seems to be fairly common with certain mental health issues.

No judgement just sadness

No judgment nor even just this situation. A woman I knew well died of alcoholism as 42. She had been sober for 10 years, then her friend visited her with a bottle of wine…she never stopped since then.

Maybe if we know that someone is an alcoholic, we should not serve drinks to these people at, essentially, work? And don’t send gifts of alcohol to them? It is an illness.

Sorry if this video was already posted. I hadn't seen the part where EMS wheels Anne out on the stretcher. The reporter assumed the driver has passed almost flips when when she sits up. Keep sound on and start video at the 18:00 mark. Watch a couple of minutes. It's so bizarre.

Watching it now. Thanks. It's weird to listen to because the helicopter reporter has no clue, by the sounds of it, who the driver is.

Sorry if this video was already posted. I hadn't seen the part where EMS wheels Anne out on the stretcher. The reporter assumed the driver has passed almost flips when when she sits up. Keep sound on and start video at the 18:00 mark. Watch a couple of minutes. It's so bizarre.

I watched it. Perhaps she was all covered up to protect her skin from the air. Or to shield her from the over head chopper/drone filming her. I wonder if she sat up to uncover & grab at her legs. To see what happened to her lower body.
I feel so sad watching it.
God speed her recovery & the lady residing in the house, her neighbors & emergency & LE team. So life changing for everyone.

MOO

Thank you for posting this.

Very traumatizing suddenly have your home battered and erupt into flames, losing your possessions and your livelihood

Even worse when it is someone's negligence.

I think it would be absolutely horrible and while I suspect she will be assigned fault for the crash at some point, I still think there needs to be a complete investigation before we assume guilt.

I would certainly like to know if she's consumed drugs or alcohol, which needs to be legally proven but her car also needs to be inspected to rule out mechanical issues.

I think it would be absolutely horrible and while I suspect she will be assigned fault for the crash at some point, I still think there needs to be a complete investigation before we assume guilt.

I would certainly like to know if she's consumed drugs or alcohol, which needs to be legally proven but her car also needs to be inspected to rule out mechanical issues.
What's disturbing is that she was speeding up and down another residential street in Venice, on the Friday prior to this crash.

"According to the person who caught the footage on video, this had been the third time she circled back around the same street (Cabrillo Avenue.) She was "going up and down and back and forth, driving wildly in each instance," says the eyewitness."

Video here: Anne Heche Video Shows Speeding on Another Street, Podcast Suggests Drinking

Whatever Anne's situation past/present/future, this is horrible for her and her children, and all who love and care about her. And for the woman who called this house home, thank goodness she and her beloved pets were rescued alive though they are surely not unharmed. Bless the first responders and Godspeed to all involved in this unspeakable tragedy. MOO

What's disturbing is that she was speeding up and down another residential street in Venice, on the Friday prior to this crash.

"According to the person who caught the footage on video, this had been the third time she circled back around the same street (Cabrillo Avenue.) She was "going up and down and back and forth, driving wildly in each instance," says the eyewitness."

Video here: Anne Heche Video Shows Speeding on Another Street, Podcast Suggests Drinking

Does Heche have some connection to this neighborhood?

No judgement just sadness

"Anne recounts how she'd had a tough week, explaining people had interrupted her meditating at her apartment building -- the same Johnny Depp and Amber Heard stayed at in DTLA. Again, we're not sure when this was recorded ... but it was posted Friday, the day Anne crashed," TMZ reported. "It looks like Anne and Heather usually film their podcasts as well, but there's no visual treatment for this latest episode -- only audio. There are older videos of their stuff, though."

TMZ: Anne Heche's podcast suggests she'd been drinking before crash resulting in severe burns

That would be the Eastern Columbia Building where Anne H lived, right? The home she crashed into is about 15 miles away.

The video podcast has been deleted.

Are these streets near her residence? Why would she frequent the area and repeatedly drive up and down these streets? I'm confused.

It’s interesting to me that many people want to “hold off judgment” on AH until we find out if it could’ve been a health condition/mechanical issue…

….yet with the speeding driver car accident in LA that killed six people, people are instantly condemning/crucifying that driver without demanding the same information.

One was a celebrity, the other one not….one killed others, the other one very easily could have….

Just interesting to see how people react so differently - and they say it’s because AH had a bad past, which I totally understand and am glad to see compassion for her, but how many other crimes have been committed by people who have traumatic pasts, or are addicts due to their past, and they get zero sympathy whatsoever…?

Hmm.

Anyways…I’m glad the homeowner and her pets are ok. I truly do hope AH recovers and gets the help she needs, as well. Just venting my observation/thoughts.

All JMO.

Does Heche have some connection to this neighborhood?
Possibly. Mar Vista and Venice are fairly close together, in the West LA area. Trendy areas.

I do know that she lived in Hancock Park, another area, but that was with her ex husband. That home was put up for sale at some point.
I have no idea where she lives now, though it was mentioned somewhere that she lives in the same building as Johnny Depp did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong