Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been suicidal so I certainly can't offer anything more than conversations I've had with a family member in LE. He has seen many auto accidents that they believe are suicides and the only conclusion he has ever offered is that suicide voids life insurance policies and suicide by auto is hard to prove so there is usually an insurance payout.

I live in a farming community and seen some neighours pick some horrible ways to commit suicide in order to ensure there was an insurance payout.
That is certainly believable. I can see family members not wanting to void a policy but what a horrible way to go. I have no death wish but I don't think I could take a chance on wrecking a car with no guarantee on completing my intent and potentially making the situation far worse physically and mentally.

DBM

Last edited:
Thank you for saying this! I was afraid I would get attacked, but I can't help but notice the difference in empathy for AH in comparison to the woman who killed people in Los Angeles that same day. Granted AH didn't kill anyone, BUT the details of both accidents are quite similar, AH just got lucky. This could have easily gone the same way.
I can almost guarantee that if she had killed six people, she'd be treated the same - maybe worse. Having said that, AH definitely COULD have killed people. Like you said, she got lucky.

I can't read the article. Was this hit and run the same day or another time? I am wondering if this has been normal driving behavior of hers.
She hit a Jaguar after she raced out of the alleyway and after she crashed into that garage. Driver of the Jaguar was unhurt luckily.
Maybe that's the hit and run part.

I can almost guarantee that if she had killed six people, she'd be treated the same - maybe worse. Having said that, AH definitely COULD have killed people. Like you said, she got lucky.
It was very fortunate that she didn't kill anyone....she was racing up and down a street in Venice earlier that morning too, and who knows where in between Venice and Mar Vista.
Maybe they've even found more video.

I was responding to the comment that she was driving a specific speed. Things seem bad enough already without citing information that has not been released pending a full investigation.

I don't put a lot of stock in a "full investigation" - which may very well be biased on the side of AH. The point is, she was driving extremely fast & drove all the way through the house, almost coming out at the other side. Again, if someone had been driving at a normal rate of speed for the residential street, somehow lost control, and hit the house, their car may not have even penetrated the home/gone through the wall. So, obviously she was speeding - no 'full investigation' is needed to prove this.

If the woman that is renting the house were in there ATT, she would almost certainly have been killed/maimed/seriously injured. As it stands, the house & her lively-hood are gone. From looking at this extensive damage, this home may be a wash. I don't know if it's even worth salvaging. They may need to tear this down & build another home from scratch.

Last edited:
Hmmm… but in a residential area though you would never be able to guarantee that no one else would get hurt.

I agree but if someone is intent upon committing suicide, it's impossible to ascertain how they make decisions and I would think that if they were cognitive enough to be concerned for those around them, I suspect they would reconsider.

I know I can’t link the Organized help
for Lynne Mishele …if you find it,
It shows the interior aftermath in the home of this poor woman.
Just beyond shocking photos IMO.

Last edited:
I don't put a lot of stock in a "full investigation" - which may very well be biased on the side of AH. The point is, she was driving extremely fast & drove all the way through the house, almost coming out at the other side. Again, if someone had been driving at a normal rate of speed for the residential street, somehow lost control, and hit the house, they car may not have even penetrated the home/gone through the wall. So, obviously she was speeding - no 'full investigation' is needed to prove this.

If the woman that is renting the house were in there ATT, she would almost certainly have been killed/maimed/seriously injured. As it stands, the house & her lively-hood are gone. From looking at this extensive damage, this home may be a wash. I don't know if it's even worth salvaging. They may need to tear this down & build another home from scratch.

I understand the need to make sense of the situation but I believe everyone deserves a proper investigation in order for the courts to do their job.

Without a proper inspection of her vehicle to prove the brakes and throttle were in working order, a shrewd lawyer will utilize that aspect to have charges dropped or reduced.

Without a properly investigating her drug/alcohol consumption at the time of the accident, there is no proof of impairment and a sharp lawyer may be able to pass that off as a 'medical emergency' or an inconclusive investigation.

I dearly hope that in spite of the headlines and juicy gossip that an extremely comprehensive investigation is conducted so those affected by this mess are actually able to see justice.

Have you considered the fact that her mental health history may already give a sharp lawyer the option to invoke an insanity/not cognitive defence? That alone makes me strongly desire that the investigation is as tight as possible.

IMO she needs to be supervised until she can control herself and certainly she shouldn't have a driver's license until then.

She is a grown adult. She doesn't need to be supervised. However she doesn't have business having a license. I say this although I have empathy for her pain and trauma. She should hire a driver and not get behind the wheel again IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla