Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that after hitting the garage and her picture taken she didn’t appear to look quite well.

Jmo

The bruise on her left arm has the appearance of a thumb, the marks under her eyes, lack of sleep/crying < guessing.
She just looks rough to me.

Jmo

I have to say that after hitting the garage and her picture taken she didn’t appear to look quite well.

Jmo

The bruise on her left arm has the appearance of a thumb, the marks under her eyes, lack of sleep/crying < guessing.
She just looks rough to me.

Jmo
Does it look as if someone might have bruised her by grabbing her arm? (The thumb print) TIA

Anne Heche slipped into a coma after she crashed into a home last week and is in critical condition, despite earlier reports that she was stable, a spokesperson for the actor said Monday.

Heche has a "significant" pulmonary injury requiring mechanical ventilation and burns that need surgery, the spokesperson said...

After thinking about what "speaking in cursive" could mean, and why someone would use that to describe someone intoxicated... it dawned on me that cursive is written with the letters connected together for form words, and inebriated people often slur her words, although not always. I watched one of her podcasts where it was obvious she was drunk and she did quite well speaking for the most part (also she seemed a tad manic). Every once in a while she'd slur her words, but not the entire time. So... maybe she wasn't there long enough, nor did she say anything she'd have trouble getting out, therefore she wasn't "speaking in cursive" to him, yet she was still intoxicated. Some people hold their liquor quite well.
She grabbed his face and asked if he'd ever done her hair. That requires some close proximity. I think he would have noticed if she were intoxicated. MOO

Do they have her on video at different points as she's leaving the salon and getting into her car? I was just thinking about all of the wealthy people who have been robbed/mugged/attacked in recent months in Southern California. Terror can cause very strange and uncontrolled behavior.

When I was in high school, my Mom and I visited a family friend in a new to us city. Long story short, we got boxed in at a red light. A group of 8 or so men sitting in the bed of a truck that was just ahead of us at the light were loud, crude, and threatening. We ignored them. Suddenly, a beer bottle was chucked at the windshield, a couple of the men started to get out of the bed of the truck, and to this day I am convinced I saw a gun. I totally freaked. The longest red light of my life finally changed to green, and the 2 men had to hop back in the truck. We quickly put distance between us and that truck, but I was hysterical. My Mom told me later that I was speaking gibberish and my words were not making sense. Finally, my Mom slapped me, not to hurt me. But she couldn't get me to snap out of it. That worked, and I began to gradually calm down. I don't know if that's called anything, besides just totally falling apart and awful under pressure. But had I been the one driving that day, there's no telling how many cars or people I might have hit to get out of there. I was just not thinking straight.

Again, if after a through and proper investigation, it's determined that Ms. Heche drove while intoxicated, she should be held to the same standards as anyone else, absolutely! For now though, I still see many different possible reasons for her behavior. I hope the investigation is thorough and gets to the bottom of this.

Anne Heche is being investigated for drugs and/or alcohol to determine if either was a factor in her vehicle crash in Mar Vista, Calif. Friday.

A warrant was issued Friday by the Los Angeles Police Department to do a toxicology blood test on Heche, 53, Officer Annie Hernandez told USA TODAY Monday.

"The investigation is pending based on the results," Hernandez added.

(BBM)

Snipped and BBM for focused reply.

Until, one day they plow in to someone's home with their car

Amateur opinion and speculation
I TOTALLY agree with you on that! :) What I meant by "holding her liquor quite well" was that she wasn't "speaking cursive" to the hairdresser so he didn't think she was intoxicated. I'd have rather that she was speaking cursive to be honest. Maybe someone would have taken her keys away or get her not to drive right then had they been clued in by slurred speech.

Last edited:
Anne Heche's best friend and son visit her at hospital, provide insight into day of crashM
Duffy says she did not see Heche on the day of the accident.

Duffy is Heche's co-host on their podcast, "Better Together with Anne Heche and Heather Duffy."

She also clarified that her most recent podcast episode with Heche, where the two women "drank vodka" and "wine chasers," was recorded the Tuesday before the accident.

En route to her car, Duffy was asked about Heche's status. She looked downcast but shared, "We're hoping she's going to be alright."

Does it look as if someone might have bruised her by grabbing her arm? (The thumb print) TIA
It very well could be, but not necessarily. I always have bruises on my arms and legs, mostly that look like that (small & round or oval), and no one has laid a hand on me. I also say to myself a lot "That's gonna bruise". lol :p

… she has a significant pulmonary injury requiring mechanical ventilation and burns that require surgical intervention.

A pulmonary contusion is caused by a very strong blunt force driving into the chest, causing disruption of the lung and pulmonary tissues (bruised lung).
~ JMO possibly from the steering wheel/dash/and or airbag on impact ?
I am guessing the pulmonary injury is very bad smoke inhalation from sitting in the car on fire for 30 minutes.

Anne Heche's best friend and son visit her at hospital, provide insight into day of crashM
Duffy says she did not see Heche on the day of the accident.

Duffy is Heche's co-host on their podcast, "Better Together with Anne Heche and Heather Duffy."

She also clarified that her most recent podcast episode with Heche, where the two women "drank vodka" and "wine chasers," was recorded the Tuesday before the accident.

En route to her car, Duffy was asked about Heche's status. She looked downcast but shared, "We're hoping she's going to be alright."
To me, even if that vodka & wine drinking podcast was made a different day... IMHO anyone that would drink vodka with wine chasers while recording a podcast (likely during the daytime but I don't know for sure) would drink vodka with wine chasers any (every?) day of the week. MOO

I TOTALLY agree with you on that! :) What I meant by "holding her liquor quite well" was that she wasn't "speaking cursive" to the hairdresser so he didn't think she was intoxicated. I'd have rather that she was speaking cursive to be honest. Maybe someone would have taken her keys away or get her not to drive right then had they been clued in by slurred speech.
Yes, I didn’t take it otherwise. :)
I think it’s moot at this point as I don’t see anyone living through this. I could be wrong of course; have been before!

Amateur opinion and speculation

To me, even if that vodka & wine drinking podcast was made a different day... IMHO anyone that would drink vodka with wine chasers while recording a podcast (likely during the daytime but I don't know for sure) would drink vodka with wine chasers any (every?) day of the week. MOO
An alcoholic would. What I am seeing from AH's behavior and what I see of her past behavior are classic signs of an alcoholic.

But I keep thinking that if she was close enough to touch his face, he should have been close enough to smell alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304