Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent thinking out of the box, AtlantaBourne.

What model BMW Mini Cooper was Anne driving? I can't seem to locate that detail.

I recall the neighbor who was able to speak to Anne from the backseat before the car burst into flames. He said the flames began from underneath the car.

Fuel system, gasoline: Delivery: Fuel pump

Recall date
2018-08-22
Recall no.
18V557000
BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2017-2019 MINI Cooper Countryman vehicles. These vehicles may be missing a crash protection plate near the high pressure fuel pump, which may result in a fuel leak in the event of a crash.
Recall consequence
Without the crash protection plate, in the event of a crash, the fuel pump can become damaged, causing a fuel leak and increasing the risk of a fire.

© 2022 Cars.com. All rights reserved.

https://www.cars.com/research/mini/recalls/
She was driving a mini Cooper Clubman. Not sure what year.

I don't think so either, and get none of this supposed "privilege" that she has. I see absolutely no reason why Anne shouldn't get some of our compassion and goodwill- she didn't hurt anyone but herself. I feel for the lady in the house, but it was literally a God sent miracle that she and her pets survived. There is no outcome better than that. And the community has raised money to help replace her lost items and help her with another place to live. Really the only person who has to deal with the consequences of Anne's actions is Anne. I believe she needs our prayers and I will offer them.
As far as consequences, let's not forget her children. They get to deal with paparazzi outside the hospital when they visit, as they're now gossip fodder. Also, they are being splashed all over media just because she's their mom. JMO

Yes. I remember her interview with Barbara Walters when she said she had been "insane" most of her life. She was very open about her alternate personality and self destructive behavior. She described horrific sexual abuse by her father. I remember thinking she was a deeply troubled woman.

She's expected to live, I hope she does and can get the help she needs, if this was in fact some sort of manic episode.
But she can't breathe on her own. I hadn't read of a manic episode or her interview with Barbara Walters, but I will read.

FWIW
Just wanted to post other possibilities, IMO
This news video reports a family killed in a car accident in San Diego County.

In this photo, below AH's right arm (bracelet) IMO there is a red wig. Is it possible the red arrow points to a bottle of shampoo?
Thanks for this - it puts the timeine in perspective for me. So AH purchased the wig before hitting the garage and her subsequent crash with the house. That's quite a short time span - two accidents within half an hour.

Thanks for this - it puts the timeine in perspective for me. So AH purchased the wig before hitting the garage and her subsequent crash with the house. That's quite a short time span - two accidents within half an hour.
IMO I have not seen any evidence of the mini Cooper Clubman striking a garage. Although I have seen the short video of a mini that looks exactly like AH's appearing to be touching the wall of a bldg. This video from a distance & at a parallel angle of the car makes it undeterminable to me if the car has actually hit the bldg. This video also shows a man dressed in blck approaching the car from the passenger rear side saying repeatedly & firmly 'get out of the car' & a woman's voice is heard responding 'no' each time. Wondering if there is video of the damage to this bldg or was 911 called to the location. I have never heard MSM report of the location.
Also, IMO, the picture of AH in her car, I can see a reflection off the window of 2 hands cupping a phone. IDR seeing the person near the car in the video getting that close or standing facing the passenger window like that. IMO the pic of her in the car with the red wig & the bottle were taken as she left Glass Hair Design.
JMOO

Does anyone know what a pulmonary injury is I am going to guess it was severe lung damage from smoke inhalation?

It is just lung injury. For whatever reason. Unless they add, “from smoke inhalation”, it could also be from the temperature, too. It could also be traumatic injury, sepsis related to burns, or, it could be ARDS caused by a combination of factors. And god forbid she gets it, but also, very possible. JMO

I never could confirm with my own eyes that it was in fact a liquor bottle in her car. I believe someone here posted it may have been a bottle or shampoo or conditioner she had purchased with the red wig. Not relevant, I did not understand opinions on why having a liquor bottle in one's car is a requirement to be intoxicated. Jmo.

Actress Anne Heche is in "stable" condition after crashing a car into a California home Friday, ex-boyfriend Thomas Jane said, adding Heche is "expected to pull through."

I believe the danger is infection with burn injuries.
I don't see how she can be stable.

I never could confirm with my own eyes that it was in fact a liquor bottle in her car. I believe someone here posted it may have been a bottle or shampoo or conditioner she had purchased with the red wig. Not relevant, I did not understand opinions on why having a liquor bottle in one's car is a requirement to be intoxicated. Jmo.
Here if you are pulled over for a traffic stop/license check and the cop sees a liquor bottle within hands reach it most certainly will get their attention and a field sobriety test.
I learned to put my purchases in the trunk.
The bottle in AH’s car was placed in a position where she could get to it easily even while driving.
JMO

Thanks for linking this article!

So, the bottom line here is that she was driving while impaired. Doesn't matter if it was coke, alcohol, fentanyl, whatever.

She had no business being behind the wheel of a car, period. She put innocent lives at risk, and she's victimized others as a result of her reckless disregard for the law.

I hope she survives her injuries.

I also hope she faces legal charges for her actions.

Not all victims are innocent victims.

JMO.

Last edited:
Here if you are pulled over for a traffic stop/license check and the cop sees a liquor bottle within hands reach it most certainly will get their attention and a field sobriety test.
I learned to put my purchases in the trunk.
The bottle in AH’s car was placed in a position where she could get to it easily even while driving.
JMO
It is the same here with police. I just do not see a liquor bottle in what has been shown in the media. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member