Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they be able to tell the difference between a person taking fentanyl themselves, or of that potentially administered by hospital staff? You'd think it would be important to LE to know what a person was taking/on. It's kinda like a contaminated sample in my mind otherwise. Things that make ya go hmmmm....

The hospital would have records of drugs and dosage that they administered but I'm not certain how that would affect a sample.

Yes, but rare in the U.S.

It's important to note that even though cocaine can be used for medical purposes, it's rarely used in the United States today. There are now many other drugs that are better suited for medical use than cocaine.

Thanks. It's not that I actually expect there ot be no other drug available and was just curious. I'm not certain I find TMZ to be a reliable source either because they also reported that 'unnamed sources' indicated that AH had tested positive for alcohol until maybe she wasn't.

At this point, it's likely best to just wait for confirmed reports on what may be in her system.

Aug 11 2022 rbbm.
By Denise Petski
''Lifetime’s upcoming movie Girl In Room 13, starring Anne Heche, is still scheduled to premiere in September, the network said during the film’s panel Thursday at the Television Critics Association virtual press tour. Heche, who was originally scheduled to appear on the panel, remains hospitalized in critical condition following a car crash last week.''

''Inspired by actual events, Girl in Room 13 examines the story of Grace (Dias), who was addicted to opioids after her doctor prescribed them for a sports injury at a very young age and after three stints in rehab, she is finally ready to turn her life around. Under the watchful eye of her mother, Janie (Heche), Grace takes on a job at her family’s restaurant. But her past will not let her go and when her friend coerces her into meeting her former love interest and drug dealer, Richie (Montesi), she finds herself imprisoned in a hotel room with no way out. Held captive, Richie repeatedly violates Grace, forces her to consume drugs and alcohol, and starves her — all to break her down so that she becomes compliant and can be sold into human trafficking. Refusing to give up on her daughter even when her husband and the local police believe Grace has returned to a life of using, Janie starts an all-out hunt to find Grace. Stopping at nothing, Janie discovers the dark world of human trafficking and the shocking statistics about its widespread victims and its unexpected accomplices.''
The irony of this story line and where she is today isn't lost on me.

Just some medical facts.

"Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is up to 50 times stronger than heroin and 100 times stronger than morphine."

"Powdered fentanyl looks just like many other drugs. It is commonly mixed with drugs like heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine and made into pills that are made to resemble other prescription opioids."

If she was addicted or a serious addict her body is going to be in serious withdrawal as she heals..complicating her recovery :( (moo)

DailyMail (I know, I know) is calling it a bottle of vodka. It has a pretty clear picture that appears to be a bottle of vodka when comparing it against images in a "vodka bottle with red cap" google search. Not verification but highly likely, sadly. JMO.
It really looks like a bottle of Smirnoff to me.

Regarding cocaine: Usually used in hospitals, as far as I’ve known, in liquid form, topically, to assist In intubation (and outside a medical facility for same). I don’t know how much it’s used anymore, but I have seen it.

Since it’s use is topical in that situation, I would imagine that blood level would be minimal, and would be noted, anyway, in context of a tox screen.

AUG. 11, 2022 12:59 PM PT
Actor Anne Heche was under the influence of cocaine during her fiery car crash in Mar Vista last week, a law enforcement source confirmed to The Times on Thursday.
Officer Annie Hernandez, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department, said a blood test showed the presence of narcotics, but further testing is needed to rule out anything given to Heche at the hospital. Those initial findings could be invalidated if medications at the hospital turned out to be the narcotics.

(positive for cocaine, possibly positive for narcotics)

Regarding cocaine: Usually used in hospitals, as far as I’ve known, in liquid form, topically, to assist In intubation (and outside a medical facility for same). I don’t know how much it’s used anymore, but I have seen it.

Since it’s use is topical in that situation, I would imagine that blood level would be minimal, and would be noted, anyway, in context of a tox screen.
fricaybaker, I was wondering the same thing. Turns out a tox screen can differentiate between the two.

The present study found no evidence that lidocaine or norlidocaine are capable of producing false positive results on standard cocaine urine immunoassays.

Hi Giving, I think the article is talking about substances related to cocaine that could affect the results of a drug screen. I was talking about actual cocaine, but it seems like it’s not used much these days. However, it’s an excellent and informative article-thanks!

Would they be able to tell the difference between a person taking fentanyl themselves, or of that potentially administered by hospital staff? You'd think it would be important to LE to know what a person was taking/on. It's kinda like a contaminated sample in my mind otherwise. Things that make ya go hmmmm....
Kinda answering my own question. BBM and UBM. Looks like time will tell?

Actor Anne Heche, 53, remains in a coma following a high-speed car crash into a Los Angeles home on August 5th. Law enforcement officials conducted a toxicology report from blood drawn at the hospital, and according to TMZ, Heche had cocaine in her system at the time of the accident.

The blood sample also showed the presence of fentanyl. It’s unclear at this time if the drug was administered by hospital staff after the crash or taken by Heche beforehand.

Yeah unfortunately it's as I said, she did a bump of blow and her brain went "WEEEEEEEEEEE!"

It's really sad that so many celebrities can't find the strength to say no to hard drugs. I'm glad she didn't kill anyone and I hope she recovers.

I did see liquid cocaine in a hospital pharmacy approx 40 years ago, I was told it had very rare use on occasion for nose jobs. Jme

I was reminded of the video that was posted several pages back of Anne being interviewd and how excited and jittery she was. Seems that could be a symptom of cocaine. Personally I've never tried cocaine so have no idea what side effects it has. JMO

EXCLUSIVE: Anne Heche is near death from smoke inhalation after crashing car into house, friends tell DailyMail.com: Actress was 'high on cocaine' at time of 90mph accident​

I keep trying to edit & my comments keep getting deleted. The DM article below was edited to add that AH is near death. Not sure how true this is as it looks like the comments are from friends/sources via DM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member