Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered the exact same. She appeared very flexible in that stretcher moment. Maybe the smoke inhalation hadn’t closed enough in on her yet allowing her body to sit up and flail?

We simply don’t know what happened en route. Thromboembolism is not uncommon in severe burns; I am thinking, PE? Cardiac arrest? Just a though.

Things happen. In you remember, Princess Diana, after the catastrophe, with her horrible injuries, was able to say a few words, but very soon went into cardiac arrest. Shock causes immense release of stress hormones, and they, for a brief while, might activate the person, before everything falls apart. So while her sitting up looks strange in hindsight, I am not surprised that Anne has suffered anoxic injury. Remembering her poor, burned out car…

Would they be able to tell the difference between a person taking fentanyl themselves, or of that potentially administered by hospital staff? You'd think it would be important to LE to know what a person was taking/on. It's kinda like a contaminated sample in my mind otherwise. Things that make ya go hmmmm....
The LE would ask the hospital staff what meds in what quantity were administered to Anne before the blood sample was taken.

I wonder if it is even possible to be an organ donor if such a donor has alcohol/drug problem.
Even people with tattoos can't donate blood.

MOO
In the UK, you cannot donate blood for a certain amount of time after getting a tattoo, but having a tattoo itself does not prevent being an organ donor - Who can donate?

I think there are lots of variables when considering an organ donation from an addict. So many very ill people wait on an organ donor for a long time. This article explains some of the risks.

Also, burn victims often succumb to various skin infections and lung danage due to smoke exposure days or weeks after the accident, even though initially they were conscious.
My colleague had fire in his apartment.
He spent some time inhaling smoke before fire brigade came.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance (was conscious and not burnt, but I don't know the details. He might have had internal burns).
A week or so later he died.
We were all shocked.

Last edited:
Actually, the bottle in the photo before the last crash looks pretty much just like a Smirnoff bottle to me. Even if it is though, it certainly doesn’t mean she was drinking it that morning.
We're currently having a heatwave, and there's a plastic gin bottle in my car at the moment. Filled with water. It was just a handy empty bottle to use. So I agree, we shouldn't assume anything from the glimpse of a bottle.

Sounds like one of the worst ways to go, basically cooked alive. I'll have to ask one of the docs but I wonder if the heat and smoke basically injured her lungs to the point she was unable to breathe enough oxygen to survive?
Yes, that's exactly what "anoxic" means. No oxygen. She has an anoxic brain injury - it was starved of oxygen - because the fire was taking it all.

• Anoxic brain injuries are caused by a complete lack of oxygen to the brain, which results in the death of brain cells after approximately four minutes of oxygen deprivation.

However it does make me wonder how she was able to sit up straight on the stretcher and rip her blankets off?
She was also breathing by herself at this point too....

Last edited:
I wonder if the cocaine was laced with fentanyl, unbeknownst to her, and she overdosed.
I might be wrong here, but I don't think a fentanyl overdose situation would allow the person the kind of muscular tension and strength that it takes to floor a gas pedal. Fentanyl OD's usually just nod off and stop breathing, everything relaxes. And she wouldn't have been conscious enough to talk to the man that went in the car to check on her.

This is just tragic. If people can't extend a little bit of sympathy now.... IDK, that is just cold.

Completely agree. A bad thing has happened here and she could have potentially hurt or even killed other people, but I take no pleasure in seeing someone who has traditionally not been harmful or awful to others lose her life in such a horrible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd