Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's exactly what "anoxic" means. No oxygen. She has an anoxic brain injury - it was starved of oxygen - because the fire was taking it all.

• Anoxic brain injuries are caused by a complete lack of oxygen to the brain, which results in the death of brain cells after approximately four minutes of oxygen deprivation.

However it does make me wonder how she was able to sit up straight on the stretcher and rip her blankets off?
She was also breathing by herself at this point too....
Yeah I know what it means. Like you I saw her moving in the clip where she was being put into an ambulance where they would have likely started her on O2. But from there she devolved pretty quickly. I guess her lungs were so burned they were unable to intake enough oxygen? I'm on with one of the docs today, I'll ask him.

“Unfortunately, due to her accident, Anne Heche suffered a severe anoxic brain injury and remains in a coma, in critical condition. She is not expected to survive," the statement read. "It has long been her choice to donate her organs and she is being kept on life support to determine if any are viable."

We want to thank everyone for their kind wishes and prayers for Anne's recovery and thank the dedicated staff and wonderful nurses that cared for Anne at the Grossman Burn Center at West Hills hospital," the statement continued.

In their message, her family and friends also paid tribute to Heche's "huge heart" and "generous spirit."

"More than her extraordinary talent, she saw spreading kindness and joy as her life's work -- especially moving the needle for acceptance of who you love," the statement read. "She will be remembered for her courageous honesty and dearly missed for her light."

Oh no, this is horrible. So sad for her family. Despite whatever difficulties she may have had in her life I genuinely liked her as an actress and was hoping she would pull through and hopefully be able to overcome her obstacles.

And yet AH's organs are bathed in toxins NOW (alcohol/cocaine/fent).

I simply gave an example of tattoos.
Well the alcohol will be long gone as well as the fentanyl and cocaine. Surprisingly none of these are on the blood donor exclusion list at the Red Cross.

Having spent some time on the organ recipient floor at Ronald McDonald House in Chicago when my daughter had her transplant, I can say that her available organs are sorely needed.

Well the alcohol will be long gone as well as the fentanyl and cocaine. Surprisingly none of these are on the blood donor exclusion list at the Red Cross.

Having spent some time on the organ recipient floor at Ronald McDonald House in Chicago when my daughter had her transplant, I can say that her available organs are sorely needed.

I imagine it all depends on how long a donor has been an addict and how much the organs are destroyed by addiction.

MOO

Last edited:
When the vehicle drives past (cctv) I noticed a sound like screeching brakes but still the vehicle is speeding, anyone else notice that?

I wonder if there was a mechanical or accelerator problem.

I questioned mechanical issues but it seemed to be an unpopular question.

I had a Mazda truck that would accelerate hard in certain conditions and dozens of trips to the dealership didn’t resolve the problem.

Four years after I sold the truck, Mazda issued a recall for that very same problem.

Noting the blood shortage in Canada and US.. fwiw
Aug 6 2022
''The Canadian Blood Services (CBS) only has three days’ worth of O+ and O- blood types, along with only five days’ worth of A+, A- and B- blood types as of Friday, according to its website.
The agency says that donations become “especially needed,” when the supply of these blood types drop below eight days.''

June 2022

''Critical Blood Supply Shortage in the U.S.​

There has been a significant drop in donations during the pandemic
  • In some areas, high rates of COVID-19 have reduced the number of people walking through the door to donate blood.
  • The pandemic has also greatly impacted the traditional blood drives of many large organizations, such as businesses, houses of worship, and schools and colleges where many blood drives take place.
  • Staffing limitations- just like everywhere else there are staffing limitations that have caused the cancelation of planned blood drives''

LOS ANGELES — Actor Anne Heche suffered an "anoxic" brain injury and is not expected to survive, her spokesperson said Thursday, nearly a week after she crashed her car into a home in Los Angeles.

"It has long been her choice to donate her organs and she is being kept on life support to determine if any are viable," the spokesperson said in a statement on behalf of her friends and family.

On Monday, Heche, 53, was in a coma and in “extreme” condition, her representative said. The spokesperson said Heche was “unconscious, slipping into a coma” following the crash...

Anne could donate her corneas and whatever good tissue she has. Even a small tissue donation helps. My first husband was given the wrong amount of a drug and it destroyed his liver. Skin and corneas was all he had left to give when he passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288