another comment from the chicks....

bykerladi said:
There are some people in this world who just need to shut up. And she is one of them. Apparently she thinks people actually care what her views are.

Apparently she's right, as any and every word out of her mouth gets all sorts of attention here.

Dark Knight said:
Obviously the Chicks are mad at the fallout from the Bush comment in the UK and are now venting, lol. Just to play devil's advocate, does anyone think their comment about Bush would have been viewed as inflammatory if they had been guys? It isn't like rock singers haven't criticized him, although I don't know if it was ever done overseas by anyone else.

Interesting thought, DK. I don't know how to construct a test that will give us an answer, but it's something to think about.

Nova said:
Apparently she's right, as any and every word out of her mouth gets all sorts of attention here.
hehehe, yep I think people care alright:p

What amazes me is that they haven't been heard from for 3 years. They didn't mention death threats 3 years ago which is when the threats supposedly happened. Now here they come again and instead of just putting out a CD and doing their concerts and putting their screwup behind them they are starting the whole thing all over again. Now Reba has been brought into it. That wasn't a compliment when they said Toby and Reba. We know what they think of Toby. Don't they have any common sense at all? If they planned to make a comeback this is not the way to do it.

They would rather have a small following of people that will devote all of their listening time to the Chicks....well that is what they are going to end up with because of their rotten attitudes. Talk about career suicide. We survived for 3 years without your music Chicks....there are a lot of new country singers who have taken your place. Maybe you should head on over to the rockers and see if you can fit in there. Your fans are dropping like flies here in big country.

My CD player holds 25 CD's and I have plenty of country singers to fill it up...thank you :D ...that includes Toby and Reba

Dark Knight said:
Obviously the Chicks are mad at the fallout from the Bush comment in the UK and are now venting, lol. Just to play devil's advocate, does anyone think their comment about Bush would have been viewed as inflammatory if they had been guys? It isn't like rock singers haven't criticized him, although I don't know if it was ever done overseas by anyone else.
Yes....
Also she reminds me of Jane Fonda...:eek:

Bobbisangel said:
What amazes me is that they haven't been heard from for 3 years. They didn't mention death threats 3 years ago which is when the threats supposedly happened. Now here they come again and instead of just putting out a CD and doing their concerts and putting their screwup behind them they are starting the whole thing all over again. Now Reba has been brought into it. That wasn't a compliment when they said Toby and Reba. We know what they think of Toby. Don't they have any common sense at all? If they planned to make a comeback this is not the way to do it.

They would rather have a small following of people that will devote all of their listening time to the Chicks....well that is what they are going to end up with because of their rotten attitudes. Talk about career suicide. We survived for 3 years without your music Chicks....there are a lot of new country singers who have taken your place. Maybe you should head on over to the rockers and see if you can fit in there. Your fans are dropping like flies here in big country.

My CD player holds 25 CD's and I have plenty of country singers to fill it up...thank you :D ...that includes Toby and Reba

Wonder if the Chicks ever heard the saying:
"The Bigger you are the harder the harder you fall".......

I wonder what Reba thinks about this comment....?

Nova said:
I wonder if it's like the train wreck scenario. You can't stop listening to the wreck that comes out of their mouths. But I still won't buy their cd! :eek:

Kan499 said:
I wonder if it's like the train wreck scenario. You can't stop listening to the wreck that comes out of their mouths. But I still won't buy their cd! :eek:
That is true!

michelle said:
I wonder what Reba thinks about this comment....?

Yeppers. So, they're not endearing themselves to some of the public...nor their peers. Well, they're entitled to their opinions, certainly...but me thinks they need to edit what they spew. Guess they want conflict and figure the publicity is good for their comeback. I, myself, will continue to listen to Reba, etc. The Waco country stations still won't play the Dixie Chicks...and I doubt they'll start now....

DEPUTYDAWG said:
Yeppers. So, they're not endearing themselves to some of the public...nor their peers. Well, they're entitled to their opinions, certainly...but me thinks they need to edit what they spew. Guess they want conflict and figure the publicity is good for their comeback. I, myself, will continue to listen to Reba, etc. The Waco country stations still won't play the Dixie Chicks...and I doubt they'll start now....
I am all for Freedom Of Speech and what not, but these girls IMO are asking for the bad backlash they are receiving....I love Reba and TK.....

Could it be possible that they were given feedback on their 60 Minutes' interview and projections as to how their new CD would do, with both being unfavorable? If so, this could be their way of saving face before the CD's release date. Sort of like saying, "We only are interested in our small, loyal fan base anyway. We don't care about a larger country music fan base." To them, this would save face if their CD flops...

nanandjim said:
Could it be possible that they were given feedback on their 60 Minutes' interview and projections as to how their new CD would do, with both being unfavorable? If so, this could be their way of saving face before the CD's release date. Sort of like saying, "We only are interested in our small, loyal fan base anyway. We don't care about a larger country music fan base." To them, this would save face if their CD flops...

I doubt that they're that smart, really.

Jules said:
My local Country station has been playing the CHicks old stuff.But they annouced today they will not be playing any Chicks now after the remarks made in Time. They said bad enough slapping the fans in the face. But now mixing in Reba and toby again they have drawn a line. And the station will not cross it this time. :clap:

Dark Knight said:
That was an odd comment, to say the least, lol. Poor Reba. They're a bit cranky, I'd say, after all of this. Be interesting to see how their album sales do.
I know I won't be buying their new album.

Snip....
Maines was quoted in late January on EW.com, before the single went to country radio, saying: "For me to be in country music to begin with was not who I was ... I would be cheating myself ... to go back to something that I don't wholeheartedly believe in. So I'm pretty much done. They've shown their true colors. I like lots of country music, but as far as the industry and everything that happened ... I couldn't want to be farther away from that."

"When an artist says that they don't want to be a part of that industry, it made our decision a no-brainer," program director Mark Evans says. "There are too many talented new artists dying to have a song played on country radio, so I'd rather give one of them a shot."

welder 79 said:
coming soon is the new book!!! "HOW TO FLUSH A ENTERTAINMENT CAREER DOWN THE TOILET IN 3 EASY STEP'S" By Natalie Maines......she can't keep from the middle of trouble
Or HOW DIAREAH OF THE MOUTH FLUSHED OUR CAREER DOWN THE $HITTER!:doh:

nanandjim said:

I think that is quite possible, Nan. (I'm sure their record company does market projections.) If so, theirs was not the most productive response, but pretty human, I'm afraid.

I am not sure there was any intent to specifically "dis" Reba McIntire (a brilliant singer, IMHO) or her fans. I think the reference to three very different artists in the CD changer may have just been a way to describe the broadest possible country fan. The speaker was just saying they didn't want to stay in the "box" necessary to appeal to that broad base of fans.

By them putting Reba in the comment with TK is like a slap to Reba. Obviously everyone knows how they feel about TK. So why bring poor reba into it???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back