Another malfunction for Boeing 787 Dreamliner; ANA flight w/137 aboard lands safely

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jan 15, 2013.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Just in:
    usnews.com article from earlier today, before incident above:
    more at the link

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

more at the link: http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/ri...another-wrong-turn-for-boeings-787-dreamliner

4. Reader

Reader New Member

FAA grounds Boeing Dreamliner jets

http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ing-dreamliner-787-emergency-landing/1837943/

The Federal Aviation Administration issued an emergency order late Wednesday telling U.S. airlines to stop flying Boeing 787 Dreamliners until they can prove that batteries on board are safe.

It's a major blow for Boeing and its sophisticated new jetliner that's made largely from lightweight carbon composite material, which allows airlines.to save on fuel and which passengers like for its airy cabins.

The action came the same day a smoldering battery forced the emergency landing in Japan of an All Nippon Airways plane. That incident followed a fire Jan. 7 aboard an empty Japan Airlines 787 at Boston's Logan airport..............more at link..........

5. blue_the_puppy

blue_the_puppy New Member

you couldn't pay me to fly on the nightmareliner!

6. tezi

tezi Active Member

I hear you, blue. If anyone ever hears of me taking a trip on one of these planes, please have me medicated somewhere safe....

I am scared of these new planes. Not that the older ones had a lot of metal to protect you in a crash, but these have even less...And the batteries...:what: