Another New Lawyer for Casey - Dorothy Sims

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Aedrys, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

Interesting. Yet another lawyer willing to attach themselves this case...I wonder if they are force fed the Casey koolaid before agreeing to sign on.

Her name is Dorothy Clay Sims, and Mason believes if there's holes in the medical stuff, she'll find them.

I wonder what happens if there are no holes for her to find? What do you guys think of this latest addition to the dream team?

2. Loading...

3. Paintr

Paintr New Member

I thought KC already had a female lawyer for the cross examination...Ms Baden? Has she quit

4. Aedrys

Huh, that is a dang good question - maybe she's getting ready to leave and this new lawyer is going to take over? I so KNEW she would if that's what is happening!

5. Itsy

Itsy Member

Wish I had time to research her...gotta go do some payroll checks for a client, then walk the dog. But thanks for posting this & I'll certainly check back later to see what y'all have found out. :)

I will say, though, that of course JB & Co are going to get anyone that will agree to try to disprove/agrue the State's side of everything they can.

6. Nore

Nore New Member

--------------------------
    With Dr.G. handling the autopsy I doubt a problem.If you've ever watched her you know she leaves no stone unturned,even in the toughest cases.Yes I wonder what happened to LKB..How long will this one last?

7. Paintr

Paintr New Member

These lawyers are like ants at a picnic...they just keep coming! :)

8. Aedrys

Yep, I bet any day now we're going to hear LKB left. They cannot justify having two lawyers doing the same thing and expect to get payment for both. Ain't gonna happen. I'm going to love seeing them try to justify it in from of HHJP, though.

And geesh, how many lawyers are needed on one case? And what could possibly keep attracting lawyers to this one? That might deserve it's own thread, lol.

9. Snaz

Snaz "Heavens to Habeas Corpus" ~ Legal Eagle Lion

Do we know for sure Ms. Sims is taking KC on as a client? The article just says that Dorothy Sims visited KC in jail, which of course, we already knew.

10. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

I thought the same thing. LKB was supposed to be the one to attack the state's scientific evidence. :waitasec: MOO

11. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

This is all I know......

Anthony recently got a jailhouse visit from an attorney renowned for her cross-examination of medical experts, jail records show.

Ocala attorney Dorothy Clay Sims visited Anthony in jail on July 30 for about an hour and a half.
    Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby said Sims is well known for her grasp of issues related to medical expert testimony, which could be a valuable asset to Anthony’s defense team.
    “If there are any holes in the autopsy, holes in the evidence, she will expose them,” Hornsby said.

12. elementary

elementary No More Excuses

I just want to know how many lawyers the JAC allows the perp.

13. Itsy

Itsy Member

I used to watch her show before they moved it from TLC to another cable channel that I don't get - really miss watching her; she's the epitome of professionalism. I agree the defense will have a hard time disputing her findings.

14. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

If she was indeed a new member of the team she would have to file a Notice of Appearance, wouldn't she? Has that been done?

15. Aedrys

I would think so. But the defense is supposed to be a secret! Baez has to be so mad that this new lawyer has been uncovered because of those darn cocoa and crackers snack list!

We'll probably see a notice at 4:59pm tomorrow, just you wait.

16. Horace Finklestein

Horace Finklestein New Member

So in other words, we're going to be treated to another OJ defense - no actual defense, no alibi, no explanation - just trying to convince the jury that the evidence is faulty, people are out to get the client, etc. Unbelievable and absolutely disgusting. Let's pray for a jury with common sense and let's hope Baez will be running the show...

17. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

If Baez is running the show the jury could consist of First Graders and they would see the light.

18. Macushla

Macushla Our Royal Himalayan Gopher Hounds

the ants are marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah! Sorry, for some reason that song has been running around in my head today :)

19. njustice

njustice New Member

Just makes me wonder whether there should be laws around how many lawyers an indigent client should be allowed to retain...

20. ks1

ks1 New Member

And in my head "the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out"!

21. Paintr

Paintr New Member

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: