Anthony Bourdain, 61, Tv Chef And Travel Host, Found Dead, Suicide

CARIIS

Former Member
Reaction score
CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 - CNN

Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

Bourdain was in France working on an upcoming episode of his award-winning CNN series. His close friend Eric Ripert, the French chef, found Bourdain unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.

He hanged himself

He was in a hotel room in France

Found by a close friend Apparently had a long history of heroin abuse in his past that he overcame

Last edited:

Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

Bourdain was in France working on an upcoming episode of his award-winning CNN series. His close friend Eric Ripert, the French chef, found Bourdain unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.

He hanged himself

He was in a hotel room in France

Found by a close friend Apparently had a long history of heroin abuse in his past that he overcame

Really sad to hear this. He inspired me to travel to places beyond the usual tourist countries, to seek local people, to experience true local food and culture. To begin to grasp points of view beyond my own. To reach out and not settle for the average and ordinary.

Shocked by this death and so soon after K Spade's suicide too.
Anthony Bourdain dies at 61 in apparent suicide, CNN says
anthony-bourdain-gty-ml-180608_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Celebrity chef and TV host Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 | The Star
"Bourdain’s death drew new attention to celebrity suicides.

It came three days after fashion designer Kate Spade died of apparent suicide in her Park Avenue apartment in New York. Spade’s husband and business partner said the 55-year-old business mogul had suffered from depression and anxiety for many years.

A U.S. government report released Thursday found suicide rates inched up in nearly every U.S. state from 1999 through 2016. More than half of suicides in 2015 in a subgroup of 27 states were among people with no known mental health condition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found.

If you or someone you know need help, call Toronto Distress Centre at 416-408-4357. If you require emergency assistance please go to the nearest hospital or call 911."

Last edited:
Gah Eric found him? His friend? Arggghhhhhh....:( :( :(

Really, really, really bummed about this.

I'll never forget when AB went to Laos, where there are many undetonated bombs left over from Vietnam that still go off today and maim people, little kids...and he had dinner with a local family affected, cried, and apologized for what America left.

I loved this man!! I always wanted to meet him, take him around and show him the cool local joints.

So sorry you were in pain, Mr. Bourdain.

Last edited:
The world reacts to the death of chef and storyteller Anthony Bourdain - CNN

Gordon Ramsay
✔@GordonRamsay

"Stunned and saddened by the loss of Anthony Bourdain. He brought the world into our homes and inspired so many people to explore cultures and cities through their food. Remember that help is a phone call away US:1-800-273-TALK UK: 116 123"

6:27 AM - Jun 8, 2018
5,805 people are talking about this

Last edited:
Shocking and very sad! His was the only food/cooking show I liked to watch. It was very educational, learning about the food, cultures and lives of people in places all over the world. His show provided viewers experiences most Americans will never have anywhere else. I admired the way he was so respectful of people and their cuisine, regardless of where they lived or how humble their lives. RIP

Shocking and very sad! His was the only food/cooking show I liked to watch. It was very educational, learning about the food, cultures and lives of people in places all over the world. His show provided viewers experiences most Americans will never have anywhere else. I admired the way he was so respectful of people and their cuisine, regardless of where they lived or how humble their lives. RIP

Yes!

Dear Betty P,

Anthony Bourdain's respect and great compassion for others always stood out to me as well.

His compassion and great need to understand other cultures helped us learn so much about different cultures and customs around the world. There was no one else who showed so much more than just the food.

This saddens my heart. Rest in Peace Anthony Bourdain. You taught us so much.

Watching his episode on West Virginia

Brilliant work.

From his field notes:

Like any other episode of Parts Unknown, whether in Vietnam or Nigeria, or any city in the United States, this West Virginia episode is a plea for understanding of the people whose personal histories, sense of pride, independence, and daunting challenges deserve respect. It’s a walk in somebody else’s shoes.

Bourdain’s field notes: West Virginia

Last edited:
<modsnip>

I am surprised and horrified about Bourdain's death. I loved his writing and his shows. I hated his political views. Now I'm saddened by his death.

Suicide is a funny thing, it seems to be catching. It's as if once someone you/we all know does it, permission is somehow given to take that route ourselves. I've seen it run in families, in schools, in Native American tribes.

I'm sad and horrified, and so very sorry. Rest in peace Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain found dead in France at 61

PARIS (AP) — American TV celebrity and food writer Anthony Bourdain was found dead in his hotel room Friday in France while working on his CNN series on culinary traditions around the world. He was 61.

CNN confirmed the death, saying that Bourdain was found unresponsive Friday morning by friend and chef Eric Ripert in the French city of Strasbourg. It called his death a suicide...

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain found dead in France at 61 | Xfinity

MOD NOTE

Leave politics out of this thread. A man is dead. He has a family. He was not even a political figure. Did he make some inappropriate jokes? Apparently. Are all of you perfect and have never made off the cuff remarks or jokes that were inappropriate?

This is NOT the thread for politics. He was a chef. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

This post lands at random.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back