Anthony Family Inconsistencies #3 Obstruction charges? perjury? Mistrial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
George tells LE he lost money on Nigerian internet scheme. Cindy's brother Rick says George lost money by on-line gambling.

Cindy says during interview she gave several hairbrushes to police for Caylee's DNA sample. List of items given shows only one hairbrush.

Cindy tells LE she had a lawyer draw up paperwork so she and George would get guardianship of Caylee if anything happened to Casey. LE contacted lawyer who said he knows nothing of this.

Others?

I'm still shocked about the Nigerian scheme. Who in their right mind would fall for something like that? George doesn't seem stupid to me.

YIKES

Anyway...

the one that irks me is Cindy saying in the 911 call "it smells like there's a dead body in the car"

then there's the video of her saying over and over "NO ODOR IN THE CAR", and insisting that someone must have planted a dead body in the car while it was in the tow yard.

I must admit I can understand her wanting to do whatever she can to protect her daughter...but for cryin' out loud, that daughter killed her own child! Cindy's got to stop protecting Casey! arrrrggghhhhhh this case makes me crazy, I can't wait for the trial to start.

Although the perjury and mistrial topics won't really come to fruition till the trial actually starts, I noticed a blaring inconsistency this morning and this seemed like the thread where it should go.

I just cannot reconcile the fact that Cindy has been all over Orlando news today spouting her pronouncements about how they wanted these jail tapes to be released because they show so much good,
with...
The emergency motion Baez filed a while ago to get a protective order blocking the release of any jailhouse tapes because they had such a negative impact on his client.:smiliescale:

Although the perjury and mistrial topics won't really come to fruition till the trial actually starts, I noticed a blaring inconsistency this morning and this seemed like the thread where it should go.

I just cannot reconcile the fact that Cindy has been all over Orlando news today spouting her pronouncements about how they wanted these jail tapes to be released because they show so much good,
with...
The emergency motion Baez filed a while ago to get a protective order blocking the release of any jailhouse tapes because they had such a negative impact on his client.:smiliescale:

you mean you didn't find sympathy & compassion in any of the outbursts of loving caring mom of the year kc?????? :liar::clown:

as for JB---maybe maybe there is a chance........ nah.......

jmo

with...

Try it this way: It shows that the Anthony's attempted to find the truth from Casey and took down notes of what she was saying. It shows Casey demonstrating emotion and concern for her daughter. It shows how cooperative Casey was trying to be. It shows them as a loving family with no problems at all! It shows how Cindy is working her heiny off to get the word out that Casey loves her daughter (I think I missed the personal statements from the perp to the media release, though) and wants her back. It shows how Casey is genuine in her statements about getting out of jail so she can help. Oh and I think there was a mention of someone named Caylee, but that was an afterthought.

Of course, if you try it that way, except for the last part, you also have to drink this glass of koolaid that has been specially prepared for you by the Anthony's.

So many inconsistencies, I can't keep up. But, something I found interesting....
The "message" from KC to the invisible nanny and Caylee. Why on earth would media loving CA ask KC for message to share with the media, if Caylee and / or the family was in such danger??? Ooops, I forgot...another lie!
Also, CA in her FBI interview says emphatically that she had asked KC during a visit (which we later saw in the released jail videos) if anyone had threatened the family and if it was physical or emotional...and according to CA's FBI interview, she says KC said physical...but, according to the videos of the visits just released, KC did not say that...just something along the lines of I can't discuss this anymore...or something crazy like that!

I think LE is just letting the A's hang themselves with their own rope...after the trial, I think we'll see perjury charges!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/472431/reasons_to_declare_a_mistrial_on_criminal.html
Reasons to Declare a Mistrial on Criminal Charges
1)Hung Jury
2)Improperly Admitted Evidence
-For example, if the prosecution admits a weapon that was obtained during an illegal search and seizure, they have violated the defendant's constitutional rights and the judge will declare a mistrial
3)Jury Tampering
4)Witness Tampering-This is common in cases surrounding organized crime; if a witness is threatened with his or her life, the judge will have no choice but to end the trial.
5)Court Officer Misconduct-meetings between counsel and the judge or improper observance of trial procedures. These types of cases are more likely to come out in the appeals process

IMO none of this applies to KC's case

The prosecution is going to be able to discredit Casey from the get-go. She left her daughter at the babysitter's and when she returned from work her daughter and the babysitter were gone. She didn't have a job and she didn't have a babysitter, and the babysitter didn't even have an apartment. How can Jose recover from that?

Then you put Cindy and George on the stand and say "isn't it true that she lied about A,B, and C?" What else does the jury have to work with here?

More telling than the lies Casey told during those initial hours before her first arrest, is the deafening silence since then to offer the real story. Admitting you've lied is not the same as being honest. It is simply pointing out what everyone else has figured out.

As for Cindy changing her story, there is only one reason: it is the best way she copes with life.

One of the biggest inconsistencies...GA testifying (the truth?) at Grand Jury. We all thought he was finally coming around. Then, nope, back to his face squinching, shoulder hunching, koolaid drinking, billboard-driving self.

More telling than the lies Casey told during those initial hours before her first arrest, is the deafening silence since then to offer the real story. Admitting you've lied is not the same as being honest. It is simply pointing out what everyone else has figured out.

As for Cindy changing her story, there is only one reason: it is the best way she copes with life.
Yes!
I'd really like to know what Casey said when Cindy asked her "why did you tell us you were in Jacksonville - you gave us details every day about what you were doing while you were there - why did you do that?"

While digging thru NG Show Transcripts for Kobe quotes I found a GA quote.
GA fron NG transcripts - August 15
GEORGE ANTHONY, GRANDFATHER:
"The gas can situation was someone had broken in to my shed, stolen my two gas cans.
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Was it your daughter then that you found had taken them?
G. ANTHONY: All I can say is it was in front of her car. That`s all I can tell you.
So there are 3 versions?
1)didn't get near the trunk of the car - KC handed GA gas cans
2)saw into trunk of car - KC handed Ga gas cans
3)it (gas can?) was in the front of her car

CA said there was no odor in the car before it went to the tow yard but KC admitted to all her friends there was an odor in her car for several days.

The Sawgrass apartment was vacant.

"The dead body in my car is not my granddaughter" (then who's was it?)

Juliet Lewis and Jeff Hopkins work at Universal and knew about Caylee missing.

Searching for my daughter but went to clubs and Blockbuster to rent movies.

Bella Vida (beautiful life) tattoo when the most beautiful thing in a moms life was "kidnapped". Ask anyone who has a kidnapped child if they thought it was wonderful that they would celebrate with a tattoo. Or have time to get a tattoo. I could see getting a tattoo if you lost a loved one but that would only be if they were dead and not by your own hand.

What the Anthonys have said on camera to reporters, cannot be held against them.. they are not under oath.
Perjury is a false statement made while under oath, usually in court.
And these "lies" that Cindy supposedly said to LE are not direct lies.. because she was repeating what Casey had said, or what happened to the best of her memory. LE knows this family was under stress, they do take things like that into consideration, and I don't believe it's going to be a big factor in the trial itself.
As to the lies Casey told investigators... that's a whole other topic. I doubt that she will testify in the trial. Most lawyers do not advise that.

1.George tells LE he lost money on Nigerian internet scheme. Cindy's brother Rick says George lost money by on-line gambling.

2. Cindy says during interview she gave several hairbrushes to police for Caylee's DNA sample. List of items given shows only one hairbrush.

3. Cindy tells LE she had a lawyer draw up paperwork so she and George would get guardianship of Caylee if anything happened to Casey. LE contacted lawyer who said he knows nothing of this.

Others?

1. This has nothing to do with this case. Rick might be lying or misinformed... but what difference does it make either way?
2. This might be considered tampering with evidence... but I would think it would have been addressed by LE before now. Further... they have to prove intent, and since Caylee's hair was in the brush... they still got what they wanted, so no harm was done.
3. If the paperwork was never actually filed... then it does not matter, and has no real bearing on the case anyway. Most lawyers have a short memory.

I thought the topic of this thread was supposed to be regarding perjury and possible mistrial.

What the Anthonys have said on camera to reporters, cannot be held against them.. they are not under oath.
And these "lies" that Cindy supposedly said to LE are not direct lies.. because she was repeating what Casey had said, or what happened to the best of her memory. LE knows this family was under stress, they do take things like that into consideration, and I don't believe it's going to be a big factor in the trial itself.
As to the lies Casey told investigators... that's a whole other topic. I doubt that she will testify in the trial. Most lawyers do not advise that.

A statement does not have to be under oath to be used against a person.

Since this is a perjury thread though, I see your point.

I don't see any reson that Cindy's prior statements cannot be used to impeach her credibility at trial. I would consider that to be using the stuff against her...:)
It will be up to the jury to decide what weight to give inconsistencies, how much is caused by stress and can be ignored, and what to believe anyway.

jmho

1. This has nothing to do with this case. Rick might be lying or misinformed... but what difference does it make either way?
2. This might be considered tampering with evidence... but I would think it would have been addressed by LE before now. Further... they have to prove intent, and since Caylee's hair was in the brush... they still got what they wanted, so no harm was done.
3. If the paperwork was never actually filed... then it does not matter, and has no real bearing on the case anyway. Most lawyers have a short memory.

I thought the topic of this thread was supposed to be regarding perjury and possible mistrial.

I don't remember what I was going to say.:Banane57:

Could it be declared a mistrial, w/ so many lies emitting from the Anthony's?

To me it seems VERY obvious that that would be their objective.
From Day one I have said that they are only out to spare Casey because they know fully well that they lost one, and bringing her dead body back will only harm Casey. They do not want Caylee found till long after that trial is over.
It is not as if George does not know the ropes, he is an ex LE.
It is all very calculated to create doubt, uncertainty, in the public mind.
But I do not know how George plans to get away with not knowing any better when he had cleaned the car.... This one continues to baffle me, because it is a no brainier, he knew not to clean the car, Cindy knew not to clean the pants.

I see KC not talking and parents perjury!!! They may be in jail also by that time.......for everything coming to light, cover up.......interferring with evidence. Someone dumb might get away with it, but an X 'homecide' detective and a 'nurse', know the rules, smell and know right from wrong.........and they did WRONG!!
They are parents...I swear I do not know what I would have done to save my kid. I just do not know.
I am not saying what her parents did is right on any level, I am not saying that at all. I am only saying I have no idea how they feel. They lost one CAYLEE they do know that, and they most likely feel that they have to try to spare Casey of the general population in a prison.
I do not think they can sell her up the river, I do not think they are thinking very clearly and may very possibly get in deep chit because of it.

To me it seems VERY obvious that that would be their objective.
From Day one I have said that they are only out to spare Casey because they know fully well that they lost one, and bringing her dead body back will only harm Casey. They do not want Caylee found till long after that trial is over.
It is not as if George does not know the ropes, he is an ex LE.
It is all very calculated to create doubt, uncertainty, in the public mind.
But I do not know how George plans to get away with not knowing any better when he had cleaned the car.... This one continues to baffle me, because it is a no brainier, he knew not to clean the car, Cindy knew not to clean the pants.

I don't think their objective with all these shennanigans is to create a mistrial. They don't have that ability or power at this stage.
They are attempting to play with the trial by creating reasonable doubt that Caylee is deceased.
My opinion is that they should have memorized the phrase :"No comment" long ago.
They should have been tutored in that phrase by their daughter's attorney who also has some kind of strange inability to utter those 2 words.

It seems the only time they have no comment is when it is to tell us all where we could be looking for an alive Caylee. That is a big secret.
We have the tag number of the vehicle with Caylee in it but it is a secret. The state of issue of the license plate is a secret....and on and on and on.....

The fact that the public is being given credit for a failing IQ which is almost brushing idiot level is NOT helping to create reasonable doubt and has gotten annoying in the best light.

I am not bashing the A's here. I am fed up with their actions and I have more empathy for the lawyer who attempted to give them a "soft side" and to garner sympathy for them, MN, than I have for the A's.

It may not be perjury but as far as being "held against them" --- that depends on by whom. It appears to me that CA is being dishonest and deceptive, and LE has even said that she is not telling all she knows. What she says on camera is being processed by the public (and LE) and does not cast her in a very flattering or honest light. The public is outraged and furious with the show this family is determined to play out. Blogs are full of hatred for them - I am not saying that is right, but the A's have brought that all on themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member