Anthony's Computer Forensics

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by DAWN TREADER, Aug 19, 2008.

1. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

Thanks for the link BChand. I think that Tony Pipitone did a good job explaining why Jose's claim that the prosecution purposely buried the "Fool Proof Suffocation" search because it would "destroy" their timeline doesn't add up. They could easily say that George was mistaken on which day KC left at 12:30pm. After all more than a month had passed so that's not surprising to me.

I don't think that the fact that George was wrong about seeing KC leave the house damages his credibility very much or at all in my opinion. This information goes a lot further to disprove JB's drowning story than anything else so I think that his claim that the prosecution "buried" it is ridicules.

2. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

I agree.
    I don't think she left the house early in the day...only after 4pm when we see the cell phone pinging as she drives towards TL's house.

She was glued to the computer that day with only 3 breaks and the 11:59 to 1:39pm break can be attributed to having to prepare lunch, feed Caylee, herself,clean up..diaper change maybe...

3. Smelly Squirrel

Smelly Squirrel Has never crawled into a Pontiac Sunfire

Thanks, I'm behind obviously. Do we know whether those timestamps are calibrated to the actual time?

4. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

I believe the program JWG used rendered the correct timestamps, while the program used by Jose's analyst rendered the incorrect timestamp. I understand the program used by Jose's analyst was an older version of the program used by JWG. So, yes these are believed to be the correct timestamps.

5. Intermezzo

6. Intermezzo

The key words in that paragraph, imo, "based on the evidence I was given"...He was confident on his analysis based on what Baez gave him.

What about the software program he was using? I don't see him mention that he verified that it was the most up to date version.

7. Intermezzo

BBM
    Spot on!

8. Charterhouse

Charterhouse New Member

Thank you JWG and AZlawyer for all the work you have done after the case was over. I and many others appreciate it. It sure seals the deal for me.

Regarding JB's expert: It would have gone a long way for him to say "I am sorry". "I did the best I could with what I had at the time", rather than take the route that he did. I am sorry you had to deal with that.

Thanks again for going above and beyond.

9. beach

beach Verified Expert

10. BondJamesBond

BondJamesBond Blunt Instrument

If you're missing a post from this thread, I just moved a half-dozen that were veering into 'theories' space over to the Theories #9 thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191326"]here.[/ame]

Carry on.

11. Charterhouse

Charterhouse New Member

Double post. Sorry

But just another opportunity to say "Thank You" AZlawyer and JWG

12. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

The raw data files have now been posted in a "sticky" at the top of the forum.

13. beach

beach Verified Expert

I also move a couple over to the Sidebar thread, so check there too.

This is a very important topical thread. Please help us by keeping the discussion on this thread limited to the Computer Forensics topic.

:tyou:

14. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Lots and lots of docs. lol
    Cindy suspected that Casey was coming back to the house. Heck, her groceries were disappearing.

ETA: this is connected to the discussion of the searches found and an explanation as to why it appears that some of the searches supposedly appeared AFTER Casey had left the house.

15. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

Whichever member of the defense team recently said that the June 16 AIM/FB/MS activity couldn't have been Casey because there was similar activity on June 17 when Casey "was no longer at the house" might want to double-check some of the evidence. I show (using JWG's times from the more current computer forensic software) Casey-like activity on the home computer 3:14-3:27 pm. Cell phone pings show Casey in the area of the Anthony home from about 2:30 pm until after 4 pm that day. (Note that the cell pings wouldn't match up with the computer activity if we used JB's time stamps (one hour earlier).) Activity on the desktop and Casey's laptop computers were both high at this time, as though files were being transferred from one to the other, and the Caylee nursing home videos in particular were transferred to the laptop at 3:28 pm--just after "whoever" had finished checking Facebook, MySpace, etc.

So, Defense Team Member whose name I forget, I think it's pretty obvious that the June 17 activity was Casey as well.

16. ZubenElSchemali

ZubenElSchemali New Member

Thank you both. It appears though, that the raw data files are only partial. For example, the owner account is missing the fool-proof search. I only find shot girls searches. Have a good night.

17. Ricki

Ricki Well-Known Member

Look at line 215. It' there.

18. JWG

JWG Active Member

I just checked access to the "history1 (password protected owner account).dat" file via both the link I provided as well as direct access to the file in my public dropbox folder (which is where it is located), and I see the search there in the raw data. I opened up my Mac Textedit app, did a search for "fool", and it showed right up.

19. JWG

JWG Active Member

Here is a screen capture of the relevant part of the file.

Attached Files:

20. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

JWG, I so admire your thoroughness and patience! And your ever present courtesy.