Anthony's in Denial? Why Stand by Casey? POLL ADDED Part#2

What Do You Think Are The Reason(s) The Anthony's Are Standing Beside Casey...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a different YouTube video where George's best friend is talking to Tim Miller?
I did not see that on this YouTube video??????
TIA

Here it is ThinkTank. At 1:19 on the tape.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-P2NEQz17s&feature=related[/ame]

wow--this is really interesting. I think I had heard this before-----(but forgot it??) he says she probably died in her sandbox (or wound up there) according to his "vision" and also she might have left her unattended while "with guys". HMMMMMMMMM.

This was interesting! Visions can be interpreted in many ways. I understand that RG said when he saw the picture of Caylee in the sandbox it reminded him of his vision. But, as I was listening to him describe it, it reminded me of where she was finally found. By a "very large man" ~ Kronk? Sand, dirt shavings and the smell of water. What color was the house on the corner nearest to where she was found on Suburban? Was it grey?

Yep, the Anthonys are in denial. Not that innocent, "my-brain-won't-let-me-process-the-facts" type of denial. But they're in the "if-it-doesn't-fit-Casey-is-innocent-it-can't-be-true" type of denial. Devious!

Yep, the Anthonys are in denial. Not that innocent, "my-brain-won't-let-me-process-the-facts" type of denial. But they're in the "if-it-doesn't-fit-Casey-is-innocent-it-can't-be-true" type of denial. Devious!

Snipped by me. ITA. And I think it's more of them still wanting to be better than anyone else, especially Cindy. I think she's of the mind that Casey didn't do this because something like this just can't happen in Cindy's family. So in order to keep believing that, everyone else has to be wrong, and since she is above everyone else, then that means she has to be right. I've been around people kind of like this before. No matter what happens, they still consider themselves to be special, and if something bad happens, well it's just not what everyone thinks it is and no one will understand but that family, so the world gets the middle finger.

She can't let go of her pride and narcissism, so even if Casey is a murderer, Cindy probably thinks she's different than every other murderer out there and there has to be a good reason Casey murdered Caylee. She just can't grasp that Casey is just evil and there is no good reason that Caylee died. In her world, that is just not possible, and it has lead her to be the crazy, in denial mother and grandmother this whole time. I think she'll give excuses for what Casey did the rest of her life and never admit the truth to herself or anyone else. That's what makes it easy for her to accuse innocent people. If Casey didn't do this, it has to be someone else, and there are a lot of people to be blamed just so Cindy can keep rationalizing that Casey didn't do it. She doesn't care who gets accused as long as it's not Casey.

GA, I think, is starting to break. He can't go along with Cindy anymore and I think he loves Casey but really dislikes who she is and what she has become. He may even have regret for letting Cindy take care of everything. I don't think he'll ever publicly say anything against his daughter, but he probably will be relieved when she gets LWOP at the very least. I don't think he wants her back at home, but Cindy seems to think she can just bring Casey back home and fix her. I just don't get why she doesn't seem to have the same love and reverence for GA and LA. Why does the one person in that family that made her life complete hell still deserve her love and devotion more than anyone else in her family?

Somebody else also mentioned that they probably have not thought of what to do with Casey if she were to come home. Would they just let her keep stealing and lying and hurting people to get what she wants? Would they kick her out onto the streets? Do they worry that she might kill them if she had the chance?

Sometimes I think Cindy won't get it until she's dying by Casey's hands. It's like there's nothing to make her accept reality unless it's her own life on the line. Hmmmm, does that sound familiar?

At first maybe in denial-Then it metamorphosed after Caylee's body was found-they were no longer in denial, they were in de-Ritz, in de-Caribbean, and in de-48 Hours Special.
They are standing by KC because they acknowledge precisely what she did and the price she could have to pay. They want to protect her, to covet her and to covet Caylee's significance to our society.

Sometimes I think Cindy won't get it until she's dying by Casey's hands. It's like there's nothing to make her accept reality unless it's her own life on the line. Hmmmm, does that sound familiar?

Respectfully snipped and BBM-

KC is already killing CA. As many nasty grams as I could send CA's way, I will not deny that Caylee's murder must have taken an ugly physical toll on her. And part of her heart and soul is gone.
It's not as if CA lost Caylee in a car accident and KC is on life support-a human event that is horribly sad but where one can peacefully come to terms with the accident even if both are lost-
Rather, this is a vicious, violent murder of her grandchild by her daughter, it is not something that she could ever be at peace with. There can hardly be a melancholy reminder when everything is so tainted.

Behind closed doors, CA has emotions to deal with. Behind closed bars, KC doesn't have emotions at all-It puts KC at a distinct advantage in their war against one another. CA will have to do something she has never done before if she stands a chance at recovery-Confront KC in public-In the past, KC has always received her tongue lashings behind closed doors, only Jesse has been privy to the assaults. Can CA tarnish her perfect family fantasy by giving KC a public spanking via her testimony? Doubt it.

Why does the one person in that family that made her (Cindy's) life complete hell still deserve her love and devotion more than anyone else in her family?

RS and BBM...

This is an interesting question and possibly fodder for its own thread, but IMO Cindy projected so much of her own unexpressed 'stuff' onto Casey that for Cindy to denounce her daughter publicly would be to denounce herself, psychologically.

I really wonder, before KC's pregnancy, how much CA encouraged her to focus on her looks, her ability to attract attention from men, etc. It seems to me that CA raised her children with a certain view of what was expected of a woman--meticulously clean house, outwardly perfect marriage to attractive man who you stick with thru the rocky parts, two kids & a two car garage, be the breadwinner if need be, and make sure everyone is smiling in the Christmas family portrait, metaphorically. But did CA ever cut loose and just party in her younger years? If not, did she project onto her daughter an image of what she might have been/done if she hadn't been busily creating & maintaining the "perfect" antiseptic life?

To wrap this back to the topic at hand--the only reason I can rationally conceive of that CA is defending KC is that her identity is so enmeshed with KC's that whatever KC acts out is a projection of an aspect of CA that was suppressed/repressed. It's not denial but a deep systemic dysfunction. And it does not excuse either of them. It actually makes me wonder how CA felt about her pregnancy with/the birth of KC...

This is of course all MOO as a totally unverified anything except observer of human behavior. Verified psychologists, please weigh in, Jungians especially...

Ynot:
Your post really hit a nerve with me. My mother's favorite child makes her life hell as well. She cannot do enough for her. Wrecks a car? Buys her another one. Abandons her children during an alcohol blackout? Calls me to get the kids. Leaves the windows open and the A/C on full blast? Pays her electric bill. Gets fired? Pays her rent...no no buys her a trailer and pays her bills. Makes all kinds of excuses for her. Yet this is the one child who swears at her face to face. She has tried for 50 years to buy love from her child. I view it as sicko game which has alienated both of them from the rest of the family. It is painful to be around my mother because she is totally consumed with my sister. The more miserable my sister is the happier my mother is to rescue her while desperately hoping for a crumb of gratitude. My mother wants love from the one person who will never give it.

I believe it is a delusion not denial - delusions are almost impossible to disprove to the believer - they resort in circular reasoning - i.e. there is a dog so there is a nanny -

Cindys delusion about KC is that she is exactly like her and her best friend and therefore incapable of murder.

Ynot:
Your post really hit a nerve with me. My mother's favorite child makes her life hell as well. She cannot do enough for her. Wrecks a car? Buys her another one. Abandons her children during an alcohol blackout? Calls me to get the kids. Leaves the windows open and the A/C on full blast? Pays her electric bill. Gets fired? Pays her rent...no no buys her a trailer and pays her bills. Makes all kinds of excuses for her. Yet this is the one child who swears at her face to face. She has tried for 50 years to buy love from her child. I view it as sicko game which has alienated both of them from the rest of the family. It is painful to be around my mother because she is totally consumed with my sister. The more miserable my sister is the happier my mother is to rescue her while desperately hoping for a crumb of gratitude. My mother wants love from the one person who will never give it.

Co-dependancy is so hard to understand. I dated an alcoholic whose mother was extremely co-dependant and totally enabled him...his drinking and violent behavior. And every time she says she's had enough, she's done. This is the LAST TIME! A week later same thing. The cycle repeats. I believe Cindy feels loads of guilt about Caylee's death. I believe there was a huge fight on the 15th in which alot of her guilt is from that. I can sympathise/understand that along w/ her guilt over NOT trying to get sole custody of Caylee. What I cannot sympathise(sp?) or understand is why she still sits on KC's side of the court roomand continues denying KC had anything to do with it. I believe she knows deep down it was KC but she choses to suppirt the person who murdered her granddaughter. They do NOTHING to want justice for Caylee, and it makes me soooo mad and so sick!

If G and C had not been so outrageous in their defense of KC, they would not have commanded the media attention that they received. If they had simply stated that they loved their daughter and supported her, without the crazy attention grabbing tactics that they employed, they would not have been invited on national TV and been so richly rewarded for their videos and photos. There is a monetary component to all of this. I voted none of the above because I feel that the A's were very well aware that by throwing themselves into the spotlight there was a possibility of making very big bucks for themselves, nothing to do with KC and surely nothing to do with Caylee.

Just how does one go about supporting ICA? Seriously.

CA isn't in that boat drifting down the river of Denial. CA has orchestrated from the day Caylee disappeared the moves the A clan has followed. She has with malice and forethought used every method known to her to deflect and manipulate every piece of evidence which has surfaced, been collected and verified by the FBI. CA has continued to attempt to shift blame onto innocent people who unfortunately had the misfortune to know ICA.

Even if that lightening bolt moment hit her square between her brain cells of reasonability of the truth, CA still will want and try to control the situation and outcome.

No, there is no denial with the A clan of who is responsible for Caylee's murder. CA knows. Her self image is more important than anything, including ICA. For all CA has done to obstruct justice, the end result CA will face won't be what she expects. As CA grows older, she will discover her own mortality and learn there are no do-overs in life.

So how does CA support ICA, by first taking responsibility for her own actions, then allow the judicial system to take it's course.

But CA can't do that for if she did, she would have to admit her actions caused the murder of Caylee. And no the A clan is NOT in a darn if they do, darn if they don't position. They can at any time admit the truth but they are so far into their lies to the authorities to admit the circumstances of Caylees murder, they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave