Anthonys May Sue Over Merchandise being Sold

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Truth Seeker, May 17, 2011.

1. Truth Seeker

Truth Seeker New Member

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27920672/detail.html?source=orlpn

POSTED: Tuesday, May 17, 2011
    UPDATED: 9:52 am EDT May 17, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney representing the parents of Casey Anthony said he will fight to put a halt to people trying to profit from the murder case centered around his clients' granddaughter.

T-shirts, pins, underwear and other items invoking the names of Casey and Caylee Anthony are being sold on the Internet, including eBay.

2. Loading...

3. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Oh, my! The Anthonys' new attorney is sue-trigger-happy. Let's see now... Who else can he/they sue?

4. lillygator

lillygator Active Member

oh geez....you'd think what they have on their plate is enough to worry about.

5. iowalovescaylee

iowalovescaylee New Member

Oh NO!!! We can't have anyone making money from exploiting Caylee except for them!!! Cindy does hold the Caylee Anthony registered trademark, ya know...**eyeroll**

6. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Looks like the Anthonys found their dream lawyer.

7. JenniferTx

JenniferTx www.tristatrace.wordpress .com

I wonder if they are really wanting to sue because they want to get their piece of the pie $$$$$$$$$$$ :banghead:

Kinda like selling the pictures of Caylee.

8. Blue Jackets fan

Blue Jackets fan New Member

[​IMG]

9. Solace

Solace New Member

They should sue. People are profiting off their name. They don't have to do a thing. Their lawyer does.

10. Truth Seeker

Truth Seeker New Member

Exactly!! that's how ICA paid $250000 to HB by selling pictures of Caylee after she killed her! :sick:

11. goldleaf

goldleaf New Member

I think there is a sleazy foundation that does no work in Caylee's name that should be sued

12. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

wow.. they have become sue-happy

what next?

13. belle3

belle3 New Member

I have never agreed with the anthony's on anything. That being said, I think that anyone out there selling tshirts and buttons is just LOW. This is a baby that was killed and thrown out like trash. Regardless of who did it and the circus that has been created, and who created that circus, someone must protect her memory, and at this point, the only ones that can, are the ones that did. Whatever their motivation for it is, at this point, it was the right thing to do. all imo

14. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

This seems to be the only thing these Anthonys care about. I have never seen such money grubbing people.
    When Cindy copyrighted Caylees name only 3 months into this ordeal she tipped her hand as to what her motives were all about. Sickening.:sick:

15. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Maybe the Anthonys want some of the focus (and heat) taken off what's going on in the courtroom. They're making their own headlines with the lawsuits. Can't let Casey be the center of attention, ya know. George and Cindy need some face-time, too.

16. Solace

Solace New Member

She copywrited the name because people were trying to use it to sell things. We don't have all the facts about why Cindy did that. So far they have not tried to profit off of Caylee, but if there are people selling t-shirts, etc., I would sue in a second. Why should she let anyone profit off that. Surprised anyone thinks it is ok.

17. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Active Member

He might be able to stop people sellling that stuff on ebay, but as to the rest of the Internet- good luck with that!
    The A's already copyrighted her name!
    Can you imagine the thinking behind that? Sleaze.

18. Chablis

Chablis Inactive

I would sue as well. What gives anyone the right to sell stuff with their grandaughter on it? Who would even buy it? Why would someone do that? If I search ebay will I see t-shirts about Shaniya Davis or Haleigh Cummings? It baffles me why this case is so big, truly. jmo

19. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Active Member

They have not profited off Caylee? What do you think the 20K that ABC gave them was for- and they only disclosed that amount because they were FORCED to. Lord knows how much they have made otherwise...

20. Solace

Solace New Member

Why is it sleaze? They saw the Caylee doll was out there. They were protecting Caylee's name. I would sue for it also.

21. Solace

Solace New Member

Agreed Chablis. I think anyone would if they saw people profiting off the name of their grandchild. Cindy can't get a break and that is the way I see it. She is so disliked that anything she does is suspect and basically hated, imo.