Anthony's Paid Fees For Video, Pictures Used In Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
A comment... "Licensing fees" are used by the news programs as their way of separating themselves from "tabloid" news like the Enquirer - so they can say they don't pay for interviews - but we all know they do and I'm not as upset about them paying as I am about them trying to say they aren't. At least the "tabloids" admit that's how they get their stories - who is more reputable - the one who admits it or the one who hides it!

A question... Someone brought up son of sam laws which are supposed to prohibit the perp from profiting from the crime but wouldn't the A's relationship to the victim as well as the perp make them "exempt" from those laws? I mean, they couldn't be stopped from book deals or interviews or outright selling their story to the Enquirer by those laws since their connection is not only to the killer but to the victim as well - right?

The A's haven't been formally accused of any crime; KC hasn't been convicted. All three can profit at the moment. In the future, after KC has been convicted, she isn't to profit but her family members still can, unless it can be shown that they are profiting through her. Like if KC draws pictures and the A's try to sell them, that can be legally stopped, iirc. If KC writes a book and the A's try to sell it, that can be legally stopped, iirc. However, if the A's want to sell pictures of Caylee in perpetuity, (hence the copyrighting of her very name), they can; and they can write books; etc. etc. etc. unless and until they are convicted of a felony in connection with this case. That's my recollection of FL law on these matters, anyway.

Thank goodness that Mr. Luca let this little gem out of the bag, otherwise we wouldn't have known yet this admission of CA. (We all knew it, but to have her admit it under oath, is priceless.) I know Morgan, Mitnick and Jesse and Amy's lawyers are just loving this! This is the answer for everyone who keeps asking why sue them civilly, they are in bankruptcy.......not for long, they plan to make a fortune off this story. What was interesting is that it came as a surprise to Lee. For what it is worth, I do admire that he hasn't sold his story, I trust he has been offered huge, life changing amounts of money to do so. I am sure Andrea is screaming at the screen just shoot me! There is going to be a lot of hay made with this by the DA during the trial while they are impeaching Cindy.
bbm

That is SO Funny! I can just picture her.

Well let's put the licensing fees in perspective.
Here's what other notable parents of missing/murdered obtained as payment for photos of their dead children,
Mark Klaas- zero
Mark Lunsford-zero
Beth Holloway-zero
Joshua Duckett-zero
John Ramsay-zero
Ron Cummings- zero
Shall I go on?

Oh, of course, the Anthonys- at least $200K that we know of, but probably 5 times that is their goal.

As I've posted many, many times, that was one of my first clues they all knew Caylee was NOT missing. If a child is missing, one begs to get their picture in the media; one does not charge for it!!

I believe this case has shown all of America that the Son of Sam laws need to be revamped.

Not only should the defendant not be able to acquire financial gains after a conviction the defendant and there family, lawyers, and anyone working on their behalf should not be able to profit other then standard fees for said services at any point after they have been arrested for said crime.

The money for those fees should come from the defendant or their immediate family.

Third parties should not be able to provide or filter finances to the defendant for legal fees and other fees associated with their defense.

Someone is behind the scenes financing Casey's defense in order to get rights to profits made from various media deals. (ABC, CBS, Geraldo, ect)

This case has shown the true greed in the media and all of the individuals profiting from this case should be penalized one way or another for their actions in this case.

All of these individuals/entities are profiting off the death of this poor innocent little girl (blood money). This to me is just as horrible as if these entities providing money to the A's actually killed Caylee themselves. Her blood and the injustice she is getting is on there hands as much as it is on Casey's imho.

I will say it's a different thing entirely to report on this story and be an advocate for the victim much like Kathi Belich and others have been. Compared to what we are seeing from the ones paying this blood money. My hats off to honest journalist who have proven not everyone in the media is profiteers no matter what the moral cost.

Mind if I copy this verbatim to send to my reps in congress? :)

Great article! I think "fair market value" for "photo licensing fees" (what a EUPHEMISM) should be a fixed amount and not dependent on the notoriety of the case.

And it sure shouldn't go over four figures. If CA wants that kind of money she can go peddle her lies to the Enquirer (who would probably expose them anyway).

Well at least LA has enough class not to pimp out his little murdered niece. Jeepers!

Well if RK was paid 20k for the picture of the rattlesnake I can probably guess pretty accurately that G&CA have received in the big 6 figures so far for their interviews etc. A repugnant way to make a living - reserved for the morally bereft! :banghead:

respectfully snipped & bolded by me

Marspiter,

I understand your frustration and I agree these laws should be revisited but I would not want to see it go so far that I could not help a friend pay for an a lawyer just because I wasn't family. And for that matter, if I were accused of a crime (of which I'd be innocent - of course) I wouldn't want others restricted from helping me if they chose to do so. Yes, a case like this where it is so clearly abused makes us crazy and we want to stop the madness, and the laws need to be strengthened - but (to use a phrase my mother did) we should not cut off our nose to spite our faces.

I think marspiter's intent was those with a profit motive, like media. I don't think his proposal would prevent interested private parties from contributing anything they like to whomever they like. It's the corporate investment in crime that is such a shock to the conscience.

The A's haven't been formally accused of any crime; KC hasn't been convicted. All three can profit at the moment. In the future, after KC has been convicted, she isn't to profit but her family members still can, unless it can be shown that they are profiting through her. Like if KC draws pictures and the A's try to sell them, that can be legally stopped, iirc. If KC writes a book and the A's try to sell it, that can be legally stopped, iirc. However, if the A's want to sell pictures of Caylee in perpetuity, (hence the copyrighting of her very name), they can; and they can write books; etc. etc. etc. unless and until they are convicted of a felony in connection with this case. That's my recollection of FL law on these matters, anyway.

BBM

Wow, the possible future income stream of the Anthony's just flashed before my eyes.

Lawsuits. Suing anybody and everybody with pictures, video or anything of Caylee's up on the web, suing to have it taken down unless you pay licensing fees. :furious:

I hope I'm wrong!

Thank goodness that Mr. Luca let this little gem out of the bag, otherwise we wouldn't have known yet this admission of CA. (We all knew it, but to have her admit it under oath, is priceless.) I know Morgan, Mitnick and Jesse and Amy's lawyers are just loving this! This is the answer for everyone who keeps asking why sue them civilly, they are in bankruptcy.......not for long, they plan to make a fortune off this story. What was interesting is that it came as a surprise to Lee. For what it is worth, I do admire that he hasn't sold his story, I trust he has been offered huge, life changing amounts of money to do so. I am sure Andrea is screaming at the screen just shoot me! There is going to be a lot of hay made with this by the DA during the trial while they are impeaching Cindy.

I felt he had a purpose in releasing that information, he didn't give the impression it was just 'let out of the bag' - by describing Cindy's actions he could then compare her with his client, Lee, who apparently has not made any money, and no longer needs to be accompanied by an Attorney everywhere just in case he says something incriminating..

BBM

Wow, the possible future income stream of the Anthony's just flashed before my eyes.

Lawsuits. Suing anybody and everybody with pictures, video or anything of Caylee's up on the web, suing to have it taken down unless you pay licensing fees. :furious:

I hope I'm wrong!

The price of all those articles have been paid for by Caylee's life, that might just price them out of the market. At least I hope so, if purchasers have any scruples whatsoever.

You know, I just keep thinking about CA pocketing the cash from KC's wallet. Is anyone surprised she jumped on the profit potential of her own grandchild's murder?

You know, I just keep thinking about CA pocketing the cash from KC's wallet. Is anyone surprised she jumped on the profit potential of her own grandchild's murder?

I have always thought that was very suspect! That could be Amy's cash or could have belonged to TL, in any case, it just shows the feeling of entitlement the A's have with every thing in their life. The first reaction of most "normal" grandparents would be finding their granddaughter not pocketing cash found in the perps purse.:waitasec:

No. Her pocketing that was pretty foul, especially when she had warned several of KC's friends she was a thief. I'm sure a 22 yo kid starting out needed that money returned more than Cindy needed to steal it. How could she have assumed it was hers when she hadn't even seen KC in 31 days??
I'm just in complete awe at how low these people stoop.

I'd like to see CNN or someone, offer them a few million to tell the truth. Bet they'd take the deal in 2 seconds flat. They could blame the inconsistancies on Zanny's script. I #^)*(&)(*_) despise these people.:sick:

Hiya Lin! And IIRC didn't Amy tell CA she had been a victim of theft by her daughter? CA said something along the lines of ... too bad for you. Whether Amy told her before or after she pocketed the money you'd think she'd have given it to the young woman. No shame.

ITA lin!! The Anthony money train started very early on-like day 31 or 32 when the Milsteads and Baez showed up!! IMO Cindy was a willing and eager student of those who know how to profit from tragedy. The offers to be on every media outlet had to be overwhelming for G&C. Someone "schooled" them very quickly on how to turn a picture into a dollar and how the media doesn't "pay for interviews" but they do pay for "licensing fees"!
Does anyone remember the date Cindy had Caylee's name copywritten or trademarked?:waitasec:

ITA lin!! The Anthony money train started very early on-like day 31 or 32 when the Milsteads and Baez showed up!! IMO Cindy was a willing and eager student of those who know how to profit from tragedy. The offers to be on every media outlet had to be overwhelming for G&C. Someone "schooled" them very quickly on how to turn a picture into a dollar and how the media doesn't "pay for interviews" but they do pay for "licensing fees"!
Does anyone remember the date Cindy had Caylee's name copywritten or trademarked?:waitasec:

IIRC, it was around the time of the trust fund and the trust fund was shut down originally in late September, 2008:

http://www.wesh.com/news/17523471/detail.html

IIRC, it was around the time of the trust fund and the trust fund was shut down originally in late September, 2008:

http://www.wesh.com/news/17523471/detail.html

That's very interesting! I forgot about Larry Garrison! Does anyone remember when he came into the picture? I know they parted ways when Cindy accused him of getting a cut ($6500.00 IIRC) from NBC! Wow-Cindy sure got media saavy in a hurry-didn't she?
money.gif

Well if RK was paid 20k for the picture of the rattlesnake I can probably guess pretty accurately that G&CA have received in the big 6 figures so far for their interviews etc. A repugnant way to make a living - reserved for the morally bereft! :banghead:

According to the rules as they exist, under no circumstance could the rumor be true that ABC is going to pay Dr. Lee and some of the other legal experts fees, right? Please, say there is no way this would be tolerated. I saw that her on W/S many months agao and dismissed it as silly, but now that we see how the loopholes are various and sundry, I guess stranger things have happened.One of the legal eagles, put my mind to rest, please.

That's very interesting! I forgot about Larry Garrison! Does anyone remember when he came into the picture? I know they parted ways when Cindy accused him of getting a cut ($6500.00 IIRC) from NBC! Wow-Cindy sure got media saavy in a hurry-didn't she?
money.gif

Didn't KioMarie make about 20k AND Ricardo sold "pictures" for a large amount too? I wish all this money was being donated to Charities that help troubled young mothers or something constructive like Texas Equisearch. Just the stint at the Ritz could have financed a lot of good, good works. (They will likely live to regret that little media paid luxury because meanwhile Hoover was back at their home photographing and going through their things for an hour or two.See how that works.):banghead:

I think we've all been wondering who the bald headed guy is who is always in court with the A's. Well it's none other than Jim Lichtenstein http://www.j2sc.com/jiml.htm
He's a producer.

"Well, isn't that special?": The church lady on SNL

lol!

This is sooooo telling that he has been sitting there, practically petting Cindy wiping her tears, etc for all of the hearings and now we have the special that she is being paid big bucks for. Gee ...no wonder Casey doesn't acknowledge her, her mother is putting the nails in her coffin with this stuff, selling her story. I thought Andrea tried to get the Anthonys to stop the media tours, but alas,....they have to eat, right?

There is no , zero, sympathy left for these folks, they should have remained silent after the memorial when they did have some. Now they are a mockery to families that truly are "missing their children". It is somehow very offensive, indeed.

WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members