Anthonys Seek Private Jail Visit With Casey

It already is done for other inmates.

No inmate gets a "private" visit.

"You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say may and will be used against you in a court of law"

Other inmates have visitors, yes. But there is no privacy. Conversations may be monitorred, recorded and used. the only private conversations an inmate has is with their lawyer, and with clergy.

Now the A's could appeal to a judge to block the release of any jailhouse recordings to the public or the media, at least until the time of the trial, or until or unless they are admitted as evidence at trial. That would probably be a reasonable request. But it will require the judge to do it. The Jail and Sherriff are constrained by foe laws and requests, and cannot simply opt to not release the tapes if properly requested.

Ha, and people were saying they'd lay low after the funeral. How many hours has it been? Good. Now the pity party can end.

I hope they don't get one. They are not SPECIAL! Seriously--NO NO NO.

How many other inmates have their visits with their family on TV night after night? It seems LE and the jail as well as Nancy Grace and friends are the ones that have made them "special" by doing so.

Ok...now you made it clearer...I don't think LE will be the major obstacle here...it'll be lil 'ole JB. I could see LE going along with BC's request just to p*ss him (JB) off.

I agree. JB will never allow it. I don't think Casey will agree to it anyway. She doesn't want any visits from the family, IMO, whether the video is released or not.

Which would only mean something if the Anthony's were asking for a private untaped visit. AGAIN, they're only asking that the video not be released to the public.

From the link:

ORLANDO, Fla. - George and Cindy Anthony's lawyer confirmed that the family wants to set up a special private video visit with Casey Anthony.

Brad Conway, the Anthonys attorney, said the family realizes the video session with Casey Anthony would have to be monitored by jail staff but they do not want a video of it released.

I wonder if the Judge excludes a video such as this from the Sunshine laws, if it could be brought in to the trial?
I do understand that if it is visitation the way we have already seen, then LE can watch as it is happening.

Of course it is. All that the A's are asking is that the video not be released to the public. Other inmates have videotaped visits - I'd be willing to bet that not one of those videos can be found online. The A's aren't asking for anything special or out of the ordinary. Just the opposite, they're asking for the same treatment everyone else gets.

I am sure they would be released, under the sunshine law, if anyone would ask for them.

We don't know if there has never been one released on another case.

I have mixed feelings on this one.

On the one hand I agree with those who say she shouldn't have any special treatment and if it's standard procedure for all inmate visits to be taped and therefore released under the sunshine laws of FL then I don't really see how an exception could be made.

On the other hand, if I were the A's, I would have many things to say to Casey that were important for me to say to her for my own emotional state. While I would hope what I had to say would convince Casey to tell the truth, I would need to say those things whether she did or not. I would want her to tell the truth and I would want her to be convicted and punished for her crimes but I wouldn't want my conversation with her to be the reason she was convicted - I wouldn't want to be the one to drive the nails in the coffin. Aside from that, I wouldn't really care if the tape was released but I am pretty sure that JB wouldn't allow the meeting to take place if he didn't have some assurances that either it wouldn't be taped or the tape would not be released.

Whether one likes the A's or detests them, I think everyone can agree this is a horrible situation for any family to be in and I cannot imagine how they will ever be able to get through it. If allowing a meeting to take place without the camera on will help them without creating too much of a mess with the legal system (& other inmates) then perhaps it should be done. It isn't like it's going to get Casey off the hook or anything so why not give them some private time to speak their mind?

JMO

Ok, question...why do they have to make EVERYTHING known? Just curious. I mean you want everyone to respect your privacy, so why make this public knowledge?

I think they should put them in the room and promise not to videotape. (Insert fingers crossed and wink wink icon here) At the end they should say "Oops, I lied." Me one, you two hundred. Then this piece of public property paid for by tax payers and open to the public through the wonderful Sunshine laws can be released.

Did the A's mention who should pay for the extra guards, monitors, prisoner moving, extra security needed at every turn, and the utilities and mortgage on the facility so that they can have an unprecedented meeting with their little murderer? Maybe they would like Ruth's Chris to cater their little get together. I also think they may need a full bar and a masseuse. Who wants ice cream?

I reckon they can just keep passing notes through their little postman. I still cannot believe that stunt is legal.

It would not be lying it would be telling a MISTRUTH .:dance:

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this question but, did KC ever come out and say "I did not kill Caylee"?

No, she said "I would never let anything happen to my daughter" and answered "no" when police asked her if there was something that happened that she was afraid to say because her mother would be mad or no one would understand. Also "I would never do what they are saying."

I think there is nothing wrong with a private meeting of just the 4 of them. They don't want the tape to be released because they are going to try to convince her to confess and their begging will lead to problems at trial if they continue with "she is innocent". The Sheriff approved the private GA/KC meeting and if not for JB, it would have happened. If anyone can get her to talk, it would be Lee. She knows how much he loves her and will stand by her no matter what.

No inmate gets a "private" visit.

"You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say may and will be used against you in a court of law"

Other inmates have visitors, yes. But there is no privacy. Conversations may be monitorred, recorded and used. the only private conversations an inmate has is with their lawyer, and with clergy.

Now the A's could appeal to a judge to block the release of any jailhouse recordings to the public or the media, at least until the time of the trial, or until or unless they are admitted as evidence at trial. That would probably be a reasonable request. But it will require the judge to do it. The Jail and Sherriff are constrained by foe laws and requests, and cannot simply opt to not release the tapes if properly requested.

Bold - And that may be exactly what BC intends to do. Where is the problem?

I have mixed feelings on this one.

On the one hand I agree with those who say she shouldn't have any special treatment and if it's standard procedure for all inmate visits to be taped and therefore released under the sunshine laws of FL then I don't really see how an exception could be made.

On the other hand, if I were the A's, I would have many things to say to Casey that were important for me to say to her for my own emotional state. While I would hope what I had to say would convince Casey to tell the truth, I would need to say those things whether she did or not. I would want her to tell the truth and I would want her to be convicted and punished for her crimes but I wouldn't want my conversation with her to be the reason she was convicted - I wouldn't want to be the one to drive the nails in the coffin. Aside from that, I wouldn't really care if the tape was released but I am pretty sure that JB wouldn't allow the meeting to take place if he didn't have some assurances that either it wouldn't be taped or the tape would not be released.

Whether one likes the A's or detests them, I think everyone can agree this is a horrible situation for any family to be in and I cannot imagine how they will ever be able to get through it. If allowing a meeting to take place without the camera on will help them without creating too much of a mess with the legal system (& other inmates) then perhaps it should be done. It isn't like it's going to get Casey off the hook or anything so why not give them some private time to speak their mind?

JMO

I agree with you, and no doubt this could have already happened, however Baez will not allow it. He knows that she breaks in the presence of her family, and when they cry, she cries (not for her daughter, but for them).. he doesn't want this thing to end, he is all out for himself.
My honest opinion is if they care for their daughter the way they claim, and stand behind her, then a meeting being released should not faze them in the least bit.
If it were my child, no matter if I thought they were guilty or not, I wouldn't care if the world seen me say what I needed to say. I really wouldn't.

I don't see where the A's are asking for special treatment. They're asking for the same treatment all other inmates receive.

Tar and feather me, too!

I would be okay with it all long as LE/FBI view and listen in.

I think it might actually be a good idea.

Of course it is. All that the A's are asking is that the video not be released to the public. Other inmates have videotaped visits - I'd be willing to bet that not one of those videos can be found online. The A's aren't asking for anything special or out of the ordinary. Just the opposite, they're asking for the same treatment everyone else gets.

I agree with you 100%,why not? I hope if it is allowed that JB is not there!!!,I think the A's need this,and though I might be curious, I ,for one ,sure hope this request is granted.

No, she said "I would never let anything happen to my daughter" and answered "no" when police asked her if there was something that happened that she was afraid to say because her mother would be mad or no one would understand. Also "I would never do what they are saying."

I think there is nothing wrong with a private meeting of just the 4 of them. They don't want the tape to be released because they are going to try to convince her to confess and their begging will lead to problems at trial if they continue with "she is innocent". The Sheriff approved the private GA/KC meeting and if not for JB, it would have happened. If anyone can get her to talk, it would be Lee. She knows how much he loves her and will stand by her no matter what.
Are you thinking that if they were to do this they'd be spared a trial? That somehow they really could convince Casey to fess up? Or do you think they want this to finally have the answers they so rightfully deserve? In any case, she could care less. Unfortunately, the As...like the rest of us may never know what REALLY happened.

Are we sure the jail rules haven’t been outpaced by technology?

We know that there is no prohibition against Jose bringing in a laptop with an aircard that connects to the internet.

What’s to stop him from logging into skype and letting his client have a videocall with her family in the privacy of a meeting room?

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/

JB won't permit it, he wants complete control over KC. He probably thinks this is the case of a lifetime and he's not going to risk losing it. I think the Anthonys may try to talk KC into getting another attorney. George made it clear he didn't like him. The statement JB read of KC's just made family problems public, something I'm sure they aren't happy about.

JB won't permit it, he wants complete control over KC. He probably thinks this is the case of a lifetime and he's not going to risk losing it. I think the Anthonys may try to talk KC into getting another attorney. George made it clear he didn't like him. The statement JB read of KC's just made family problems public, something I'm sure they aren't happy about.
Yes, this rings true to me.

I think the last thing Jose wants is for the Anthonys to have access to Casey, because he can't control what they'd say.

Question?
If the Sheriffs Department were to allow this, we know that it would be Casey on one end and G, C, and Lee on the other end..Would Baez be allowed to sit next to Casey and tell her what she can or cannot say to them?
Or would he be forced to watch like LE?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back