Any Elisa Updates At All?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the Canadian and American news, there have been some much higher-profile cases dominating the crime news, for instance Jodi Arias, TJ Lane, and Luka Magnotta. So that probably plays some role in the media's lack of intensity over EL's case. But also, this has never even been confirmed as a murder case (not even close, really). And even if it was, there is so little info to go on that they pretty much exhausted that after the first few weeks.

No one finds it odd that there are three nations involved here that essentially ceased reporting at the same time? Mainly within one day of when the autopsy results were reported as inconclusive on February 20th; all reporting abruptly ends even to the point that LAPD media is ordered to cancel an interview last minute. If this was a cover up wouldn't this behavior make the LAPD look even more suspicious? Oh, or maybe this is just because there was no other evidence to share? Why, then would the LAPD care about the interview one way or the other; why the rush to cancel? This is not a local CBC outpost, but Canadian national news. The RCMP, who I imagine are very much in the loop with the investigation, have not released any information at all?

The Chinese media are continuing to probe even if only to find out more on when the toxicology report can be expected. Not one of them mentions ghosts or possession, they all say unequivocally "murder". Some are rehashing the zombie game and Morbid crush angle, but for the most part they seem earnest and legit. This is how we learned of a delay in the toxicology results. It has been confirmed by the LA Times that results are expected in mid May. If you recall, the Chinese reporters were the only ones early on to pursue asking questions of and share their Q&A with Andrew Smith of LAPD's media department. Not one piece of info that I have seen refers to the paranormal.

I do not follow how less interest in EL's case, or lack evidence, or no new information explains the highly coincidentally timed disappearance of media coverage. This is saying that both Canada and China are more interested in apprehended suspects like Arias or Magnotta so reporting in three nations went dormant on February 20th? Then remain entirely incommunicado thereafter...? The news of EL even brought a group of Wall Street investors to a standstill in an online forum. There is no shortage of interest.

In saying that the police simply have no new information to share, we are making the assumptions that they shared every bit of evidence in the first place, and that they will release whatever they may have found while waiting on a toxicology report. This too explains why media coverage stopped within one day of the autopsy results? How, may I ask? I just don't see a cause effect thing going on.

<rsbm>

But when CBC tried to dig, their interview was cancelled with orders from higher ups not to discuss the case, and even Conducter's link to the CBC video where Reshmi Nair mentions the cancelled interview is now defunct:

Canada doesn't have a lot of murders. She was Canadian, Canadians are interested, Canadian media is interested ... but nada. For CBC to pull a news video .. IMO, this is highly unusual.

One last note on the role of evidence. Lindsay Duncombe, the CBC correspondent covering the case in LA reported on February 7th that the "LAPD had evidence that EL may have been harmed or be in danger". Why has the media not pursued what this evidence is? This hardly supports the argument there is no new evidence to share. This is a wide opening for a reporter to openly question what this evidence might be.

Taking all this into consideration, I only see media compliance in this death investigation. It could be due to sensitive issue of mental health or because it is an equivocal death, but the only thing I can find to support it is the FBI's guide to serial murder investigations which gives details on the role media plays. This is a stretch too. Note that given other things that Duncombe says about EL's case...it was clearly more than a typical missing persons case, her disappearance was odd, and that the LAPD had a strategy in how they were releasing information. I can only conclude that this case is highly sensitive and for that reason LE has reigned in the media to take complete control over info release and flow.

BTW, the CBC video has been pulled off of Youtube but is available on CBC but only by searching the CBC website. Curiously, it is irretrievable via Google search as well. Here is the direct link to the video referenced by sillybilly:

BC Woman missing in LA with Reshmi Nair and Lindsay Duncombe...

No one finds it odd that there are three nations involved here that essentially ceased reporting at the same time? Mainly within one day of when the autopsy results were reported as inconclusive on February 20th; all reporting abruptly ends even to the point that LAPD media is ordered to cancel an interview last minute. If this was a cover up wouldn't this behavior make the LAPD look even more suspicious? Oh, or maybe this is just because there was no other evidence to share? Why, then would the LAPD care about the interview one way or the other; why the rush to cancel? This is not a local CBC outpost, but Canadian national news. The RCMP, who I imagine are very much in the loop with the investigation, have not released any information at all?

The Chinese media are continuing to probe even if only to find out more on when the toxicology report can be expected. Not one of them mentions ghosts or possession, they all say unequivocally "murder". Some are rehashing the zombie game and Morbid crush angle, but for the most part they seem earnest and legit. This is how we learned of a delay in the toxicology results. It has been confirmed by the LA Times that results are expected in mid May. If you recall, the Chinese reporters were the only ones early on to pursue asking questions of and share their Q&A with Andrew Smith of LAPD's media department. Not one piece of info that I have seen refers to the paranormal.

I do not follow how less interest in EL's case, or lack evidence, or no new information explains the highly coincidentally timed disappearance of media coverage. This is saying that both Canada and China are more interested in apprehended suspects like Arias or Magnotta so reporting in three nations went dormant on February 20th? Then remain entirely incommunicado thereafter...? The news of EL even brought a group of Wall Street investors to a standstill in an online forum. There is no shortage of interest.

In saying that the police simply have no new information to share, we are making the assumptions that they shared every bit of evidence in the first place, and that they will release whatever they may have found while waiting on a toxicology report. This too explains why media coverage stopped within one day of the autopsy results? How, may I ask? I just don't see a cause effect thing going on.

I would love to know who has enough power to silence the media of three different countries. This person would have to be one of the most powerful people in the world. And they are involved in this case? Doesn't the Chinese government have complete control over the media? So this person is more powerful than the government of China, apparently.

Expecting this case to get significant coverage in three different counties...So it's suspicious that this case isn't one of the most publicized cases of all-time?

How does discussion on one forum justify the huge-worldwide coverage some people feel this case should get?

BTW, the CBC video has been pulled off of Youtube but is available on CBC but only by searching the CBC website. Curiously, it is irretrievable via Google search as well. Here is the direct link to the video referenced by sillybilly:

BC Woman missing in LA with Reshmi Nair and Lindsay Duncombe...

Have you watched it in full at the link you provided Conductor? When I click play, it starts saying "she hasn't been heard from in a week, something her family says is" and then it stops completely with a message on the screen saying "content is unavailable". (Now it doesn't play at all .. but their commercial does ;))

PS: That's a Feb 7 link

ETA: Okay, found it. It's a Feb 20 video, and around the 1:40 mark where it talks about the interview being cancelled at the last minute because "higher ups said they weren't allowed to speak about this investigation at this point":

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/ID/2336850469/

"According to CBS Los Angeles, KNX 1070's Claudia Peschiutta reported guests were disturbed to learn Lam's nude body was found inside one of the four large water tanks."

I wouldn't call that confirmation from a credible source.

Unless Claudia obtained the information from a fireman she chatted up.

It's up to you whether you believe Peschiutta's report. She was at the hotel the day EL's body was found, and at the link you can hear her report saying "officials here tell us the nude body was found...". I believe it's likely that someone in an official position (fire, rescue, police, whatever) did tell her this, but later LE decided to keep it quiet... as I don't think there has ever been official denial that her body was nude. Officials have simply chosen not to say anything about anything.... they know NUH-THING.

Have you watched it in full at the link you provided Conductor? When I click play, it starts saying "she hasn't been heard from in a week, something her family says is" and then it stops completely with a message on the screen saying "content is unavailable". (Now it doesn't play at all .. but their commercial does ;))

PS: That's a Feb 7 link

Weird. I have Flash and enabled. I see a tag about the advert but it does not play; I go straight the news story.

Here is the correctly dated link for Feb 20 th

I have watched both uninterrupted and in their entirety.

I would like to clarify, when I had mentioned about Illuminati Ritual here, I am still pursuing Elisa Lam's case was murdered by human beings, not by ghosts or paranormal power from 'hell'. In the end, we have to understand what behind the Illuminati or secret society are all about human beings, they came from all walks of life.

I borrow the ideas from movie and music industry to explain how Illuminati works to brain wash people, but I do not see any ghosts or paranormal things through out their performances.

All the storyline of the movie, the artworks, lightings, dancers, costume, music and lyrics of these pop singers performances were actually created by human beings not ghost or paranormal powers from 'hell'.

I do not believed there is any identity came from 'hell' to do things for illuminati or secret society, what I believed is vice versa, it is actually the human beings created illuminati or secret society to do things for them, to brainwash people, to manipulated what they do and belief in order to get what they wanted, Power, Sex & Money.

The ritual is about creating a concept for their believers, those scarifies were not done by ghosts from hell but by human beings.

So I am talking about there were people murdered Elisa Lam not ghosts, Satan or paranormal power, the case could not be solved, it doesn't mean there are no human beings involved, there is.

Weird. I have Flash and enabled. I see a tag about the advert but it does not play; I go straight the news story.

Here is the correctly dated link for Feb 20 th

I have watched both uninterrupted and in their entirety.

Once I opted to "open in incognito window" I didn't have any problems seeing the entire video. But the ad nor the video was showing up prior to me opening it in a new window.

No one finds it odd that there are three nations involved here that essentially ceased reporting at the same time? Mainly within one day of when the autopsy results were reported as inconclusive on February 20th;

I edited your comment for brevity. Yes, I agree that the shut down of this story was quite abrupt. Was it the fact police stopped talking that made the media less curious, or was there pressure from within the media as well to let this one slide. We didn't even get much back story on Elisa Lam, nothing about who she was as a person. Even if her parents didn't talk much, there must have been other people who knew her. We know she was going to university, and some other few things from her tumblr and other sources, otherwise, they haven't painted any real picture of Elisa Lam. Like she suddenly existed for a few weeks in January, then passed away under mysterious circumstances. She's just the body found in the water tank now. I'm not even sure why not disclosing whether she had clothing on or not would compromise the case. They were pretty quick to say they ID'd her body from markings on it, although they didn't go into specifics. Beyond that, we haven't heard anything about the condition of her body.

It's up to you whether you believe Peschiutta's report. She was at the hotel the day EL's body was found, and at the link you can hear her report saying "officials here tell us the nude body was found...". I believe it's likely that someone in an official position (fire, rescue, police, whatever) did tell her this, but later LE decided to keep it quiet... as I don't think there has ever been official denial that her body was nude. Officials have simply chosen not to say anything about anything.... they know NUH-THING.

They want to pretend they know nothing. They don't even 'know' if anyone looked in the tanks during the missing persons phase when they were on the roof with dogs. There weren't too many places to hide up there, so you'd think they'd at least look inside those tanks. You also have to ask, if her body was in there from the time she disappeared, wouldn't the clogging of the pipes happened sooner than mid February when people began to complain?

They want to pretend they know nothing. They don't even 'know' if anyone looked in the tanks during the missing persons phase when they were on the roof with dogs. There weren't too many places to hide up there, so you'd think they'd at least look inside those tanks. You also have to ask, if her body was in there from the time she disappeared, wouldn't the clogging of the pipes happened sooner than mid February when people began to complain?

BBM
I agree with you. My use of "NUH-THING" was a reference to a character on an OLD TV show... the guy knew "something" but when asked about it he was always pretending he didn't by emphatically saying, "I know nothing". ;)

A few recent Chinese reports say the Cecil's water was tested on Feb 14th and all was okay; maybe I have. Granted it was supposedly okay on the 19th but frankly now that you mention it; it is odd there weren't any water issues prior to the 19th.

Also the temps were on the cool side, and the tanks are supposed to be pretty air tight, but it seems a corpse confined anywhere for 20 days would be detectable by human noses let alone any sort of SAR dog. Especially if the lid was routinely off. Even with the lid on, seems like there would have been some organic hint to look there.

it might take another month for toxicology test to come back because they don't have enough resources. This is according to LA coroner: July Wang.

Awful. I was wondering if there were any further updates. Thank you. Excruciating for her family.

A few recent Chinese reports say the Cecil's water was tested on Feb 14th and all was okay; maybe I have. Granted it was supposedly okay on the 19th but frankly now that you mention it; it is odd there weren't any water issues prior to the 19th.

Also the temps were on the cool side, and the tanks are supposed to be pretty air tight, but it seems a corpse confined anywhere for 20 days would be detectable by human noses let alone any sort of SAR dog. Especially if the lid was routinely off. Even with the lid on, seems like there would have been some organic hint to look there.
So you mean there happened to be a test of the water's quality/safety a few days before the body was found? Unless that's a pretty frequent practice, that's pretty coincidental.

Hm :(

Seeing all the coverage of the Boston bombings compared to how this case seems to have all but disappeared.....it's discouraging, I hope that LE is going off of something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So you mean there happened to be a test of the water's quality/safety a few days before the body was found? Unless that's a pretty frequent practice, that's pretty coincidental.

Yeesh, just seeing this. I have seen this in two different Chinese news sources but the translation is crude. This is my interpretation of the sources.

Body Moved-Liberty Times

Here is clipped title and germane text:

Blue can be child murder police speculated that water tower non-death scene

Police speculated that the Cecil Hotel on February 14 water quality testing normal but blue child death time after February 1, Police analysis, the murderer could not wait for 14 water quality testing is completed, only then blue children thrown into the water tower

If needed, will try to find other source. Also noted that Chinese media report that according to Cecil Hotel employees EL was last seen around 10:00 pm on January 31st, so say she was killed over night which would be my guess if you go with the she was drugged before hand, then it would seem that it happened that same night or early morning.

Should we 100% dismiss these reports as unreliable? I am not so sure we should. It possibly comes from within the Chinese community in Vancouver, so it could be coming from a reliable, personal source. Likely it is rumor or hearsay, but merely entertaining the thought.

The testing would had had to comply with minimum standards of the City/County/Water District/Public Health Authority, so probably something about bacteria and maybe chlorine levels?

But keep in mind they most likely weren't doing a quality taste test as in "Ooh yummy" or "Oh gross".

And when they tested the water after finding the body, they didn't identify harmful bacteria levels, and it was hotel guests who only then started complaining about the taste of the water coming out of the tap.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/world/story/2013/02/21/hotel-body-water.html

"Meanwhile, water tested from the hotel didn't contain any live bacteria that would cause illness.

Although county health officials issued a do-not-drink order, the results that came back Thursday indicated the water was safe from a "microbiological standpoint," said Angelo Bellomo, the county's director of environmental health.

A maintenance worker at the Cecil Hotel found the body earlier in the day after guests complained of low water pressure. (AP Photo/Nick Ut) Nick Ut/Associated Press"We can't say what the quality of the water was prior to the samples," taken Tuesday, Bellomo said. "We can only say that the water met the standard at the time it was sampled."

Chlorine in the water likely killed any bacteria in the tank where Lam's body was found, Bellomo said. Two standard water tests were performed and samples were taken from throughout the hotel."

The body could have been there all along, maybe at the bottom, and the tester wasn't looking for plugged outlets, nor would he need a flashlight.

And the earlier water test may have been taken from another tank anyway.

People also have to remember, this is LA. Most local people do not drink the tap water without extra filtration. If people were staying here for one night, they might think the water was gross, but for one night, just move on.

*****Disgusting story alert on******
We owned a cabin at one time that often went several months between people staying there. There was a slight leak from the toilet tank to the bowl that needed to be fixed, so that it would do a quick fill every 6 hours or so. A rat fell into the toilet at some point while we were not there. The water had all the great chemicals that are required. When we returned to the cabin several months later, we find a bloated, but perfectly intact, rat in the toilet. And the water was still clear. Maybe all those chemicals help preserve organic matter?

*****Disgusting story alert off******

Found this blog with message board that has some recent activity:

http://straymusings.com/the-elisa-lam-case-what-are-they-hiding/

The following was an interesting comment following the blog:
<modsnip>

While I don't buy his whole story, I'm interested in finding out whether EL did call or text someone to report that she was being stalked. Also, I'd like to know what room on what floor she was checked into. The elevator video took place on the 14th floor.

Also, I gleaned these contradictory facts: 1) she was found naked and upside down inside the water tank. In other words, she went in head first. 2) she was found on the bottom of the tank. Not sure what the truth is.

I'm still leaning toward murder. Wish the ME would hurry up with the final report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member