Any Elisa Updates At All?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That link also includes this:

"Police also claimed that the investigation is still ongoing. Ed Winter, the coroner of Los Angeles police, said no suspicious clues were found to date. A final conclusion would be made upon completion of the report."
Well that takes some of the unknown variables out of the situation, assuming the LE are being straight forward. No suspicious clues? That's a major statement, imo.

Well that takes some of the unknown variables out of the situation, assuming the LE are being straight forward. No suspicious clues? That's a major statement, imo.

Absolutely. But then why all this very intense secrecy? Is it possible there are no suspicious clues but a strange result on the tox tests might hint at something strange after all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What's this about the eyeglasses? You mean that she never brought them to LA to begin with? Why do you guys have this impression?? I seriously doubt she wouldn't have brought them at all? She would have needed them, near sighted or far sighted IMO.

Sorry for the lack of any context on the glasses. I got taken to task for suggesting EL left her glasses home in Canada and finally one person sees that as possible. Feels good to be validated is all :)

I think it's possible that the clothes and such in the video were not the last ones she wore--and this applies to glasses or whatever else, even though I think she left those in Canada, but I'm just clarifying my point :)

That link also includes this:

"Police also claimed that the investigation is still ongoing. Ed Winter, the coroner of Los Angeles police, said no suspicious clues were found to date. A final conclusion would be made upon completion of the report."

Considering the source is translation, I think this is the coroner confirming that nothing suspicious was found in autopsy and now maybe toxicology report to date. He would not report on what police have or do not have. I see this as hinting the manner of death may be finalized as cannot be determined. In other words perhaps no major drug imbalance found and psych profile normal. Meaning this case may be on fast track to cold status.

On another note, an employee of LA's coroners office died last year suddenly and in suspicious manner. He had toxic levels of arsenic in his system that caused profound organ failure, yet LE and the Coroner had no evidence of foul play and not enough to support suicide. His manner of death was filed as undetermined. Just for comparison's sake what if they find no harmful drug levels in EL? Anyway, it shows how difficult the process can be and that the final word can be subjective. I read that if there is a 50/50 probability of two diff manners of death, it gets labeled with cannot determine.

Death of technician from arsenic poisoning...

A Guide for Manner of Death Classification

Considering the source is translation, I think this is the coroner confirming that nothing suspicious was found in autopsy and now maybe toxicology report to date. He would not report on what police have or do not have. I see this as hinting the manner of death may be finalized as cannot be determined. In other words perhaps no major drug imbalance found and psych profile normal. Meaning this case may be on fast track to cold status.

On another note, an employee of LA's coroners office died last year suddenly and in suspicious manner. He had toxic levels of arsenic in his system that caused profound organ failure, yet LE and the Coroner had no evidence of foul play and not enough to support suicide. His manner of death was filed as undetermined. Just for comparison's sake what if they find no harmful drug levels in EL? Anyway, it shows how difficult the process can be and that the final word can be subjective. I read that if there is a 50/50 probability of two diff manners of death, it gets labeled with cannot determine.

Death of technician from arsenic poisoning...

A Guide for Manner of Death Classification
Yeah, we're dealing with two layers of confusion and/or obfuscation: the potential for incorrect translation, and multiple reasons to question what officials say. Obviously the Chinese media is getting this information from someone, so at the very least I'd think the Canadian media (at least in BC or her home town) would contact these same sources for a follow-up article, even if it was a 'slow news day' piece.

the cause of Elise's death can be implied from the following sentence in one of the news articles you can find through google:
Law enforcement sources told the Times that a locked door and fire escape are the only ways to access the hotel's roof.

The door, which only employees can reach, is also equipped with an alarm that notifies hotel staff if someone is up there.

The water tank is also hard to access requiring authorities to work well into the afternoon to remove her body after a maintenance worker discovered it on Tuesday morning.

'The location of the water tanks is very small and configured in a very tight way so it's a little more difficult to get the body out,'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nadian-tourists-body-weeks.html#ixzz2TZyZO06H

I have not followed this thread from the beginning so my guess(which I'm sure has been posted earlier in this thread) is one of the hotel or maintenance staff is the culprit...since only they have the keys to open the rooftop door, probably a big or strong guy since he had to lug elise's body up the water tank.

on a different note, I noticed that Elise was pressing all or at least 3 or 4 of the elevator floor buttons(e.g. floors 2,3,4,5 buttons), assuming the contrarian position that she did not take drugs, why would a lucid or drunk person press several floor buttons in a row ?? one obvious reason is so it would stop at each floor, then you notice, the elevator door does not close which means she keeps pressing the "open" button so the elevator door will not close, its like as if she is waiting for someone.. her actuations can also be interpreted as a drunk person flirting with someone(when she was peering out of the elevator, was she peering flirtatiously at one of the hotel staff at the receptionist desk or the hotel entrance or hallway ? just stating an alternative view(no malice intended)

whether she was flirting or not, whether she was under the influence of drugs or not, the one inescapable fact assuming the above news article is correct is that the culprit points to being one of the hotel or maintenance staff unless a guest or she herself bribed or cajoled one of the staff to open the rooftop door.

on one more note, does the fire escape open when pushed then triggers a fire alarm ? if so then this is one way elise could go up there voluntarily by herself then when staff went up to check they could not find her since she might have hid up there before she went into the tank(assuming the alternative that she dove into the tank by herself(which is less plausible to me than this death being an "inside job".)

the cause of Elise's death can be implied from the following sentence in one of the news articles you can find through google:
Law enforcement sources told the Times that a locked door and fire escape are the only ways to access the hotel's roof.

The door, which only employees can reach, is also equipped with an alarm that notifies hotel staff if someone is up there.

The water tank is also hard to access requiring authorities to work well into the afternoon to remove her body after a maintenance worker discovered it on Tuesday morning.

'The location of the water tanks is very small and configured in a very tight way so it's a little more difficult to get the body out,'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nadian-tourists-body-weeks.html#ixzz2TZyZO06H

I have not followed this thread from the beginning so my guess(which I'm sure has been posted earlier in this thread) is one of the hotel or maintenance staff is the culprit...since only they have the keys to open the rooftop door, probably a big or strong guy since he had to lug elise's body up the water tank.

on a different note, I noticed that Elise was pressing all or at least 3 or 4 of the elevator floor buttons(e.g. floors 2,3,4,5 buttons), assuming the contrarian position that she did not take drugs, why would a lucid or drunk person press several floor buttons in a row ?? one obvious reason is so it would stop at each floor, then you notice, the elevator door does not close which means she keeps pressing the "open" button so the elevator door will not close, its like as if she is waiting for someone.. her actuations can also be interpreted as a drunk person flirting with someone(when she was peering out of the elevator, was she peering flirtatiously at one of the hotel staff at the receptionist desk or the hotel entrance or hallway ? just stating an alternative view(no malice intended)

whether she was flirting or not, whether she was under the influence of drugs or not, the one inescapable fact assuming the above news article is correct is that the culprit points to being one of the hotel or maintenance staff unless a guest or she herself bribed or cajoled one of the staff to open the rooftop door.

on one more note, does the fire escape open when pushed then triggers a fire alarm ? if so then this is one way elise could go up there voluntarily by herself then when staff went up to check they could not find her since she might have hid up there before she went into the tank(assuming the alternative that she dove into the tank by herself(which is less plausible to me than this death being an "inside job".)
Some of what is in that article has been determined to be incorrect, or at least highly questionable. That article is early information being reported by a tabloid. If you want more detail info about what is known and what isn't (and various in-depth theories), the best thing available online, in my experience, is this forum. Which unfortunately means you'd need to go back and read through the many pages about the case. There is plenty of nonsense here, too, but there are revelations throughout that make it worth your time if you're really interested.

For instance: the fire escape is definitely accessible without triggering the alarm. It's quite possibly that the door to the roof was also accessible without staff/maintenance, and without triggering an alarm. And this article is a little confusing in its discussion of the tank accessibility. The difficulties that police/firemen had in accessing the tank and removing the body do not reflect what it would require for a person to either get into the tank OR put someone else into the tank.

Also, just fyi, I don't think it is contrarian to believe that she wasn't on drugs. Many (if not most) people around this forum do not automatically assume that she was on drugs.

There has been a lot of investigation done by people on this site and elsewhere on the internet, including visits to the Cecil with video cameras, that has changed my perspective a lot. Things in the media have been outright disproved, and other pertinent information has been found that the media has never reported.

We have to rely on media reports for some information (like the toxicology results we're all not-so-patiently waiting for), but ever since this case broke the journalism has contained quite a bit of vague, erroneous, and/or just plain bad info. And the law enforcement's approach has probably played a role in that due to their incredibly cagey approach to the public and the media regarding the case.

Edit: One more thing... not everyone here believes that there was a "culprit." Accidental death is a definite possibility (and even suicide), and there are a number of reasons why some of us lean in that direction that are detailed in the main thread, along with the foul play evidence. Both foul play and non-foul play theories have had strong, detailed (if somewhat scattered) cases made for them.

So we're still waiting on toxicology results for Elisa? Am I understanding that correctly?

So we're still waiting on toxicology results for Elisa? Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes we sure are :/ it was reported we would be receiving results last week but still nothing :/ :(

Guys what on earth......! This is ridiculous. I'm really losing my patience :(

There will never be a toxicology report released to the public, if it even existed.

Guys what on earth......! This is ridiculous. I'm really losing my patience :(

I lost it this weekend. I wrote back to LA Times reporter that this coroner's back log explanation seems less plausible the longer this goes on. I added that it was odd how the media seemed to stop reporting in three different countries all at the same time and that not one reporter looked further into the absence of security at the Cecil regarding the un-alarmed fire door. I also pointed out how the roof can still be accessed.

This reporter had told me that they would definitely inform people when they had further info, so I don't think that he will ignore my email. I am hoping that they might even begin to dig a little more so this does not just vanish.

I lost it this weekend. I wrote back to LA Times reporter that this coroner's back log explanation seemed less plausible the longer this goes on. I added that it was odd how the media seemed to stop reporting in three different countries all at the same time and that not one reporter looked further into the absence of security at the Cecil through the unalarmed fire door. I also pointed out how the roof can still be accessed.

This reporter had told me that they would definitely inform people when they had further info, so I don't think that he will ignore my email. I am hoping that they might even begin to dig a little more so this does not just vanish.

Thank you for emailing the reporter :)

It seems to me that even if they dig there isn't much there to uncover as everyone is keeping their mouths shut pretty darn tight about the case.

A part of me feels guilty for wanting to know her tox results, like it's morbid and really none of my business/an invasion of her privacy in death. In the end we all just want to know what happened to her so tat justice is served for the poor girl. And if it was her own doing, might we learn from it so her death can be of some benefit somehow.

Don't know what else we can do. Can't LE say ANYTHING to us....at least to acknowledge they're still trying to figure it out? SOMETHING?

Thank you for emailing the reporter :)

It seems to me that even if they dig there isn't much there to uncover as everyone is keeping their mouths shut pretty darn tight about the case.

A part of me feels guilty for wanting to know her tox results, like it's morbid and really none of my business/an invasion of her privacy in death. In the end we all just want to know what happened to her so tat justice is served for the poor girl. And if it was her own doing, might we learn from it so her death can be of some benefit somehow.

Don't know what else we can do. Can't LE say ANYTHING to us....at least to acknowledge they're still trying to figure it out? SOMETHING?

No reply :( Something is def going on we are not supposed to know. There is a similar odd drowning death of a 20 something girl that happened less than 5 miles from my home in Dec '12; the police have very little evidence and no leads. They at least released her death was homicide after the toxicology report. Why can't they do this with EL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong