Anyone else hunkering down for Nor'easter tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by BunnyHop, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

:seeya: Redux!

Now weather.com forecast for Lackawanna County says: [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 14 TO 20 INCHES IN VALLEY LOCATIONS AND UP AROUND 2 FEET AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS. [/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Swell. I hope I'm not at "higher elevations".[/FONT]

2. Rachel1

Rachel1 Well-Known Member

It looks you guys in PA will get hammered with snow while us down here at the shore will get a sloppy mess of flooding, snow, wind, sleet and rain. Lol!!!

3. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

4. Redux

Redux Well-Known Member

I noticed that as well. We're in the valley outside of Hazleton, so we are not as high up as they are, but I don't know if Wilkes Barre is considered higher elevation. At the same time, we sure do get the wind more down here in the valley (my dog was barking at the wind howling earlier...lol).

Stay safe! I'll bet the markets up your way were crazy today!

[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Swell. I hope I'm not at "higher elevations".[/FONT][/QUOTE]

5. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

I'm 2 hours east.

6. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

:seeya: Bunnyhop!

weather.com keeps increasing the snow total for Lackawanna County.

HEAVY SNOW, AS WELL AS SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING. * ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 20 TO 30 INCHES WITH THE HIGHEST TOTALS OVER HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

Go, snowplows, go! Hopefully teens will come by with snow shovels and offer to shovel off roofs for $$$.

7. Really?

Really? South Jersey USA

Jersey shore here........in cape may county it is a balmy 45 degrees........high wind and raining.

8. monkey222

monkey222 Well-Known Member

Upstate NY, sooo still throughout the night, except for winds. Travel ban. I hear CSX train in far distance but no sounds of emergency vehicles. Only about 8 in snow so no plows yet. Beautiful day to wake up to. Pretty. No tracks. Perfect snow like Angels dusted (a lot..) of powdered sugar over my neighborhood. I hope they were making rum balls.

:angel2: :doughboy:

9. Redux

Redux Well-Known Member

Luzerne County is showing the same revised amounts - 20" to 30".

I would say we have over a foot at this point, and the snow is coming down strong and steady. Usually these late season storms putter out to nothing; this one is a surprise!

10. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

We had snow this morning and now it's sleeting, but not particularly hard (at least not yet). It's noisy on the windows!

11. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

It's snowing really hard here. Some kid on an ATV just zoomed by.

I watched the news, coastal areas seem to be getting rain and sleet. Flooding on NJ shore.
    Praying my power stays on.

12. Rachel1

Rachel1 Well-Known Member

Here at the shore, it seems like the snow missed us but it's raining like cats and dogs. The winds are fierce!

13. AFTM

AFTM Former Member

We were supposed to get 8 to 12...all that news...everyone rushing to the store yesterday. We have a light dusting on the ground. It's snowing now but I don't think we will get much of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

News saying it will get worse as the day goes on. Bitter cold tonight and tomorrow. :snowflake::snowman:

15. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Well-Known Member

Central CT here...have about 6" so far, kinda blizzardly (lol) but not too bad. DH shovels in shifts so it doesn't get too deep. Just don't want rain on top of the snow, it becomes like concrete!

16. BritDees

BritDees Member

I'm in the middle of the "epicenter" (Binghamton) It didn't start to snow until after 3 am. We have over a foot in the downtown area already and the snow just keeps on coming! The store I work at closed at 11 am. We made 26.00. lol First time they've ever closed due to snow...or anything, for that matter. The National Guard has been deployed to our area. I got my first ever snow day from work..not complaining. :)

17. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

16"+ now near Pumpkin Hollow.

18. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

Hello to Nokomis! :seeya:

Well it finally cleared up here, some debris from the palm trees on the sidewalk and the sun came out.

The temperature is presently 66 degrees and slightly windy.

19. Xara

Xara Active Member

Southern NH here......Been windy and snowing all day, but really ramped up the last 2 hours...... Zero visibility.

20. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Well-Known Member

wow, sounds crazy for so many of you but it is fun and interesting to read about it here.

(I will sulk off into my sunny Arizona 90 degree day here, head hung low, eyes averted....)