April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then if BC didn't give her the allowance on the 11th, is that two weeks in a row Nancy did not get the allowance? And if she knew he was deducting the $240 from the allowance, when did she find this out - the Tuesday she painted or Wed. or Thurs.?

I believe it was on July 11th, according to BC deposition, that BC claims NC called him at work and was upset about not getting her allowance. I believe that BC testified that he offered to leave work and get NC her money. If BC was deducting the painting money why did he not mention this in the deposition? Why did BC ever mention the details of this call on the 11th and then not follow through with getting the money?

JA knew how bad things were between BC & NC -- this is the woman who had bought a one-way plane ticket back to Cary after planning to go with NC to Canada.
No physical abuse, correct, but BC was cruel and controlling, from the green card lack of followup for 6 years, to allotting gasoline in her car, to when he came & went to work, to taking the passports, to reading her emails, to seeing the separation agreement (talk about pizzed and livid), to when & how much he would pay her. JA knew about a lot of these things and knew that NC was at her wits end, she knew Brad, and she was worried about Nancy.

Plus, JA knew Nancy HATED Brad.
Knowing they were living in the same house with such volatility was obviously very unsettling to JA.

If I'm to buy that theory then MH is lying. He specifically asked NC and that was when the cell phone hand-off occurred. That is why MH ambushed JA on the 12th. He knew she had to be lying about the paint plans. There never were any.

This is assuming that NC did not plan to bring the kids to JA's house while she painted. If these were NC plans then the argument about the painting plans become less arguable?

JA knew how bad things were between BC & NC -- this is the woman who had bought a one-way plane ticket back to Cary after planning to go with NC to Canada.

snipped and bolded BM for focus

Wasn't it DD who bought the one-way ticket????

(Whoops...this has been mentioned...right!)

Are we not allowed to use names of people mentioned in warrants, newspapers and court testimony? (excluding minors).I have a hard time keeping up with the initials of some of these characters.

No additional paint was purchased ---for an entire dining room. They were to use leftover paint from the front room. A DR should take at least a gallon or two of paint

So the only thing we need to be talking about now is why is this woman lying?

Do we know if the initial paint that was purchased was in 1-gallon cans or a 5-gallon bucket?

Do we know if the initial paint that was purchased was in 1-gallon cans or a 5-gallon bucket?

Or, she may have purchased 2 or 3, 1 gallon cans and had plenty left for a small dining room.

Blown Margins? - I totally don't know what you mean by that... are you seeing something strange on your screen??

Yes, the blocks go wayyyyyyyyyy off to the right and you have to scroll over and back, over and back, over and back to read. I can't deal with that.

That makes a lot of sense. I picture her not going to bed though and getting a diet coke, he heard her and they had a confrontation and she headed over to the stairs to get up to bed and he pulled her back. I do believe it all happened in the foyer too.. Those decorative sticks and ducks missing is just weird.. so he tossed them... he knew he had to get rid of her before the kids woke up and sat around thinking about it and then left around 530 and drove to find somewhere..

What purpose would there be for BC to get rid of ducks and sticks? Were the ducks made out of ceramic/glass? Was the vase where the sticks were assembled disappear too?

That makes a lot of sense. I picture her not going to bed though and getting a diet coke, he heard her and they had a confrontation and she headed over to the stairs to get up to bed and he pulled her back. I do believe it all happened in the foyer too.. Those decorative sticks and ducks missing is just weird.. so he tossed them... he knew he had to get rid of her before the kids woke up and sat around thinking about it and then left around 530 and drove to find somewhere..

I believe he used NC's SUV to do it.

She was either covering for NC (initially at least) or she was way more involved than any of us could possibly fathom.

Hypothetically - what if NC had a rendezvous and JA knew of it? She couldn't reach her and panicked. She called the home. BC answered. She didn't tell him about the paint plans because there never were any (it was not even on her calendar). JA got panicky since she couldn't reach Nancy. She finally called police and couldn't just say "I'm worried about my friend, no real reason". instead she said "My friend was expected here to paint at 8AM and never showed" Much more credible. The only problem was JA didn't know that BC had already made tennis plans w/MH and NC knew about them. MH confronted her so she stuck to her story to save face.

Does JA's husband corroborate her story they got up early and moved furniture out of the dinning room? Wouldn't he have known of the plan the night prior?

I believe it was on July 11th, according to BC deposition, that BC claims NC called him at work and was upset about not getting her allowance. I believe that BC testified that he offered to leave work and get NC her money. If BC was deducting the painting money why did he not mention this in the deposition? Why did BC ever mention the details of this call on the 11th and then not follow through with getting the money?

Right - I know she didn't get the money on July the 11th - I'm asking if she received an allowance that would have been for July 4th (?), the preceding Friday when she would have been on vacation? I also can not remember if there was any testimony that Brad told Nancy he was deducting the paint money on Tuesday night, Wed., or Thursday? She didn't just find out on Friday that he was deducting the $240 she made on the paint job. I wondered which day she found out he planned to deduct the $240.

snipped and bolded BM for focus

Wasn't it DD who bought the one-way ticket????

(Whoops...this has been mentioned...right!)

You may be right -- it's still early in the AM for the Fog-Head who is I.:bang: I stand corrected if that is so, and I very humbly apologize for the error -- it was certainly not intentional. The gist of my argument still stands, IMHO -- JA did know a lot about the trouble at the Cooper house, and she was worried, especially with the kids at home and NC's whereabouts unknown to anyone... please excuse my idiocy on the Canada trip
icon11.gif
, and thanks, Tink56, for correcting.

God Morning Folks :seeya: I sure feel refreshed..Had a great sleep!!
I have been reading some of the theories...Some are interesting to say the least, Others are on their face purely based on accusings of lying...My oh My!

AS for JA's involvment, and or possible knowledge of just who did this~~
For me, JA's involvement is solely being scared for Nancy when she wasnt where she was expected. With her knowledge and awareness of Nancy's escalting frustrations and tensions between herself and her husband It logical that she would think Brad did something!! However, she only had suspicions and beliefs that Brad did this and voiced them to LE. BUT IF she was trying to frame Brad..I am sure she would have had alot more information to share and specifics..IF she was involved...why?? How would she benefit?

Nancy believed herself was being WRONGED and vented to her friends. As for embellishments..it appears even on its face as Yepper..she was wronged in the worst possible way!

For me there is no reasonable explanation that points to a stanger. Nancy would never be jogging in bare feet, nor in 2 left shoes, let alone naked from the waist down. Robbery??, not having remains still with Diamond studs in place. COD, Strangling usualy points to intimate perp>>>passion, hate, anger!! Finally, Brad's odd and apparantly aberrant behaviors?? between multi-trips to HT, mad cleaning of house??? IPhone and computer usage. Brad's need to do tons of laundry, wash floors, re-connoiter garage for vehicle..ALL strange. Brad HAD been alone for a week, why not do all this when he wasnt responsible for the kids (Brad's Weekend)..

Presently Im on Brad's Guilt side of fence looking threw the slats and awaiting for the defense to present something logical and common sensical to explain away all these indicators..Missing shoes, sticks and ceramic ducks in foyer, EARLY morning trips to HT, lack of concerns when JA called, wierd phone activities at weird hours...man there is so many prior acts that shows he worked very hard at trying to CONTROL Nancy!
Sorry Im so long winded this morning...I even dreamt about this case last night.:blushing::blushing:

So now you are saying both JA and CC are lying?
JA and CC didn't even know each other, yet both are willing to risk a felony charge of perjury and many years in prison?

That notion is preposterous.

I disagree. Can you think of a logical reason why CC didn't tell police on the 12th that she knew NC had plans to paint with JA? I can't.

Right - I know she didn't get the money on July the 11th - I'm asking if she received an allowance that would have been for July 4th (?), the preceding Friday when she would have been on vacation? I also can not remember if there was any testimony that Brad told Nancy he was deducting the paint money on Tuesday night, Wed., or Thursday? She didn't just find out on Friday that he was deducting the $240 she made on the paint job. I wondered which day she found out he planned to deduct the $240.

I know you're really stuck on this point, but why?

Michael Peterson hold the record for the longest trial in NC history....>3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee