GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - A morning anchor for a Little Rock television station was found in her home early Monday suffering from life-threatening wounds.

Little Rock police say KATV anchor Anne Pressly, 26, was found by her mother at about 4:30 a.m. lying in her bed and bleeding from "severe wounds," Little Rock police spokesman Cassandra Davis said.

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=9205914

Davis said Pressly was found in bed “beaten and with severe cuts or stabs” believed to life-threatening. Pressly was taken to St. Vincent Medical Center in Little Rock.

Pressly’s mother found her daughter and called police, Davis said. Police had found no indication of forced entry, Davis said, adding that Pressly’s two dogs and purse were missing as police continue their investigation.

Pressly has been a general assignment reporter with Arkansas' KATV news since 2004, according to her biography on the KATV Web site. She is a native of Greenville, S.C., but moved to Little Rock with her family while in high school.

http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news...orter-found-injured-home/?subscriber/national

I am wondering if she had a stalker and this was made to look like a robbery. You know how crazy some people get with on-air personalities. I hope she makes it as her injuries sound very serious.

They reported on Fox they did account for her two dogs, but purse is still missing and there is no sign of forced entry. This could indicate she let him in or she knew her attacker.

She is stunning. So a stalker would not be out of the realm of possibilities with her also being an on-air personality.

I would want to know her past history of relationships first tho or perhaps a contact with a neighbor.

I wouldn't rule out a stalker. I live about 2 hours away from Little Rock and my parents lived in Little Rock many years ago while my father went to medical school there. We visit quite often to shop. I'd have to say Little Rock isn't the safest place to live anymore. I know a lot of people have moved to suburbs of Little Rock (Cabot, Russellville etc.) to get away from the high crime rate in the Little Rock area so I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a random crime done by a bunch of thugs.

This instantly brought to mind Jodi Hussentruit (sp off, sorry).
It made me rethink getting my son that dog for Christmas. As, if he were walking it (with me of course, or more likely me alone walking it,) that someone can see a pattern, or even not have noticed a pattern. Fact is, you are out walking a dog, anyone can come up to you, say nice dog, or whatever....pull a gun, or even walk into your home if you think you are just going to walk the dog in the yard/sidewalk nearby your home.
This young lady is so beautiful, and in the prime of her life. Prayers she pulls through, and for her family who is obviously going through hell now.

I wouldn't rule out a stalker. I live about 2 hours away from Little Rock and my parents lived in Little Rock many years ago while my father went to medical school there. We visit quite often to shop. I'd have to say Little Rock isn't the safest place to live anymore. I know a lot of people have moved to suburbs of Little Rock (Cabot, Russellville etc.) to get away from the high crime rate in the Little Rock area so I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a random crime done by a bunch of thugs.
With no forced entry, I would find it difficult to believe it was done by a bunch of thugs tho. I doubt she would be inviting them into her home at that time of night when she had to get up so early for work. I believe we will find out this is someone she knows.

This site says your chance of being the victim of a violent crime in Little Rock is 1 in 60!!
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ar/little-rock/crime/

This instantly brought to mind Jodi Hussentruit (sp off, sorry).
It made me rethink getting my son that dog for Christmas. As, if he were walking it (with me of course, or more likely me alone walking it,) that someone can see a pattern, or even not have noticed a pattern. Fact is, you are out walking a dog, anyone can come up to you, say nice dog, or whatever....pull a gun, or even walk into your home if you think you are just going to walk the dog in the yard/sidewalk nearby your home.
This young lady is so beautiful, and in the prime of her life. Prayers she pulls through, and for her family who is obviously going through hell now.

This could easily be it. Take the dogs out for a quick last relief at night, you just leave the door unlocked. I do it every night! All someone needs to do is grab you and haul you back into the house or sneak in if you're down the street.

KATV's Anne Pressly attacked in home (Courtesy of KATV) LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - A morning anchor for a Little Rock television station was found in her home early Monday suffering from life-threatening wounds.

Little Rock police say KATV anchor Anne Pressly was found by her mother at about 4:30 a.m. lying in her bed and bleeding from "severe wounds.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8a772126-d7eb-43d7-a8f0-7138f5b37e79

:(

I meant News Anchor not achor

scares me that this could be a stalker, like so many news anchors have. :( I think back to that lady Jodi Huisentruit... they never did find her I believe.

Hmmmm...good point, Steadfast and ShowerSinger. I guess it would have been fairly easy for them for force their way in with the door opened for the dogs. They were found wandering by a neighbor. Interesting.

Hmmmm...good point, Steadfast and ShowerSinger. I guess it would have been fairly easy for them for force their way in with the door opened for the dogs. They were found wandering by a neighbor. Interesting.

Sorry I started a new post on this. I came home from work and heard it on Fox news at 4pm here.

Anyways I didn't hear her dogs were wandering that is odd. I agree with her own news station and the way they reported it.

I hope she makes it.

We almost moved to Littlerock because my son has to be at the Childrens Hospital so much. We moved 45 mins from Littlerock and glad we didn't move there. It's almost daily on the news here (we get Littlerock news stations) of shootings or attacks. I thought where I grew up was bad. This has been a wake up call for sure.

This is so crazy. I met Anna several times when she covered stories for the Humane Society I volunteered with for years. She is an absolute sweetheart.

She has an amazing heart and one of my fondest memories of her was her leaning down right before she did a taping of a story, and getting kisses from Turbo. A pit bull siezed from someone who was fighting him. Turbo ended up having to be put to sleep because of the extent of his injuries, and I remember her shedding tears and he gave her kisses.

She will be in my prayers.

The last article I read said serious condition instead of critical, so maybe she's a little better? Prayers to her and prayers they catch the attacker.

Not at all random in the area where she lived. I've lived in LR my whole life and the area is one of the wealthiest in the city. I think it was a stalker. Yes, crime is worse than ever here, but some random person just didn't happen by this house and beat her with a blunt object. They beat her so badly it cut her skin and she appeared to have been stabbed, but now they say no stabbing. My info is from watching the news on the channel she worked for as well as another news channel, www.arktimes.com blog has a good story on it if anyone wants to read and it will be updated.

She has a small role in the movie "W."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23