Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird, because the goal all along would have been to take Ashley's baby, which means the goal all along was to commit murder.

It makes no sense not to do that very early on, as opposed to waiting until Ashley's fiancé was able to see them.

But, Ashley supposedly texted him she was ready to be picked up, and it makes little to no sense for Amber to send that text, draw him in, and risk being caught.

It's fricken strange.
BBM

And thats why the story was so unbelievable for me to begin with!

But wasn't this the same Lucy that offered baby clothes, etc to her? Maybe she said, lets go to my house and get the stuff while we are out? JMO. Who knows.

It just makes no sense why you go back to Maysville to meet the husband and risk losing your chance to murder and steal the baby. 100% agree with you!

I was unusually upset about this last night. I am hoping, like you, that the fiance will receive the help he needs to heal both mentally and physically.
I also hope those that participated in this horrific crime face the harshest punishment possible.
I was as well, so much so I ended up phoning a few people hoping to talk to someone because I was so upset. I ended up talking to my neighbor who was very understanding and sympathetic.

Last edited:
I think the report is just indicating that the phone was at the kidnapper's home. There doesn't seem to be an exact time of death in the report. The phone travels are interesting.

From the report, these horrible monsters didn't leave poor Ashley's body for her family to recover. There's absolutely no limit to their depravity.

Yes, I wondered that as well. That makes sense and I think you are correct :)

IThey only included what was needed in the document, and kept the other details out to protect the integrity of the case They only gave those details to prove the connection that Amber Waterman is the correct person to be charging.

So, what else they did that day may remain untold until trial.

I still think Ashley did not feel she was in danger until they didn't pull into the Handi-Stop to meet Josh. JMO.

Wow! Amber removed a ring from Ashley. WTH? And the Lucy Barrows FB account people were talking about ended up being Amber’s.

These two killers have to be among the dumbest ever; they left a neon glowing trail that led LE directly to their doorstep.

I don’t believe Jamie is telling the whole truth but I guess we’ll get the full story soon.
The story about going into labor and then driving to a store to meet an ambulance makes no sense. Why leave her residence at all?

Maybe Ashley was dead in the truck when Josh saw her at “drop off” time? Amber could have texted to say for him to come and get her?
Normally I would think it would be a huge stretch to think a perp would drive around town, with people around (including and most importantly the fiance) with a dead woman in the passenger seat of their truck, but "Lucy" did so many things that made no sense while carrying out this horrific plan, that it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

If i'm following correctly it was Amber's husband Jamie who threw out the phone. So he was in the area. Was the original plan for them to also "disappear" Josh? Then the story would make a little more sense.
ETA. Josh may have shown up with a little one in tow, like the child he is holding in the interviews. That could have changed their plans.

Last edited:
Says the dead baby was near by

This kills me:
Smith declined to say how Valkyrie Grace was removed from Bush’s body. He said a motive for the crime remained unclear.

What an absolutely horrific crime! I hope these people never get out of prison.
I read through the complaints twice and I'm not sure if I missed it but did they locate the baby?
McDonald County Sheriff Rob Evenson told KOAM’s Shannon Becker the Watermans called 911 en route to a hospital Monday evening, October 31, 2022, claiming she had delivered a baby that was not responsive.

The couple was intercepted by the ambulance at Longview, Mo., where life-saving measures were not successful. The baby died.

Interesting fact that might relate to Amber faking a pregnancy:

Can a divorce be finalized in Missouri if one party is pregnant?​

The short answer is no.
You are allowed to file all of the necessary paperwork but paternity, child custody and child support need to be worked out after the baby is born. JMO

McDonald County Sheriff Rob Evenson told KOAM’s Shannon Becker the Watermans called 911 en route to a hospital Monday evening, October 31, 2022, claiming she had delivered a baby that was not responsive.

The couple was intercepted by the ambulance at Longview, Mo., where life-saving measures were not successful. The baby died.

Two demented acts of murder. This Waterman couple deserves to spend the rest of their sick lives in prison.

McDonald County Coroner William Goodwin told CNN by phone that the cause of the baby’s death has not been determined and that an autopsy is being performed in Little Rock.

“The baby was cut out of the mother after the mother was killed,” he said. “I don’t know if the baby came out alive or dead.”

According to Goodwin, he was contacted after the Watermans claimed Amber Waterman was a week past her due date and was having contractions in the morning. They told officials they did not have enough time to make it to the hospital and called emergency dispatch claiming to have given birth in their vehicle.

Goodwin said the woman refused medical treatment and would not take the ambulance to the hospital and wanted to leave with the baby.

“I wouldn’t let them take the baby. I’m taking custody of the baby as the county coroner,” Goodwin said.

Goodwin said the Watermans told officials they would go to the hospital on their own but didn’t have enough gas money to get there so officials gave them gas money and told them to contact the Ozark Funeral Home, which Goodwin owns, once they left the hospital. Goodwin said they were behind the ambulance but turned off on another road and no one knew if they ever made it to the hospital.

According to Goodwin, the Watermans arrived at the Ozark Funeral Home on Tuesday to make funeral arrangements with Goodwin for the baby.

“They come in here and are ready to make arrangements and have a service and cremate the baby afterwards,” Goodwin said.

This is horrifying. I don't know how they ever thought they'd get away with this.

That explains why they drove to meet the ambulance. They brought the baby in the car with them.

Because there would be no evidence of being in labor/delivery of a baby. MOO
Calling the ambulance would be part of her cover story to JW as well. At least by what he says, he didn’t know the baby wasn’t AW’s until Wednesday morning when she told him she killed Ashley.

I’m disturbed by the references in the complaint that suggest AW had two children with her throughout Monday (her own child and a relative’s child). Where the heck were they as all this was happening. It does say they the children were along for the ride to the store where they met the ambulance.

McDonald County Coroner William Goodwin told CNN by phone that the cause of the baby’s death has not been determined and that an autopsy is being performed in Little Rock.

“The baby was cut out of the mother after the mother was killed,” he said. “I don’t know if the baby came out alive or dead.”

According to Goodwin, he was contacted after the Watermans claimed Amber Waterman was a week past her due date and was having contractions in the morning. They told officials they did not have enough time to make it to the hospital and called emergency dispatch claiming to have given birth in their vehicle.

Goodwin said the woman refused medical treatment and would not take the ambulance to the hospital and wanted to leave with the baby.

“I wouldn’t let them take the baby. I’m taking custody of the baby as the county coroner,” Goodwin said.

Goodwin said the Watermans told officials they would go to the hospital on their own but didn’t have enough gas money to get there so officials gave them gas money and told them to contact the Ozark Funeral Home, which Goodwin owns, once they left the hospital. Goodwin said they were behind the ambulance but turned off on another road and no one knew if they ever made it to the hospital.

According to Goodwin, the Watermans arrived at the Ozark Funeral Home on Tuesday to make funeral arrangements with Goodwin for the baby.

“They come in here and are ready to make arrangements and have a service and cremate the baby afterwards,” Goodwin said.
Goodwin said the service was set for Wednesday and would include the couple in addition to 6 or 8 family members.

Shortly after the appointment, Goodwin received a phone call from the Benton County Coroner expressing suspicions about the identity of the baby.

“The Benton County Coroner calls me and says, ‘Hey, there is something going on with this baby. We think this is connected to the kidnapping,’” Goodwin said.

Goodwin was told the vehicle descriptions matched and that Benton County wanted to do an autopsy on the baby. Goodwin agreed but insisted the funeral happen first in case there was a mistake.

“When they get here Wednesday, we do the service with their family – everyone was very distraught – which is normal after parents who go through something so traumatic,” he said.

When Goodwin explained to Amber Waterman that the Benton County Coroner would be doing an autopsy on the baby, he said her demeanor changed and she asked if DNA tests would be conducted.

Goodwin is awaiting the results of the autopsy which will determine if the baby took a breath before death.

So I'm assuming the baby's body is at the hospital morgue now and was not part of this evil attempt to get rid of Ashley? I am so disgusted

Oops, never mind, just seeing the coroners statement in the NYPost

Last edited:
I’m disturbed by the references in the complaint that suggest AW had two children with her throughout Monday (her own child and a relative’s child). Where the heck were they as all this was happening. It does say they the children were along for the ride to the store where they met the ambulance.
oh my god… it just gets worse and worse…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆