Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald County Coroner William Goodwin told CNN by phone that the cause of the baby’s death has not been determined and that an autopsy is being performed in Little Rock.

“The baby was cut out of the mother after the mother was killed,” he said. “I don’t know if the baby came out alive or dead.”

According to Goodwin, he was contacted after the Watermans claimed Amber Waterman was a week past her due date and was having contractions in the morning. They told officials they did not have enough time to make it to the hospital and called emergency dispatch claiming to have given birth in their vehicle.

Goodwin said the woman refused medical treatment and would not take the ambulance to the hospital and wanted to leave with the baby.

“I wouldn’t let them take the baby. I’m taking custody of the baby as the county coroner,” Goodwin said.

Goodwin said the Watermans told officials they would go to the hospital on their own but didn’t have enough gas money to get there so officials gave them gas money and told them to contact the Ozark Funeral Home, which Goodwin owns, once they left the hospital. Goodwin said they were behind the ambulance but turned off on another road and no one knew if they ever made it to the hospital.

According to Goodwin, the Watermans arrived at the Ozark Funeral Home on Tuesday to make funeral arrangements with Goodwin for the baby.

“They come in here and are ready to make arrangements and have a service and cremate the baby afterwards,” Goodwin said.
Very interesting about wanting to take the baby, turning off onto another road instead of heading to the hospital and then wanting a service and cremation of the baby.

McDonald County Coroner William Goodwin told CNN by phone that the cause of the baby’s death has not been determined and that an autopsy is being performed in Little Rock.

“The baby was cut out of the mother after the mother was killed,” he said. “I don’t know if the baby came out alive or dead.”

According to Goodwin, he was contacted after the Watermans claimed Amber Waterman was a week past her due date and was having contractions in the morning. They told officials they did not have enough time to make it to the hospital and called emergency dispatch claiming to have given birth in their vehicle.

Goodwin said the woman refused medical treatment and would not take the ambulance to the hospital and wanted to leave with the baby.

“I wouldn’t let them take the baby. I’m taking custody of the baby as the county coroner,” Goodwin said.

Goodwin said the Watermans told officials they would go to the hospital on their own but didn’t have enough gas money to get there so officials gave them gas money and told them to contact the Ozark Funeral Home, which Goodwin owns, once they left the hospital. Goodwin said they were behind the ambulance but turned off on another road and no one knew if they ever made it to the hospital.

According to Goodwin, the Watermans arrived at the Ozark Funeral Home on Tuesday to make funeral arrangements with Goodwin for the baby.

“They come in here and are ready to make arrangements and have a service and cremate the baby afterwards,” Goodwin said.
Also the coroner owns the funeral home that he told them to go to?

Goodwin said the service was set for Wednesday and would include the couple in addition to 6 or 8 family members.

Shortly after the appointment, Goodwin received a phone call from the Benton County Coroner expressing suspicions about the identity of the baby.

“The Benton County Coroner calls me and says, ‘Hey, there is something going on with this baby. We think this is connected to the kidnapping,’” Goodwin said.

Goodwin was told the vehicle descriptions matched and that Benton County wanted to do an autopsy on the baby. Goodwin agreed but insisted the funeral happen first in case there was a mistake.

“When they get here Wednesday, we do the service with their family – everyone was very distraught – which is normal after parents who go through something so traumatic,” he said.

When Goodwin explained to Amber Waterman that the Benton County Coroner would be doing an autopsy on the baby, he said her demeanor changed and she asked if DNA tests would be conducted.

Goodwin is awaiting the results of the autopsy which will determine if the baby took a breath before death.
Good on Goodwin! I’m glad he kept the baby.

The EMT took baby and Amber said she'd follow them to the hospital but she didn't.

What a terrible case!!! These two are absolute monsters. To continue on and hold a service with your family in attendance, who were blindsided as well, for a baby that you killed and killed for, claiming as your own, makes it worse, if possible.

Also the coroner owns the funeral home that he told them to go to?
It's pretty common in more rural/smaller locations. Often the coroner/funeral home owner is selected, as someone who is at least knowledgeable about the handling of bodies. Where I grew up ours was elected, but I think it was done this way where my husband grew up 2 hours southwest.

I’m still confused. Did the EMTs take Amber and the baby to the hospital?

ETA: I see more info has come out since I last checked- going back to catch up.
It’s not really clear I agree. Based on what the coroner/funeral home owner said to CNN, it appears the ambulance did take the baby to the hospital but the Watermans turned the other way instead of following it to the hospital (after being given gas money because they said they didn’t have enough gas to go to the hospital but also didn’t want to ride in the ambulance).

Probably the baby was pronounced dead at the hospital and released to the coroner. Then the next day Nov 1 the Watermans called the funeral home about setting up a service. Yikes on bikes.

I believe that poor Ashley and her fiancé we desperate for money with Ashley not working. Both perhaps lower wage jobs and perhaps a bit gullible because of their situation. This is in no way victim shaming and I am not stating as fact. I believe that the horrible woman preyed on Ashley for that reason, she was an easier target. When the fiancé was speaking and there were different dates being bounced around, I took it as he really didn't know. I pray for their entire family. Poor guy and kids.

(RSBM) They were definitely struggling. The posts she made in the "Give Me Your Money Please" group show an extremely precarious situation. Posts about needing help with truck repairs, gas, also that her husband was not working/applying for disability.

Not intending to victim shame, either; just bringing some sleuthing to the table.

This is beyond horrific

I’m thinking the gunshot wound came AFTER the delivery of the little one. So this poor poor lady suffered so badly. I hope she was passed out somehow and didn’t live though a bodge job c section

Horrific beyond words I hope they throw the book at the pair of them! As we say here in the U.K.!
poor savanna greywind was alive and left to bleed to death on the floor. :(

It’s not really clear I agree. Based on what the coroner/funeral home owner said to CNN, it appears the ambulance did take the baby to the hospital but the Watermans turned the other way instead of following it to the hospital (after being given gas money because they said they didn’t have enough gas to go to the hospital but also didn’t want to ride in the ambulance).

Probably the baby was pronounced dead at the hospital and released to the coroner. Then the next day Nov 1 the Watermans called the funeral home about setting up a service. Yikes on bikes.
And, they did have a service for the baby with a few others in attendance. The coroner said they all seemed very upset.

When the coroner mentioned doing an autopsy Amber asked if they were going to do a DNA test.

I can't believe the husband went along with this insanity. Is he expecting us to believe that he thought Ashley's murder was unrelated to the baby? Is he claiming he thought the baby was his all along and that's why he went along with the murder coverup? I'm just lost on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆