GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder where the "obtained information" came from?

Sure is interesting...

Wasn't him (though I'm glad he at least did fess up to the kidnaping before being hauled off) and C wasn't on the inmate list...

Her maybe? And maybe they told him she told them he kidnapped her so he fessed up to that?

But her being by somewhere he had ties surprises me she wasn't found earlier once they also knew he stole the truck and all those avenues opened up. :thinking:

I hate to think that she may have been alive prior to the crash and then killed after when he knew LE was onto him :( Somehow that would seem even worse.

My heart hurts for the Carter family today. May their tears soon be replaced with only the flood of warm memories. What a terribly dark ending for such a bright light on this Earth.

That's the location of the concrete company he worked for. He buried her right in his own backyard.

He had to know they'd find her there...he was tied to the place.

He finally admitted to the kidnapping, but I wonder if someone else actually was in on it and they put her there (even later today once he was clearly the POI and focus of the investigation) because the other person knew it'd look even more like it was all Arron and maybe they'd be able to get away before LE realized it wasn't all Arron?

Or maybe he's truly just stupid enough to put a woman he killed not only a place he worked, but essentially to the truck he stole also?

Either way he is one evil and incredibly callous dude!

I'm just sick. I have so many questions as to why this guy was still free to roam the streets? Wasn't he on parole? Don't probation officers look at social media and watch more closely? I'm not trying to blame LE but how could this creep not be under close watch! He was flashing money on his facebook, he was purchasing property with cash...it makes no sense that he wasn't under more scrutiny.

RIP Beverly Carter, my heart breaks for your family.

They will find some consolation that she is reunited with her deceased son which I am sure had left a hole in her heart and her life.

That's the only consolation I have. It was senseless. Completely senseless.

I think the cops just used plain old common sense to find her.

He worked at a concrete company. There are always wet areas and mucky areas where they wash out the trucks and get the gunk off of them. He called his neighbor because he had gotten his truck stuck in some mud. He encountered Beverly late on Thursday afternoon, after the concrete company would have been closed for the day.

I don't see how he could have dug a hole and all of that early on Thursday without somebody at the company seeing him do it though, that is the confusing part. Was the concrete company closed on Thursday for some reason ?

I'm wondering if there is a creek bed or some sort of a ravine in close proximity to the concrete company, and that is where he was doing all the "mud" related stuff.............short of that, I don't know how he could have done all of this site prep and disposal without being observed by workers at the company.

Not that there is ever an excuse or even real reason for murder, I can't for the life of me imagine why he wanted to do it, why he chose this time/place/victim.

Realtors are not known to carry large amounts of cash although maybe he, in his ignorant and deluded mind thought that people make down payments in cash? Or something. I just can't think of a reason, unless, like her son said, "(Carter) saw a pretty woman," although that doesn't really fit with the prepared grave.

Arron & Crystal were in financial distress, I think, based on her ex-husband's child support payments being in arrears (AR public court records) and him being late in his c/s payments & losing his job. I assume he or they figuree he was about to have his parole violated for the reasons above plus possibly anticipated failed drug screens.

I just don't get i, but I am the crazy one for thinking I can think like he or they do.

So terribly sorry for the family & community's loss of a good person at the hands of of such worthless ones. (No evidence the wife knew, my assumption only.)

I sure hope LE has more we hear at some point, because like you said motive seems lacking, except financial possibly, but then even that seems unlikely, and so it seems especially senseless.

But financial seems ruled out with not taking anything of value or to gain money from her, unless they had tried the ransom route. :dunno:

I mean she'd been married since she was 16 and they had a close family, and that seems to be common knowledge, so maybe he figured Carl would do anything to get her back. And I guess that could fit with them saying they thought it was abduction so early on. But then why would Arron have killed her? Plus we just rarely see ransom cases (or not publicized)

It just seems like it'd be even harder for her family if they never hear any motive from him. :( Not that it would change anything or ever really make sense, but knowing nothing seems like you'd dwell on it over and over trying to figure it out, or if something had been missed, or...or....or. Ugh.

I hate this for all those who love Beverly and who were blessed to have her in their lives, and there were clearly a whole lot of them. I pray they rally together, and especially around her family.

I'm beginning to think maybe he did move her body sometime over the weekend. He encountered her on Thursday afternoon, but was home within an hour or so after that encounter (per the neighbor). I would think that there would still be people around the concrete company at that hour anyway.....mechanics working on trucks....the bosses hanging around to do paperwork.....guys coming in late after leaving a job site, etc.

The concrete company was open for business on Friday. They closed on Friday afternoon all the way through Monday morning. That would most likely be the best window of opportunity to get her buried and hidden--over the weekend when no one was around.

So.........where was she Thursday night ? Why wasn't he working on Thursday ? Does he still work for this company ?

I guess we'll find out sooner or later...............I'm just rambling because I don't know what else to do.......

So sorry for the Carter family :(

What day was that truck reported missing? And was it reported missing the same day it was stolen, or later?

Did he deny killing her because she was still alive the last time he saw her? The name of that concrete company is Southern Star. Is that in fact the place he worked, and the same place the truck was stolen from? I thought I saw a police report on that theft but now I can't remember for sure.

(just thinking outloud)

Such sad news to wake up to. So sad for Beverly and her family. Such a senseless thing and if they had just kept him in prison like they should have for his last sentence, he would have not been out to hurt her. They really need to stop cutting these criminals a break on their sentences if they get 20 yrs, then make them serve 20 years.

"The manager of the Little Rock cement company, Argos, told Channel 7 News that Lewis is a former employee of the company. The company believes the truck went missing Sunday night. http://www.katv.com/story/26657919/stolen-dump-truck-possibly-connected-to-beverly-carter-case

Just trying to get the facts down here. It seems "Southern Star" on Hwy 5 in Cabot (where poor BC's body was found) is actually Argos, but they have more than one location and the article says Little Rock, not Cabot. Also, AL is not a current employee but a former one.

Shannon Miller just interviewed Arron Lewis and asked why Beverly Carter.

"Because she was a rich broker," he answered. (KARK)

Shannon Lewis just interviewed Arron Miller and asked why Beverly Carter.

What? What the actual ******? He killed her because she was rich? What a !

Is it possible AL thought he was texting his wife and not Beverly's husband?

Shannon Miller just interviewed Arron Lewis and asked why Beverly Carter.

I just saw that Shannon Miller is a tv anchor, I doubt AM is being interviewed by anchors right now. Shannon Miller must be talking to people close to the case.

Who is Shannon Miller?

I'm not sure. It was tweeted by both KARK and Fox16News. KARK had tweeted a few minutes earlier that Carter was about to be walked out of the police dept or sheriff's office. He said sorry to her family. Then I guess Shannon Miller "interviewed him" (maybe shouted a question?) and that was his response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998