GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Rock Baptist is not where uninsured go - it is generally a choice for affluent people. An uninsured or state assisted person typically would have gone to UAMS.

His mumbling on the way to the back of that police car seems like he is struggling to even make a complete sentence. I do find the whole "Trevor" connection a bit suspicious...but I hope and pray that LE truly covers everything.

His answer to why Beverly..."Because she is a rich broker..." Makes me initially think he was going to try to hold her for ransom...keeping her cell...texting the family. But I think he was too stupid and his plan went to hell in a hand basket. Maybe he was holding her somewhere. He eventually had to leave her for a bit but was worried that she may escape. His reckless driving was in an effort to get back to her and he crashed. When he left the hospital...he knew his days were numbered so he finished things and buried her. Didn't he say he saw her 2 days ago? Wasn't he charged with possession of firearms. I don't think he hurt her at the vacant home. I think he somehow took her from there to another location.

I don't know...I am grasping for a motive.

Nonetheless , he is a loser and I hope he walks the green mile sooner rather than later. He is not worthy of the needle...wish they would fry him without sedation. I hope they take good care of him in the prison yard. He is undeserving of hot meals and a comfortable bed. I hope his cell mate is twice his size and hungry for attention (KWIM). I hope his son never knew him. And I hope Beverly kicked him in the goods and put up a good fight.

MOO

This is assuming he is telling the truth when he was answering those questions. From the information we have read online about him he is a liar. He lies to women. He lies to his wife. He lies to everyone. As someone so eloquently stated in the previous thread, "he is a lying liar who lies." I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. I wouldn't be surprised if he recants everything he said and claims something else when it comes time for him to actually answer to his charges. He said he didn't kill her; the police say he did. He said he kidnapped her because she was a rick broker; he didn't take her car or her purse. If he wanted her jewelry he could have simply robbed her at the house. Her money wasn't the motive to kidnap or kill her. He said someone else was involved; the police have dismissed that "Trevor" was involved. When in the car accident he stated it was caused by another car that cut him off; there was no other car that cut him off. He said he was sorry; I don't see one shred of remorse in anything that he has said or done since he was arrested (he sure didn't tell the police where she was and he had half of a day to give them that information if he was truly remorseful.) I would be very, very, very surprised if anything that we know that he has said actually ends up being the truth. MOO.

Lewis just wanted a victim, it didn't matter which agent it was, any female would do fine. This was most likely his idea of how to commit the perfect crime and make someone vanish without a trace. He could have found out anytime during their meeting or after he abducted her that she was a Broker. It was most likely printed right on her business card.

Initially, I thought he targeted her.....but after all of the referral information came to light, it appears that it was most likely random.

I still think he dug the shallow grave in advance of the abduction though, that is really the only way it could have happened and still be in the timeline his neighbor described. When he got his truck stuck in the mud earlier that day, and called his neighbor to help pull him out, he wasn't worried about witnesses at that point because no crime had been committed yet.

His neighbor said she saw him washing the mud off his truck later that afternoon, he had a scratched up face, wasn't smiling, and had shaved his head.........all after around 5:30 p.m. when he would have met Beverly. I assume she said "afternoon" because it was still daylight. That is a very, very small window of time for him to have done much other than grab her, speed over to the burial site, cover it up, and drive home. Only Lewis himself would know what the motive was, and I have doubts it was even a sexual motive, there just wasn't enough time involved.

I think this is one of those bizarre crimes where the perp decides to kill somebody simply to see what it feels like. With all of the weight loss his neighbors described, I have no doubt he was speeding at 100 mph on crystal meth and God only knows what else. He is just chock full of self-loathing and rage, and coupled with the drugs, it gave him the imagined courage to try and pull off what he considered to be the perfect crime.

Reminds me of Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment"

I think that this was an unplanned crime of rage. I think that AL made the appointment with the intent of actually viewing the homes. I think that during the showing BC may have said something to him indicating that he would never qualify to purchase any of these homes and maybe even suggested he look at something smaller/cheaper. I think that something she said was offensive to his ego and put him into a rage. Everything that happened after that moment was just a disorganized attempt to cover-up the crime. JMO -There is nothing to back my theory, it is simply the feeling I get from his behavior and facebook and history.

What is so weird is when he said that the last time he saw her (Beverly) was 2 days ago and that Trevor had sent him a bunch of texts, but the police wanted his (AL's) phone. So was she being held for days or what?

Made sense to me to but didn't they say the dump truck keys were on him? I thought I read that. Do they just leave keys in dump trucks so anyone (on shift) doesn't have to waste time finding/passing along keys on a job site?

Yes, one news article did state that a former co-worker said he did not turn in his keys when he was fired (or quit. I don't know what they say happened with his job.)

I don't know if companies can have all of their heavy equipment keyed the same or not.

He was just claiming that the last time he saw (two days ago) her she was alive... he had no idea what might have happened after that. Must be TM did something cause the PoPo was asking for his cell phone and texts between him and TM. He's a lying liar who lies.

MOO - I think he sent texts to TM during this time to ask for a ride - maybe from the hospital.

What is so weird is when he said that the last time he saw her (Beverly) was 2 days ago and that Trevor had sent him a bunch of texts, but the police wanted his (AL's) phone. So was she being held for days or what?

I don't believe he acted alone, he was just the dumb one that got caught. Throughout all this, he had to have some help. If for nothing else, just for navigating around the city/town as quickly as he did. I still want info on the silver car that was seen at Old River Rd address. I can't help but think it was his "helper".

Whether he was the actual murderer or not, he will take the fall for all involved (assuming there are others). His IQ level can't be very high.

I don't think I can post what I know about the dump truck because it's not released. I have a friend whose relative works for the company the dump truck was stolen from.
Just drive by a Crye Lieke sign with Beverly Carter as listing agent in west little rock. :(

If he didn't act alone surely there will be other's dna to evaluate. It is so hard to think of how long, how much she suffered and what condition she was left in. I pray that there are clues in her shallow grave.

I don't think I can post what I know about the dump truck because it's not released. I have a friend whose relative works for the company the dump truck was stolen from.
Just drive by a Crye Lieke sign with Beverly Carter as listing agent in west little rock. :(

That's so sad, haven't thought about her clients, I've been so caught up in her family and their pain.

I think that this was an unplanned crime of rage. I think that AL made the appointment with the intent of actually viewing the homes. I think that during the showing BC may have said something to him indicating that he would never qualify to purchase any of these homes and maybe even suggested he look at something smaller/cheaper. I think that something she said was offensive to his ego and put him into a rage. Everything that happened after that moment was just a disorganized attempt to cover-up the crime. JMO -There is nothing to back my theory, it is simply the feeling I get from his behavior and facebook and history.

Why would he be looking at homes for sale? He had lost his job (which he held only a few months, after many months of unemployment, I think) and was behind on his child support.

However, I also can't imagine where he would have gotten the $17,000 in cash to buy the last place so I may be overlooking something obvious. If I am, please clue me in. I'm unable to get a grasp on him with so many confusing details about him.

Why would he be looking at homes for sale? He had lost his job (which he held only a few months, after many months of unemployment, I think) and was behind on his child support.

However, I also can't imagine where he would have gotten the $17,000 in cash to buy the last place so I may be overlooking something obvious. If I am, please clue me in. I'm unable to get a grasp on him with so many confusing details about him.

I think all that cash he was flashing came from him ripping off a drug dealer or something similar. Someone who wouldn't report it to police.

Maybe he stole a car and sold it for cash on Craigslist before the buyer was aware it was hot. All this guy knows how to do is steal.

Guys like this are like cockroaches, you smash them one place and they pop up somewhere else unexpected.

I agree with you. There is no way that he would qualify for a home loan without a job (I would also venture to say he doesn't have great credit either) unless he was planning on using wife/gf to qualify. BUT remember, he said he was a cash buyer. He would have to show proof of funds but there would be no need to qualify for a loan.

I agree fully, unplanned!

I seriously think this was one of his scams. I think he is a manipulative scammer. He is also highly narcissistic and emotionally stunted. His Facebook, is loaded with evident low self esteem and points to his relationships with women being his evidence of self worth.

Like any red flag abusive personality he would be very charming, and it is evident on his Facebook that any new relationship is met with many gifts in the beginning. Such as the one last fall, about start, buys her a puppy, a car, maybe even a house (according to his way too public Facebook drama) ... It's all correlated to his self worth, being good enough...

So I am guessing that the breakup or pending breakup of AL and his wife, spurned him to either reach out to someone new, or in an attempt to impress his wife back, led him to seek out this home and BC.

I think it was a real estate scam he set up, I think BC, caught on rather quickly once she met him and called him on it, I think he reacted... Violently.

He didn't pre-plan her murder, IMO.
He is a reactive personality, not a proactive.

Entirely my opinion.

I do remember reading in the comments on some random site in the beginning of this case a former CO , from when AL was incarcerated stated that AL is one of the most dangerously manipulative inmates he had ever dealt with (paraphrased) ...

I think all that cash he was flashing came from him ripping off a drug dealer or something similar. Someone who wouldn't report it to police.

Maybe he stole a car and sold it for cash on Craigslist before the buyer was aware it was hot. All this guy knows how to do is steal.

Guys like this are like cockroaches, you smash them one place and they pop up somewhere else unexpected.

I agree that he is a slimeball but anyone 33 years old showing up with a large sum of cash and no job is screaming illegal activity unless he could prove otherwise. He is definitely a cockroach :)

I found that weird too! I think he was so strung out at that point that he didn't know the difference between two days and two weeks. It's easy to lose track of time when you haven't slept in days. Also, I don't think it matters so much what he says anyways. He is all over the map.

Where did the information on the second smaller silver car come from? I read it once as rumor in the comment section of a FB page. Was it in MSM or posted as fact on the FB FB page in the beginning? Every FB post I read regarding Beverly still has at least one person stating that the car accident photo was uploaded to her iCloud account as though it is fact. Wondering if the second car is fact or just Internet rumor? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater