GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a Realtor detail to point out in terms of the abduction. When Carl Sr arrived at the house he said the front door was wide open. There is no professional Realtor anywhere of any decent caliber who leaves a listing without locking up, especially the front door. IMO there is no way in the world she left that listing willingly for any reason whatsoever. It's second nature. You do not leave a front door open. AL and his attnys may not have considered this when coming up with "she went willingly" story.

As for the divorce, (good find beaglbrd!) - CL of many names has had many marriages & divorces at early age. The string of married names is astounding, although most the unions were very short lived. Public record. The "L" name came from a more recent marriage that produced 2 kids. There was a "T" name from a Texas marriage that produced another child.

I would very much like to know who was and was not involved during the search period where reportedly hundreds were scouring the land looking for Beverly. This could be extremely valuable information if looking for a motive beyond robbery or sex crime.

And feel free to delete, mods, if I've broken any forum rules here! I think I'm getting the hang of it. ;)

Is it common practice for a realtor to leave a door OPEN while they are showing a house to prospective buyers? If the story is true that the neighbors saw a car backed into the driveway, then he could have incapacitated her somehow and then put her in the trunk from the garage, thereby just leaving the front door open. He was probably in such a hurry to leave he was not even paying attention to the front door. MOO

Is it common practice for a realtor to leave a door OPEN while they are showing a house to prospective buyers? If the story is true that the neighbors saw a car backed into the driveway, then he could have incapacitated her somehow and then put her in the trunk from the garage, thereby just leaving the front door open. He was probably in such a hurry to leave he was not even paying attention to the front door. MOO

No. General practice is no door open at any time. I go early to set up which can be as simple as putting lights on, airing out if needed, clearing, dusting a bit, whatever .... Door closed and locked the minute I get inside. And I wait for client to knock. They come in, door closed behind them. When we're done I will walk them to the door and close it behind them to shut down lights, doors locks etc. the only doors one might leave open during showing would be a patio door to go out and see the yard or view. My mind is wanting to recreate the departure from the house to get a better idea of the whole crime, so I'm kind of hung up on the door!

Is there anywhere online they show the whole interview ? It was stated they talked with him for a whole hour, but the 3 segments I saw were only a few minutes each, if that.

I haven't found one either. I don't know why these television reporters can't just play a straight interview, especially with someone like this. They always want to provide 20 second snippets with their unwanted input along the way, for a grand total of 1 minute worth of actual interview. Just shut up and let the guy talk already !!

Oh, O/T but for anybody following the Hannah Graham case, she was found yesterday....deceased.

See thread here...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...014-**Awaiting-Forensic-Confirmation**/page41

It will pick up again. Nothing new to talk about. Still alot of unanswered questions so maybe when he makes court appearances some stuff will come out.

Could just be so many regular posters are on the Hannah Graham thread for the time being. Everyone will be back as that case settles a bit (as Beverly's has for now) and new information is revealed here. The ebb and flow of these cases is fairly consistent across the board. So many WSers follow numerous cases - I don't know how they keep everything straight. Tip of the hat to them!

I really wish they would give AL the death penalty. I have to say that Beverly raised a really nice and gracious son, I occasionally look at his posts on his FB page and he is just so sincere and I feel so sad for him and his family. She was truly a special lady, and AL deserves death for what he did to her and her family.

After reading the latest remarks and understanding he's delusional, so do I - DP worthy.
I laughed out loud but am outraged at the suggestion Beverly was a swinger and used illicit drugs. Crazy imo.

People have to realize there are "normal" people in existence. Everyone isn't living "dirty", just because some people do. Imperfection is sometimes in the form of impatience or some tiny flaw. I can name people who are pretty close to being perfect as far as their morals go. They exist.

This guy is clearly a tool and touched in the head (in his own world type of thinking, not crazy).

After reading the latest remarks and understanding he's delusional, so do I - DP worthy.
I laughed out loud but am outraged at the suggestion Beverly was a swinger and used illicit drugs. Crazy imo.

People have to realize there are "normal" people in existence. Everyone isn't living "dirty", just because some people do. Imperfection is sometimes in the form of impatience or some tiny flaw. I can name people who are pretty close to being perfect as far as their morals go. They exist.

This guy is clearly a tool and touched in the head (in his own world type of thinking, not crazy).

When is his next court date?

When is his next court date?

https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...o=P&case_id=PCS-14-7015&begin_date=&end_date=

Plea and arraignment is 11/4 at 9 a.m. for the wreck. On 12/1 at 9 a.m. there is a Clerk Review for the murder/kidnapping charges. Not sure what a Clerk Review is. He's plead not guilty to the murder/kidnapping. I'm thinking he won't be brought from prison for the wreck charges on 11/4, but I don't know this to be fact. Info from http://pulaskiclerk.com/ since link probably won't take you directly to the case.

ADC employee resigns after TV interview regarding Arron Lewis case
Posted: Oct 15, 2014 4:25 PM MST Updated: Oct 24, 2014 10:20 AM MST

LITTLE ROCK (KATV) -

UPDATE (10/24/14): An Arkansas Department of Correction employee has resigned after participating in a television interview regarding the Arron Lewis case.
Two employees were placed on administrative leave while ADC conducted a complete review of the circumstances surrounding the interview. One employee returned to work Monday and received no disciplinary action. The other employee, who remained on administrative leave, has resigned. The resignation went into effect at the close of business on Thursday.

The names of the employees will not be released, because the review did not result in a suspension or termination.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

Two employees with the Arkansas Department of Correction have been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into a recent media interview granted to a local television station with inmate Arron Lewis, according to ADC Spokeswoman Dina Tyler.
Lewis is currently being held as an inmate in a Department of Correction prison on a parole revocation following his arrest for capital murder in the Beverly Carter case.

Tyler said the interview with Arron Lewis was arranged through the normal process of approval, but the inmate's security status made the interview against department policy.

Arron Lewis held two security statuses which prohibited interviews: maximum security inmate status and administrative security status. Administrative security status means Lewis is kept from the general population for security measures. An inmate with these statuses under department policy is allowed letters or to add a person to a telephone call list, but is not allowed to have a face-to-face interview with the media.

Tyler said no discipline has been taken against the employees on administrative leave until the circumstances surrounding the interview are reviewed. ADC is not releasing the names or titles of those on leave unless more disciplinary action is taken.

All documents in correlation to Arron Lewis's September 29 capital murder arrest remain under seal from the public and media while investigators finish work on the case.

Pulaski County Prosecutor Larry Jegley says he is still considering asking a judge for a gag order in the case.

CL went to a haunted house this weekend and posted pics on fb that I think are very distasteful. Maybe it's just me. But I wouldn't be out and about having a good old time and taking pics at halloween like a murder victim if I was this closely related to a case. But then again, she married AL so obviously she lacks a lot in good judgement.

Just noticed she also has a healing black eye in the pictures. [emoji15]

Not sure if this has been posted or not. Also don't know if this is the kind of source considered illegitimate here so feel free to delete if so! From a weekly Arkansas newspaper Arkansas Leader... and it gives an indication of possible financial motive - (which still however doesn't fly so well with the purse, wallet and car not being stolen...) Writer claims that AL showed up at the paper's offices job seeking just prior to the kidnapping / murder but never filled out the application he took. We know he lost the cement company job just prior to - then there was that reported very loud domestic fighting going on with CL also just prior to the kidnapping. So it would appear there could well have been some urgency on the financial end that might have lead to a plot to kidnap Beverly but .... again, that doesn't make sense when you add the items NOT taken that had value and were right there in reach on that day. But it gives another little piece of the puzzle that minimally helps explain the domestic squabbles at home with CL that might well have been due to lack of funds.

http://arkansasleader.blogspot.com/2014/10/top-storykiller-at-our-front-door.html

@KATVNews: BREAKING: Murder suspect Arron Lewis' wife Crystal Lowery being charged in connection with realtor Beverly Carter's death. Details soon.

I could see her aiding him after the fact. He moved over a lot of terrain(if the theories are right) that Sunday night.

I also wonder if it had to do with jewelry or belongings. Guess we will find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong