CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

GUILTY AR - Bob & Jerrod Castleman for mailing copperhead snake to foe, Pocahontas, 2002

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Casshew, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (Reuters) -- An Arkansas lawyer and his son will soon be heading to prison after pleading guilty to mailing a threatening communication -- a poisonous snake.

Bob Sam Castleman, an attorney and former city judge in Pocahontas, Arkansas, and his son, Jerrod, were charged with mailing a cardboard box containing a venomous copperhead snake to a neighbor with whom they had feuded. The two pleaded guilty in federal court on Wednesday.

Story from CNN Law
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/01/29/snake.conviction.reut/index.html

2. LP Moderator

LP Moderator Former Member

When I saw the titled of your thread, I thought you were going to tell us he mailed himself! LOL

:crazy: :crazy:

3. Imon128

Imon128 Former Member

Waaay too funny, LP Moderator!! ROFLMAO

4. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

Not a chance! I love my lawyer... about 10 years ago she made me a very wealthy woman... not a money worry for the rest of my life (or my daughter's... or her childrens.. (if she has some) and so on and so on)

Acutally my lawyer is a 'little person' I guess is the politically correct term.. (a midget) but my goodness what a fighter she is and what spirit she has.

She is amazing, the first time I met her I was taken aback, I had spoken to her on the phone but had no idea about her size.

Good things come in small packages ~ she has had an uphill battle her whole like, she is very frank about discussing it - it was interesting when she told me many times she is not taken seriously (at first) in the court room but by the end of the day she is taller than anyone inthe room - [​IMG]

She is an amazing woman although the people I took to court may think she is a snake.... [​IMG]

I however, am forever in her debt. [​IMG]

5. Imon128

Imon128 Former Member

"I however, am forever in her debt. "

That begs the question...it would eat into that big settlement, no?

Money doesn't buy class, JMO, though.

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

That wasn't the end of the Castlemans' misadventures. A feature article from April 2015 paints the bigger picture:

http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/a-killing-in-pocahontas/Content?oid=3811759