AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that's rice hull ash? It degrades to a silica, and I think is used in things like cement production. Anyone know for sure?

Eta, never mind. Sorry got4, just missed your post.

Yes, sorry it is not coal. I am not sure what to call it... ash mound? It is huge, 18-wheelers drive to the top and dump. It is very visible from a topography map.

I actually think the term "ash heap" is biblical, but I also think of the Valley of Ashes in The Great Gatsby -- where the eyes of Dr. Eckleburg watch everything that goes on between in the poor parts between Long Island and Manhattan. The rice hulls shipped to NW Arkansas are used as chicken litter at poultry farms hauled off by at least two subcontractors straight from the mills. Producers tried developing a burner for steam power in the early 1980s. (I think) Riceland just burns it with some ash occasionally being resold to use as a "base?" for solid fertilizer. The hulls being removed from the mills is a 24/7 job for truckers. When you mentioned Hartz Seed Road, I thought "Wow" that is awful close to duck gumbo tent. That's the way to get to a T with Yoder Road avoiding the highway.

So that 24/7 truck route is from SE Stuttgart to NW Arkansas?

So that 24/7 truck route is from SE Stuttgart to NW Arkansas?

It is actually NE Stuttgart where the new Glover/Berry overpass was completed within the last two years. The bridge is a shortcut from Park Ave. to Mack's Corner. The main rice hull subcontractor runs short local route 24/7 to a nearby plant that stores, dries and bags hulls before shipping them BY RAIL or brokered truck to far NWA farms affiliated with THE GIANT chicken company. But there is a family trucking company that takes their individual truck loads on single runs to smaller chicken farms not as far away (but still the other side of Little Rock where farmers have poultry instead of row crops). These brothers have several young children of their own and are making runs that bring them home each night. It takes less than two hours to cycle through the mill chambers, so there are at least 10 truckloads (8 big / 2 little co. ?) rotating through each day. It only shuts down for three major holidays or major repairs.

Most kids in my daughter's peer group do not do I-pods anymore. the phones have pretty much replaced them and daughter and friends use earbuds when streaming their music thru the phones.

I would think you would need a data plan for the music streaming wouldnt you? Cassie may or may not have had an LG smartphone that had run out of minutes or didnt...So she must have been on a plan that included data at least for her.

I would think you would need a data plan for the music streaming wouldnt you? Cassie may or may not have had an LG smartphone that had run out of minutes or didnt...So she must have been on a plan that included data at least for her.

She had Straight Talk (same as me)... it is unlimited talk, text, and internet for $45 a month and only sold at Wal-Mart or on their website. Also, if they did have a computer at home with internet and a wireless router then she could use the home's internet while there.

As far as her "running out of minutes" I think her monthly plan had come to an end and JC had to purchase a new card and load it on her account, which can be done over the phone, online, or from the phone itself.

STM,
Does your phone show usage breakdown? Also, does it have a GPS feature?

Coyote trail goose carcass.gifVegetation.gif

I had to weaken the phone camera pics to gifs to upload, but this gives you an idea of what vegetation looked like today. I can tell where coyotes have been by the piles of goose feathers left behind in various places along creek.

STM,
Does your phone show usage breakdown? Also, does it have a GPS feature?

Yes, it does show usage kind of... It shows what uses the battery and what percentage. Under location services is has a few different things you can check and uncheck: Access to my location, Use GPS satellites, Use wireless networks, My places, and Camera (where you can tag your current location). The 'Use GPS Satellites" lets you allow apps to use GPS to pinpoint your location and 'Use Wireless Networks" allows apps to use Google's location service to estimate your location faster.

Another point to debate . . . Do these dogs match? Left one (Cassie's dog Zoey, or ZoZo) was taken 2013. Right one was taken 2014. I am on the verge of taking it to the vet to verify the age.

Dog match.jpg

Hard to tell with the resolution, but if the riser in left pic is standard, that's one little guy. Why are you wondering? Trying to date pics?

Hard to tell with the resolution, but if the riser in left pic is standard, that's one little guy. Why are you wondering? Trying to date pics?

I am certain of the dates. The 2013 dog was still growing in Cassie's picture. We found this stray dog under our house. No one has claimed it as a lost/recognized dog on FB. No one reported similar dog lost to either vet in town, so its time to take her in for a checkup. If more than four years old by teeth, I know it can't be Cassie's. Really wondering if she is the middle dog of three from Cassie's house that somehow found it's way to my house. I have driven past their house in the morning a few times, but never at night where she could follow me home. She would have to cross King's Bayou to get to me out in the country.

STM, do you have data limits or is the data unlimited as well?

Yes, it does show usage kind of... It shows what uses the battery and what percentage. Under location services is has a few different things you can check and uncheck: Access to my location, Use GPS satellites, Use wireless networks, My places, and Camera (where you can tag your current location). The 'Use GPS Satellites" lets you allow apps to use GPS to pinpoint your location and 'Use Wireless Networks" allows apps to use Google's location service to estimate your location faster.

Do you get a bill breakdown that shows incoming/outgoing texts and calls?

Shortly after 2gb of data it will slow down drastically so it really isnt unlimited data. You do not get a bill or any monthly usage statements from Straight Talk. In a situation like Cassie's you have to request the records and it has to be the person who the phone is listed under. You have to fill out a form, have it notorized, and mail it in. So if the phone is in JC's name (like it should be in a normal family dynamic) then she could make the requests. However, I am pretty sure it would only show basic info like incoming and outgoing call/text times and phone number it was sent to or came from. There wouldnt be dialogue for the texts. LE would have to have a warrant to acquire the records I am pretty sure... and there is no reason they could not get one and have these as evidence.

Another point to debate . . . Do these dogs match? Left one (Cassie's dog Zoey, or ZoZo) was taken 2013. Right one was taken 2014. I am on the verge of taking it to the vet to verify the age.

View attachment 64604
I would definitely get the pup checked out. Its hard to tell by the photos if its the same one. The lighting in the first photo is pretty shadowed, looks like later in the day. Your photo has interior lights so the fur appears lighter.

I am certain of the dates. The 2013 dog was still growing in Cassie's picture. We found this stray dog under our house. No one has claimed it as a lost/recognized dog on FB. No one reported similar dog lost to either vet in town, so its time to take her in for a checkup. If more than four years old by teeth, I know it can't be Cassie's. Really wondering if she is the middle dog of three from Cassie's house that somehow found it's way to my house. I have driven past their house in the morning a few times, but never at night where she could follow me home. She would have to cross King's Bayou to get to me out in the country.

bless your heart for taking care of this pup...:grouphug:

http://www.katv.com/story/26629268/fbi-involved-in-missing-stuttgart-girl

"In an interview with Compton's mother last Friday, Judy Compton said her daughter came home from an outing with a friend in Dewitt on Sunday Night. She was home for a short time, said very little to her parents and then walked out the front door. She has been gone ever since."
Thank you. I have read that before, but completely overlooked that it was reported by the FBI. I wonder what they are doing about it now....

Something I recently learned which is off topic/on topic: "Burners" or prepaid cell phones can be tracked/traced/pinged etc without a warrant by LE. The ruling was, essentially, that someone purchasing a device like this does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy when it comes to the use of the phone and it's location. LINK HERE Different courts have ruled different things when it comes to the content of the phones such as txt messages etc. I dont believe that warrants covering the information are all that difficult to obtain, especially in a case like this one where the cell phone info of several of the insiders might paint a specific story as to what happened the weekend or in the weeks prior to Cassie's disappearance.

Now in certain states like MA, NJ and MD, warrants have to be obtained first. But I dont think that is the case in AR. In any case, if there was any kind of family or shared plan for the cell phones in the home, I would think that the owner of the plan would have granted access.

I think subsequent phone info on the next set of phones everyone is using, if they changed that is, seems likely to be gathered as well. I wonder if HS needed to turn over his phone to LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288