AR AR - Chelsea Woods, 38, Clinton, 28 Aug 2022 *last seen in the woods near her home*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
www.fox16.com

Family of Clinton woman missing for months plead for help in search

A woman from Clinton has been reported missing after several attempts to contact her.

Chelsea Woods, 38, was last seen on Aug 28 in the woods near her home.

“I would talk with her quite a bit and her mother every day, and then all of a sudden nothing,” remembers Woods’ aunt, Renee Hastings.

After three days without communication, Hastings called Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office (VBCSO) for a wellness check, but deputies only found an open door, Woods’ cat, but no sign of her.

[...]

According to witnesses quoted from a VBCSO incident report, on Aug 28, Chelsea Woods was “talking all sorts of crazy and she ran out the door into the woods.”

When deputies located Woods, they tried for almost an hour to convince her to return home with no success.

[...]

Chelsea is approximately 5-foot-3, 180 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. If you have seen her or have any information in reference to her whereabouts, please call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at (501) 745-2112.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Chelsea's NAMUS page:

I wonder if she currently wears glasses or was wearing them when she went missing. It wasn't mentioned in the article nor is it noted on NamUs. Seems that would be pertinent information in the event they're found in the woods or somewhere else...? MOO

1667354754488.png

LouLou74

Reaction score
"When deputies located Woods, they tried for almost an hour to convince her to return home with no success."

So they found her, tried to convince her to return home and then what? They left her out there? There seems to be information missing from this story.

Boymom1234

Reaction score
"When deputies located Woods, they tried for almost an hour to convince her to return home with no success."

So they found her, tried to convince her to return home and then what? They left her out there? There seems to be information missing from this story.
So no one responded to your reply. Did they find her. I know her.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
So no one responded to your reply. Did they find her. I know her.
Welcome to Websleuths, Boymom. She is still listed as missing in NamUs. :(

Missing Person / NamUs #MP95027

View NamUs missing person case MP95027 for Chelsea Brooke Woods missing from Clinton, Arkansas. Date of last contact: Aug 28, 2022. NCMEC case number: --.
namus.nij.ojp.gov
namus.nij.ojp.gov

Reaction score
Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office

Upon the family’s request: Chelsea Brooke Woods age 38 was last seen north of Clinton, Arkansas on August 30th 2022. Chelsea is approximately 5’9”, 180 lbs Brown hair and Brown eyes. If you seen her or have any information in reference to her whereabouts, please call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at 501-745-2112.

Morrilton Police Department

MPD shared VBSO’s post on Nov 1 with this note. Since it was a shared post, I can’t seem to link directly to it:

Officers have been informed that Chelsea has been possible in the Morrilton area. If anyone has seen her please contact our dispatch or Van Buren County Sheriffs Department.

Last edited:
Reaction score

In my opinion, the wording of the Facebook posts from law enforcement is odd, too. I am not sure how to read between the lines, though. From the reports, it sounds like Chelsea’s behavior was unusual, and family is worried. I hope she returns home okay.

BeginnerSleuther

Verified Physician
Reaction score
Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office

Upon the family’s request: Chelsea Brooke Woods age 38 was last seen north of Clinton, Arkansas on August 30th 2022. Chelsea is approximately 5’9”, 180 lbs Brown hair and Brown eyes. If you seen her or have any information in reference to her whereabouts, please call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at 501-745-2112.

Morrilton Police Department

MPD shared VBSO’s post on Nov 1 with this note. Since it was a shared post, I can’t seem to link directly to it:

Officers have been informed that Chelsea has been possible in the Morrilton area. If anyone has seen her please contact our dispatch or Van Buren County Sheriffs Department.

Wait, is she 5'9" or 5'3"? The first post says 5'3". Huge difference between the two, both in height and body stature given the weight remains the same.

BeginnerSleuther

Verified Physician
Reaction score

They likely had no choice. They can't force her to come home or go anywhere else.

Ontario Mom

stay safe ♥ be kind
Reaction score
www.fox16.com

Family of Clinton woman missing for months plead for help in search

A woman from Clinton has been reported missing after several attempts to contact her.

Chelsea Woods, 38, was last seen on Aug 28 in the woods near her home.

“I would talk with her quite a bit and her mother every day, and then all of a sudden nothing,” remembers Woods’ aunt, Renee Hastings.

After three days without communication, Hastings called Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office (VBCSO) for a wellness check, but deputies only found an open door, Woods’ cat, but no sign of her.

[...]

According to witnesses quoted from a VBCSO incident report, on Aug 28, Chelsea Woods was “talking all sorts of crazy and she ran out the door into the woods.”

When deputies located Woods, they tried for almost an hour to convince her to return home with no success.

[...]

Chelsea is approximately 5-foot-3, 180 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. If you have seen her or have any information in reference to her whereabouts, please call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at (501) 745-2112.
I'm sure curious what she was saying that made them consider it "talking all sorts of crazy".

Crazy like, "I hate my job and I'm moving to a cave" or, crazy like "aliens are coming and we have to hide"?

jmo

Detectivediva

Reaction score
I'm sure curious what she was saying that made them consider it "talking all sorts of crazy".

Crazy like, "I hate my job and I'm moving to a cave" or, crazy like "aliens are coming and we have to hide"?

jmo
IMO it was more like the latter. I think the former might be described as erratic behavior. Hopefully they'll clarify soon.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
DEC 13, 2022
Authorities are still looking for a Clinton, Ark. woman who has been missing since late August.

[...]

A wellness check by sheriff’s deputies three days later only found an open door at Woods’ residence and her cat, but no sign of her. Deputies searched the surrounding area and called for her over one of the patrol unit’s PA systems, but there was no response.

[...]