AR AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Cubby, Jan 22, 2011.

1. luulabobss

luulabobss Well-Known Member

I agree. The resemblance is uncanny.

Keane likes this.

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Well-Known Member

Yes I know CODIS exclusions are not listed.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  3. Gameman

Gameman Well-Known Member

After further review, it is only possible if Anita's father wasn't her father (which is doubtful since she has a definite Nordic appearance and tall stature), OR one her father's brothers fathered the first cousin in Alabama. This is NOT possible because the father was an only child. The third possibility is really a long shot, which is that Anita's grandfather fathered a male child outside of marriage, then that male child went on to father the cousin in Alabama. He would have had to have done this after immigrating to the USA because his only child (Anita's father) was born while he was still living in Finland.

I suppose it is an uncanny resemblance and nothing more. I'm shocked.

mp_1989 and luulabobss like this.
  4. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

The FB page for EDJD stated on May 22, 2018 (concerning Anita Qvist):
    DNA status under inquire- trying to get it.

Also says SUBMITTED so looks like they submitted this PM back then.

sunnynz, j_in_c and Gameman like this.
  5. Moosebegoose

Moosebegoose Active Member

Is Anita Qvist connected in any way to the Blevins family that has been mentioned earlier in this thread? The resemblance there is uncanny.

Keane, luulabobss and Gameman like this.
  6. Gameman

If she is, it would be through maternal lineage
    Anita is a first generation American on her father's side. He was born in Finland. Her mother's maiden name was Irwin. If there is a relation, it would probably be on the maternal side.

sunnynz likes this.
  7. Darianne

Darianne Well-Known Member

I no longer believe they are the same person at all. If you look at the morgue photos of EDJD, it not only doesn't look like EDJD in life, but it looks less like Anita at all. I think the only thing known about Anita's family is the mother died in the early 80s and the father and the brother died exactly 20 years apart, on the same day. Seems like something was going on where everyone died relatively young (mother in her early 40's brother in mid-40s and father in early-50s)

8. Darianne

Could she have been adopted? The mother seems to have had many siblings and step-siblings. She appeared to be the eldest. It was common for older married siblings to adopt their own their younger sister's children if they were underage or unmarried at the time of the birth and were considering putting the baby up for adoption. This happens far more than many people realize and accounts for a lot of confusion on family tree sites because DNA shows a farther connection (like niece instead of child), and the only explanation is the birth mother gave the child to the older sibling to raise as her own. A good friend of mine found out that his mom was actually his grandma and his 'older sister' was his mom—after submitting his dna to Ancestry. It was quite a shock and his 'grandma' confirmed it. His mother had died years before of a drug overdose, so it began to make sense but finding out as an adult really has messed him up.

sunnynz, EllieFox and Gameman like this.
  9. coco

coco Active Member

Sorry I’ve gotten a bit lost amongst it all, can someone please clarify for me, whats the closest family match that has been found for EDJD so far? Thank you

sunnynz, Alleykins and Ajaygee11 like this.
  10. blackbeary

blackbeary Well-Known Member

There was a post in here from her cousin, stating that they named EDJD " Memory" . At first she thought they were sister's. I've scrolled back but I can't find the post.

11. WildhorseC

WildhorseC Member

It was amazingly easy. I had fake IDs with my pic on them in both ik & ark when I was younger-mine was so I could work. I was 14 and borrowed a friends bc ( she had same hair /eye colors & same appx height/weight) went to tag office & told them I lost my drivers license so they took my pic and stuck it on a license with her info on it. Also at one point I took my bc and cut out letters/numbers like tbe issuing date and then used scotch tape and taped them where I needed then made more copies-basically until you could no longer see the tape marks.
    with computers and taking thumbprints you couldn’t get by with it today but back then super easy

12. Darianne

I agree it was super easy to not only fake your ID this way, but you could literally walk into a DMV and give any name you wanted. In those days if you wanted to change your name, you just had to use the new name in all facets of your life, including business and family. This was the 'common law' way to change your name and many people did it. If EDJD was close to 30 at her death, then this would have been something she could have easily done throughout the 80's. I think by the 90's it was significantly harder if not impossible

Moosebegoose, Deguello and mp_1989 like this.
  13. Gameman

They have found a female first cousin...their fathers were brothers, but nobody in the family knows who she or her mother could be. It's speculative, but perhaps EDJD's mother lived similarly to the way she did.

sk716, sunnynz, Moosebegoose and 8 others like this.
  14. Gameman

GedCom matched EDJD with a second cousin. That woman, Christina, is the daughter of EDJD's first cousin once removed, Tina.

Here is a screenshot of the family tree with only the essential people. It doesn't need to go any higher up than her grandparents, Daniel and Mamie Wood. In that little snapshot should be the answer to who EDJD is. In theory, EDJD's last name would be Wood, but she may have never even known who her father was.

The great-grandparents had five boys that lived past childhood. The cousin's grandfather, NR Wood, is not a possibility. One of his full brothers (C, W, A, or R) is EDJD's grandfather. How crazy is it that her identity is still no closer to being solved?

Also, feel free to clarify if any of this is incorrect. It's my research only so it's far from fact.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2021
  15. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Based on my own personal experience, where 4 single women in my life had babies in the 70s, 3 of them by one night stands, on purpose, and 1 having an affair with a married neighbor and got pregnant by mistake, I don't find it crazy at all EDJD hasn't been identified. Back then, if a single woman wanted to have a baby, she had few options, unlike today. Except for my cousin, who made herself known to her bio father's family recently, I don't know that the other 3 children are known to their father's family. So, should any of them turn up as a Jane Doe, their half sibs would have no clue.

16. coco

coco Active Member

Thank you so much for explaining and posting the screenshot, much appreciated!

17. Deguello

Deguello Wheel of Fortune keeps turnin' round...

That's part of why EDJD's story is so intriguing--all evidence indicates she understood and mastered the fake ID game very early in her life, and largely remained a ghost while she was alive. I'm also old enough to remember this phenomenon in the late 80s into the early 90s--though computers really signaled "Game Over" for this type of thing which is why it's become largely impossible.

As to Your last sentence: all of her photos from the late 80s through 1991 (including the morgue shots) indicate a young woman about thirty years old. Youngish, but rough and weathered in the kind of way that a hard lifestyle will impart physically on a person.

- D

18. Armalita

Armalita Well-Known Member

Yes and she looks a lot like Tina her cousin

sk716, sunnynz, Gameman and 2 others like this.
  19. maybelline123

maybelline123 Active Member

I wonder why the mugshots from her 3 arrests in Dallas County, TX (one in the suburb of Garland) have never been published. If I recall correctly she got arrested December '90, January '91, and Feb '91 & all 3 times were under her Cheryl Wick identity.

Here's hoping a maternal relative decides to do a genealogical DNA test while the kits are on sale for the holidays this year. Maybe 2022 will be the year she finally gets to reclaim her true name!

sunnynz, blackbeary and Gameman like this.
  20. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Sorry if I missed it, is there any information on her maternal ancestry/maternal DNA side?

sunnynz, coco, barbel and 2 others like this.