Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a physical once-over, I just don't see how this ISN'T Anita. That nose. Not many women are that tall. They have the same eye color. They seem to have the same teeth anomalies. How full or not a face looks really doesn't matter. Even EDJD looks different from herself depending on the photograph. Also, drugs and that lifestyle take a toll. Supposedly, Anita's relative may have spoken to her on the phone in 1984, not 1994. It sounds like a lot of women who fall prey to pimps and sexual exploitation and think they can't come home. Surely, this has all been said before in this thread, but I'm new to this case and initially saw a side by side photo and assumed it was solved because they are so clearly the same person (to me). With the Jock & Jane Doe case, Websleuth's was making the connection to Pamela Buckley before it was announced.

Is anything more known about Anita's family or home life? Was her father in her life or known? Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse and this thread long ago dismissed Anita as a possibility.

I agree. The resemblance is uncanny.

She won't be on the rule out list if it were an automatic comparison, they only list manual comparisons. To put every rule out on the list would be too time consuming, there are so many. That's what I was told by NamUs.
There are exceptions, like the one they made for Patricia Salamandyk, who is Canadian and the database is only for folks who've gone missing in the US, when she was finally ruled out for Marcia King (Buckskin girl).
Yes I know CODIS exclusions are not listed.

Last edited:
After further review, it is only possible if Anita's father wasn't her father (which is doubtful since she has a definite Nordic appearance and tall stature), OR one her father's brothers fathered the first cousin in Alabama. This is NOT possible because the father was an only child. The third possibility is really a long shot, which is that Anita's grandfather fathered a male child outside of marriage, then that male child went on to father the cousin in Alabama. He would have had to have done this after immigrating to the USA because his only child (Anita's father) was born while he was still living in Finland.

I suppose it is an uncanny resemblance and nothing more. I'm shocked.

Is Anita Qvist connected in any way to the Blevins family that has been mentioned earlier in this thread? The resemblance there is uncanny.
If she is, it would be through maternal lineage
Is Anita Qvist connected in any way to the Blevins family that has been mentioned earlier in this thread? The resemblance there is uncanny.

Anita is a first generation American on her father's side. He was born in Finland. Her mother's maiden name was Irwin. If there is a relation, it would probably be on the maternal side.

From a physical once-over, I just don't see how this ISN'T Anita. That nose. Not many women are that tall. They have the same eye color. They seem to have the same teeth anomalies. How full or not a face looks really doesn't matter. Even EDJD looks different from herself depending on the photograph. Also, drugs and that lifestyle take a toll. Supposedly, Anita's relative may have spoken to her on the phone in 1984, not 1994. It sounds like a lot of women who fall prey to pimps and sexual exploitation and think they can't come home. Surely, this has all been said before in this thread, but I'm new to this case and initially saw a side by side photo and assumed it was solved because they are so clearly the same person (to me). With the Jock & Jane Doe case, Websleuth's was making the connection to Pamela Buckley before it was announced.

Is anything more known about Anita's family or home life? Was her father in her life or known? Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse and this thread long ago dismissed Anita as a possibility.

I no longer believe they are the same person at all. If you look at the morgue photos of EDJD, it not only doesn't look like EDJD in life, but it looks less like Anita at all. I think the only thing known about Anita's family is the mother died in the early 80s and the father and the brother died exactly 20 years apart, on the same day. Seems like something was going on where everyone died relatively young (mother in her early 40's brother in mid-40s and father in early-50s)

If she is, it would be through maternal lineage

Anita is a first generation American on her father's side. He was born in Finland. Her mother's maiden name was Irwin. If there is a relation, it would probably be on the maternal side.

After further review, it is only possible if Anita's father wasn't her father (which is doubtful since she has a definite Nordic appearance and tall stature), OR one her father's brothers fathered the first cousin in Alabama. This is NOT possible because the father was an only child. The third possibility is really a long shot, which is that Anita's grandfather fathered a male child outside of marriage, then that male child went on to father the cousin in Alabama. He would have had to have done this after immigrating to the USA because his only child (Anita's father) was born while he was still living in Finland.

I suppose it is an uncanny resemblance and nothing more. I'm shocked.

Could she have been adopted? The mother seems to have had many siblings and step-siblings. She appeared to be the eldest. It was common for older married siblings to adopt their own their younger sister's children if they were underage or unmarried at the time of the birth and were considering putting the baby up for adoption. This happens far more than many people realize and accounts for a lot of confusion on family tree sites because DNA shows a farther connection (like niece instead of child), and the only explanation is the birth mother gave the child to the older sibling to raise as her own. A good friend of mine found out that his mom was actually his grandma and his 'older sister' was his mom—after submitting his dna to Ancestry. It was quite a shock and his 'grandma' confirmed it. His mother had died years before of a drug overdose, so it began to make sense but finding out as an adult really has messed him up.

Sorry I’ve gotten a bit lost amongst it all, can someone please clarify for me, whats the closest family match that has been found for EDJD so far? Thank you

Sorry I’ve gotten a bit lost amongst it all, can someone please clarify for me, whats the closest family match that has been found for EDJD so far? Thank you
There was a post in here from her cousin, stating that they named EDJD " Memory" . At first she thought they were sister's. I've scrolled back but I can't find the post.

I've always wondered how hard it is to get a fake/new ID? When I lost my driver's license I'm pretty sure I had to bring my SS card and Birth Certificate to get a new one. So does this mean EDJD had Cheryl's SS card and BC? I can't remember if this has already been discussed... I just know nowadays it's hard enough to get a new DV when you ARE the person, much less trying to fake an identity. Were guidelines less strict back then?
It was amazingly easy. I had fake IDs with my pic on them in both ik & ark when I was younger-mine was so I could work. I was 14 and borrowed a friends bc ( she had same hair /eye colors & same appx height/weight) went to tag office & told them I lost my drivers license so they took my pic and stuck it on a license with her info on it. Also at one point I took my bc and cut out letters/numbers like tbe issuing date and then used scotch tape and taped them where I needed then made more copies-basically until you could no longer see the tape marks.
with computers and taking thumbprints you couldn’t get by with it today but back then super easy

It was amazingly easy. I had fake IDs with my pic on them in both ik & ark when I was younger-mine was so I could work. I was 14 and borrowed a friends bc ( she had same hair /eye colors & same appx height/weight) went to tag office & told them I lost my drivers license so they took my pic and stuck it on a license with her info on it. Also at one point I took my bc and cut out letters/numbers like tbe issuing date and then used scotch tape and taped them where I needed then made more copies-basically until you could no longer see the tape marks.
with computers and taking thumbprints you couldn’t get by with it today but back then super easy

I agree it was super easy to not only fake your ID this way, but you could literally walk into a DMV and give any name you wanted. In those days if you wanted to change your name, you just had to use the new name in all facets of your life, including business and family. This was the 'common law' way to change your name and many people did it. If EDJD was close to 30 at her death, then this would have been something she could have easily done throughout the 80's. I think by the 90's it was significantly harder if not impossible

They have found a female first cousin...their fathers were brothers, but nobody in the family knows who she or her mother could be. It's speculative, but perhaps EDJD's mother lived similarly to the way she did.

GedCom matched EDJD with a second cousin. That woman, Christina, is the daughter of EDJD's first cousin once removed, Tina.

Here is a screenshot of the family tree with only the essential people. It doesn't need to go any higher up than her grandparents, Daniel and Mamie Wood. In that little snapshot should be the answer to who EDJD is. In theory, EDJD's last name would be Wood, but she may have never even known who her father was.

The great-grandparents had five boys that lived past childhood. The cousin's grandfather, NR Wood, is not a possibility. One of his full brothers (C, W, A, or R) is EDJD's grandfather. How crazy is it that her identity is still no closer to being solved?

Also, feel free to clarify if any of this is incorrect. It's my research only so it's far from fact.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 5.41.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 5.41.41 PM.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
Based on my own personal experience, where 4 single women in my life had babies in the 70s, 3 of them by one night stands, on purpose, and 1 having an affair with a married neighbor and got pregnant by mistake, I don't find it crazy at all EDJD hasn't been identified. Back then, if a single woman wanted to have a baby, she had few options, unlike today. Except for my cousin, who made herself known to her bio father's family recently, I don't know that the other 3 children are known to their father's family. So, should any of them turn up as a Jane Doe, their half sibs would have no clue.

GedCom matched EDJD with a second cousin. That woman, Christina, is the daughter of EDJD's first cousin once removed, Tina.

Here is a screenshot of the family tree with only the essential people. It doesn't need to go any higher up than her grandparents, Daniel and Mamie Wood. In that little snapshot should be the answer to who EDJD is. In theory, EDJD's last name would be Wood, but she may have never even known who her father was.

The great-grandparents had five boys that lived past childhood. The cousin's grandfather, NR Wood, is not a possibility. One of his full brothers (C, W, A, or R) is EDJD's grandfather. How crazy is it that her identity is still no closer to being solved?

Also, feel free to clarify if any of this is incorrect. It's my research only so it's far from fact.
Thank you so much for explaining and posting the screenshot, much appreciated!

I agree it was super easy to not only fake your ID this way, but you could literally walk into a DMV and give any name you wanted. In those days if you wanted to change your name, you just had to use the new name in all facets of your life, including business and family. This was the 'common law' way to change your name and many people did it. If EDJD was close to 30 at her death, then this would have been something she could have easily done throughout the 80's. I think by the 90's it was significantly harder if not impossible

That's part of why EDJD's story is so intriguing--all evidence indicates she understood and mastered the fake ID game very early in her life, and largely remained a ghost while she was alive. I'm also old enough to remember this phenomenon in the late 80s into the early 90s--though computers really signaled "Game Over" for this type of thing which is why it's become largely impossible.

As to Your last sentence: all of her photos from the late 80s through 1991 (including the morgue shots) indicate a young woman about thirty years old. Youngish, but rough and weathered in the kind of way that a hard lifestyle will impart physically on a person.

- D

Yes and she looks a lot like Tina her cousin

I wonder why the mugshots from her 3 arrests in Dallas County, TX (one in the suburb of Garland) have never been published. If I recall correctly she got arrested December '90, January '91, and Feb '91 & all 3 times were under her Cheryl Wick identity.

Here's hoping a maternal relative decides to do a genealogical DNA test while the kits are on sale for the holidays this year. Maybe 2022 will be the year she finally gets to reclaim her true name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven